Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 2:59 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 16th Jun 2015 at 7:02 PM.
Default How to start new game?
I used to know how to do this, but something has happened. How do you start a completely new game? I've hit the big + sign on the opening page, the one that appears before you select which game save to play. I created a character and, when I was done, found myself in my last saved game with the characters from that neighborhood. Is this something new that was added or taken away with a patch? I used to have three games running with different characters in each, along with different versions of same established families (Goths, Caliente, etc...), but now can only get back to the one game. I thought I accidentally deleted them, but now I'm not so sure.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 3:16 PM
It should be there on the main page, on the top panel. A button to start a new world. It was introduced about three patches ago if memory serves. I've started two new hoods myself just by pressing this "new" button.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 3:26 PM

It's that little plus sign up there.
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 3:29 PM
Wait...the plus sign at the top is different than the huge plus sign in the middle of the page?

I'll go try it out.

Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I've hit the big + sign on the opening page, the one that appears before you select which game save to play. I created a character and, when I was done, found myself in my last saved game with the characters from that neighborhood.

If you're hitting the right button (see above) and still having issues, then it sounds like your default starting neighborhood is corrupt. I'd suggest resetting your user files: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/0...t-reinstalling/
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 3:35 PM
I’ve never used the plus sign in the middle I think, but the one at the top has a hovertip that says “Start New Game” (is only not on my screenshot because I didn’t have a non-crap screenshot utility at hand). So that should be what you want.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 3:37 PM
Thank you, everyone, especially plasticbox. The illustration really helped. The + at the top right started a new game and the big + in the middle adds Sims to the last game played.