Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 9:40 PM Last edited by Eglentyne : 10th Mar 2015 at 12:56 AM.
Default Toilet paper dispenser placement (and a few other buy-able items) difficulty
Has anyone noticed that it is a **serious** pain in the arse to place the toilet paper dispenser in Sims4? It is either near the ceiling, near the top off arches or seldom near the floor. . . three times out of probably at least 100 times of trying I have managed to do it. . . moveobjects on '9' and '0' adjustments completely fail the '0' has never even worked one time for any object. . . Before I give up on placing them in my game, anyone have a secret to getting the t.p. roll in the right spot?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 10:29 PM
The "0" shortcut only does anything when you have already moved the object up. By default it's at its bottom-most position, it can't go further down.

I never had any trouble placing the toilet paper where I wanted (you do mean the small wall-mounted base game one, yes? Not sure whether there's perhaps other ones that have been added with the patch or something). I usually just move it around while holding alt .. did you ever try that?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Theorist
#3 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 10:53 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 9th Mar 2015 at 11:24 PM.
you have to have walls up and angle your screen so you can push it down the wall instead of pull it. Not sure if that description makes sense :\ straight top down view usually works for me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The "0" shortcut only does anything when you have already moved the object up. By default it's at its bottom-most position, it can't go further down.

I never had any trouble placing the toilet paper where I wanted (you do mean the small wall-mounted base game one, yes? Not sure whether there's perhaps other ones that have been added with the patch or something). I usually just move it around while holding alt .. did you ever try that?

Have not tried holding alt. I will give it a go. *crosses fingers*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
you have to have walls up and angle your screen so you can push it down the wall instead of pull it. Not sure if that description makes sense :\ straight top down view usually works for me

Top down hasn't worked for me, walls up -in a big room- isn't a problem, but in a mid-height walled 3x4 room, one cannot see the right level to drag. I am going to try holding the alt key while doing this- hopefully this is a break through!
Theorist
#6 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eglentyne
Top down hasn't worked for me, walls up -in a big room- isn't a problem, but in a mid-height walled 3x4 room, one cannot see the right level to drag. I am going to try holding the alt key while doing this- hopefully this is a break through!

it;s very very tricky and if I could record a video I would, you have to sort of push it down the wall from above. x.x idk how to describe it. but I used the trick to place it in a 1x2 bathroom stall I made myself so top down was necessary xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 12:38 AM
Oh my God! The alt key saved my bacon! Plasticbox, ShigemiNotoge thank you so much for your help. Not only does holding the alt key while adjusting work on height, it also allows to tweak side to side or in the case of tp rolls forwards and backwards. . . Just flip from walls up and top down to cut away and default to move then check the placement.