Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:03 PM
Default New to TS2, need help getting started.
I've seem to be going in reverse with the sims in which I first got ts4 then ts3 and now ts2. With ts4 I got it pretty recent after it's release so I could figure out what script mods I needed as they came out . With ts3 I looked up "must have mods" and nraas was the first search result. However, with the sims 2 being an older game I'm having a harder time finding out what mods I need to make the game run better. I'm basically wondering what mods one would not play ts2 without to make the game run smoother and/or less stressful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:15 PM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:21 PM
Welcome to our section! I hope you will stay with us. Take a look around here. There is sticky thread on general discussion named "Essential mods"
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:42 PM
Yeah, there's a few mods you have to put in to keep your game from exploding in a ball of fire visible from space. Other than that, it's all personal preference.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 10:25 PM
I played for years with no mods at all with no problems. Maybe I was lucky, but I wouldn't say there are mods you absolutely have to put in to play, but are perhaps advisable.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 10:33 PM
My advice is always to start with the essential mods - those that keeps your game safe from corruption only. These mods will simply prevent your hood from blowing up or vanish one day.

Other mods should follow once you know the vanilla game - and there is a very good reason for this. We do not all like the same mods! And there are many mods out there, and some of them conflict with each other. I am not sure if any two people use the same mods here - some have lots of mods, others have a moderate number. Because each one of us will have our own preferences.

So before you change things, you need to know what you want to change