Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 8:30 AM
Default Altering foundation moves/deletes objects on walls
I'm not really expecting a fix or any real help necessarily, I only wanted to let people know what happened to me.

I recently got TS4 Deluxe edition, no expansions or dlc or anything else, and bought a premade house that had a short foundation on it, and then I added shelves to a wall to display some of my 'gnome' figures, or whatever they are, that you get by digging rocks.

Subsequently I decided that I wanted to remove the foundation and increase the size of some of my rooms, and went into build mode and lowered the foundations bringing it to ground level, and buillt some walls. And when I went to add new windows in, I couldn't get them to line up horizontally with the preexisting windows. I ended up having to move the original windows up/down to match the new ones. Not a super big deal, but sort of annoying.

I went back to live mode and the shelves were still there, but all my 'gnomes' were gone. I assume that my shelves were moved along with the wall when it was lowered, and the 'gnomes' got lost along the way somewhere. Not a big deal for that either, this time, since I had only collected 3 , but If I had had a full collection I would have been upset.

Just wondering if anyone had ever had that happen to them or is it just me?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 10:40 PM
TS4 is all over the place on a regular basis, but when you download houses from others, you can't really know. There is cheatcodes around that might make it hard to do changes.

If you do changes to a house made by others, those kinds of issues has to be expected. I often don't do changes to my own houses after I have put up a lot of decoration, because ts4 has been known to have some strange bugs in the past, and they might not all be gone either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
TS4 is all over the place on a regular basis, but when you download houses from others, you can't really know. There is cheatcodes around that might make it hard to do changes.

If you do changes to a house made by others, those kinds of issues has to be expected. I often don't do changes to my own houses after I have put up a lot of decoration, because ts4 has been known to have some strange bugs in the past, and they might not all be gone either.

The house I edited was a house included with the game, that I bought and moved into, not a house from the gallery, but I get your point. It seems that TS4 is full of bugs. Even with updates, I've encountered several. Too bad.