Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#826 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 5:32 PM
Oh dear! Do get well soon xxx

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#827 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 5:45 PM
@Petro - I clicked 'love' above because I'm sending love to you. Not because I love that you're in pain OUCH!

Thank you, Judges, for the scores. I'm SOOOO happy not to be a judge this time around
About the "narrow passage" comment... it did not hamper sim movement in any way. I tried to show that with pictures. No one ever stomped at the stairway, and the dance floor was always crowded (in a good way.) The size of the lot suggests it doesn't want a huge crowd, so I didn't build anything that would attract a huge crowd. The "slide" had 2 access points, the dance floor was meant for 6 or 7 sims, there are 2 beach 'activities', a chess table, and a bar; If I have 15 sims on the lot at one time, that would be the most I'd want.... just sayin'...

And about this round: Stepped Pagoda buildings do not make stair placement easy. And Freezy? Well, she's just gotta be fired. That's that! Can we build a "time share" that doesn't use hotel staff? A multi-resident rental building (not a home) that does not have a check-in desk? Kinda like the game would see a dorm? But, it wouldn't be a dorm, obviously, and it probably wouldn't work as such in Takemizu, right? *sigh* I'm at a loss
I guess I'll just go upload another EAxis remodel.... I can't face my game at the moment

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#828 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:03 PM
Well vacation home could be condos...

Thinking more on it how would you get that to work?
Mad Poster
#829 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:16 PM
*sigh* Thanks for thinking with me GDayars.

Welp, my 35th Maxis Make-Over is now posted. It is also my 98th house upload!

And now we are about to get our first thunderstorm of the year - it looks to be a pretty bad one (the last cold front moving through, I think) So, I better shut down my PC. I'm certainly not going to load my game. Yet.

...maybe I'll swing around and see how Petro's doing

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#830 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
to be honest, I liked all the lots.

So did I - I thought there were some great builds.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#831 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 10:49 PM Last edited by gazania : 20th Mar 2018 at 11:09 PM.
Geesh, this contest finds some of us in really rough circumstances! Hope everyone's everythings work out wonderfully.

I'm afraid my lot will have to hold around 108,000 Simoleons or so. When I started adding much more, my lot crashed. It could be a coincidence. Sometimes, lots crash for weird reasons. Or maybe something decided it wanted to update at that moment, and I did NOT stop the program's auto-update. Or it could be that maybe this lot is getting a little too overloaded. With so many small things on it, I shudder to think of all the Sim references and relations. I've packaged it as a precaution (pre-crash), but did not bin it, so really, I don't know the number.* I will have to see how it plays in game play. If I am having trouble, this might be a much cheaper lot. The prototype I have on my test machine worked fine, but there was a whole lot less CC on it. I might remove some when I'm actually playing if there is a problem.

It is definitely not the CC itself. I've tested all this stuff before (generally several times on several lots), and never had a crash.

So my lot might have to be a cheapie this time around.

*Binned it. 109 Sim scores. 9 Sim relations. Not that bad. Go figure.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Top Secret Researcher
#832 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 11:12 PM Last edited by yavannatw : 21st Mar 2018 at 2:20 AM.
I won't get to 150,000 either. I'm at about 111,000. Just need to double check the inside after doing landscaping. It's been play-tested and all areas are accessible. When I take pics I might spot some problems.

Edit: 14 pics weren't enough so I've doubled up, putting 2 in one. Hopefully this is allowed. I'm only playalong anyway.
Final price about 113,000
Top Secret Researcher
#833 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
*sigh* Thanks for thinking with me GDayars.

Welp, my 35th Maxis Make-Over is now posted. It is also my 98th house upload!

You should put pics up in the Maxis Houses Remodeled group.

(Sorry for double posting)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#834 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 3:50 AM Last edited by gdayars : 21st Mar 2018 at 4:02 AM.
Default Play alongs scores
These are the playalongs comments from one of the judges

I think we will try to do a different judge each time for comments Of course if more than one volunteers... the more the merrier :P

Top Secret Researcher
#835 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:58 AM
Thanks, judges. Artwork thing noted. I just couldn't find what I wanted then ran out of money anyway.
Mad Poster
#836 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:25 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 21st Mar 2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Typo
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
how bad is it if you go over budget, @gdayars? I feel like the next lot is gonna be decorated all out and im scared of my own spending hahaha

Say it like this, if you go over budget count on losing all five points. So I wouldn't recommend it, since you'll lose 5 from all judges and a 15p hit is a lot even if you do manage to score all 5's in the rest because of it. Gdayars gave us set rules for that category so it'll be equally harsh from all three.

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
A note to Judge 1 and 2: I need to say this: the toilets are NOT open (Hehe). I simply removed the walls to take a pic of the rooms inside, since they are so small and then pressed the undo button. I actually added a pic with a floor plan that shows all the walls, but it seems that I forgot to add it to the required pics (it is in the thumbnails, though, although I understand that it is not adequate). As far as I know it is accepted to remove a wall to take an inside shot of a very small space but I should have made that clear. I will keep that in mind in the future. (That also explains the missing floor plan, I hope ).

Ah, well that makes sense Sorry, I usually use the attached pictures when judging but it seems for some reason on yours I didn't. Typical! I will ask gdayars to raise your playability score to 5

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
About the "narrow passage" comment... it did not hamper sim movement in any way. I tried to show that with pictures. No one ever stomped at the stairway, and the dance floor was always crowded (in a good way.)

I believe you, that is why I only subtracted half a point. Normally narrow areas is a full point by my criteria, but I figured this one would only rarely cause stomping. And the slide/jump thing wasn't so much about number of ways to get into pool, but more the feeling. A water funland type thing usually has a number of attractions, and while the simulated slide is really cool Sims won't really register that it's more fun to swim down the slide than any regular pool, whereas a real slide is a massive fun boost. Does that make sense?

Sorry to hear about all the injuries and things breaking and whatnots. Bizarre how contests seem to always happen when people have lots of RL things going on. Hope everyone recovers well and that no more appliances break, or anything else for that matter.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#837 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 9:21 AM
Thank you so much judges.. :lovestruc

I tend to make things a lot bigger than they should be..I love to make large rooms so I don't have sims stomping and waving their arms..lol..but with something like this one..I do agree I could have made smaller rooms in the restaurant and band area and put the band on a platform..but didn't think of that..

I am proud of what I did this time around..

Next one will be a lot easier

Congratulations on all the contestants and play alongs on these first 2 rounds... :lovestruc

Looking forward to seeing what everyone does on this next round..
Mad Poster
#838 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:36 PM
I have come to the conclusion that I would be a lousy judge. I would be giving high scores all over the place to these lots. There is some really impressive creativity here!

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#839 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:27 PM
I know right?

LOTS of creativity!
Lab Assistant
#840 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 8:27 PM
A theoretical score of 30 points? Thanks! I worked really hard on my entry, and I can already see the ways the contest has refined my skills with building. I'm super humbled. Next contest, I'm definitely participating as a full-fledged contestant!

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Top Secret Researcher
#841 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:58 PM
Fountains are a good way to use up some Simoleons. I wanted one in the previous build but couldn't afford it so yes, this time. Just the one. Which meant, of course, re-taking some pictures.
While I was in there, I changed a couple of other things, retook the price, exited. Then I noticed some of the older pics had things I'd changed in shot, so I had to go in again and re-take some pics. I always seem to do this. You think it's all finished when you first take the pics, but no.
I don't want to be the first one to upload yet - still 11 days to go.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#842 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 5:16 AM
@Justpetro @Karen Lorraine @kanzen @Yvelotic2001

Your scores have been slightly adjusted I will write in the scores on the front board tomorrow
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#843 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bbostic8
A theoretical score of 30 points? Thanks! I worked really hard on my entry, and I can already see the ways the contest has refined my skills with building. I'm super humbled. Next contest, I'm definitely participating as a full-fledged contestant!

Next content isn't that far off and involves mostly decorating. *hint hint*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#844 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Next content isn't that far off and involves mostly decorating. *hint hint*

Noted, Jo!

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Mad Poster
#845 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:41 AM
Thank you, everyone, I appreciate it. (I will be okay; going to lounge around like a lazy Sim for a day or 3).

@gummilutt, @gdayars, thank you.
Mad Poster
#846 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 9:39 AM Last edited by gazania : 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:47 AM. Reason: Oops. Missed a number in the total!
Despite the added stuff, my lot passed the three-day Freezy test. There was a moment of concern when the BELLHOP froze as he and Freezy attempted to enter my Sim's bungalow at once, but a quick room service call, and the bellhop unfroze and did his usual thing (unlike SOME housekeeper I know, who would have frozen for the duration of the stay). No crashing.

No matter how I tried, I wound up around 110,600 Simoleons. Mine might very well be the cheapest of the lots, but definitely not because of a lack of trying. I don't think I can even stick a fountain in any spot on that lot without it looking really odd. Also, after the lot crashed during building, I'm reluctant to add that much more.

The terrain might need a bit more sprucing up, and I might want to try the lot in a vacation hood (right now, I'm trying it in the main hood), so I don't want to post it yet. But i want to post it soon. I never know how I'm going to feel at this time, and there is still the temptation to try another lot.

I envy how lovely the water looks on so many of the lots! Unfortunately, I've tried Voeille's mod, and while the water is really nice and shimmery, I have a problem. Most of my CC hood terrains are set pretty low to allow many more beach lots, and the water looks really odd on the lower-slung interior lots because of this. I get a combo beach/lake effect. Hard to explain. Alas, I'm still using Moi's mod.

EDIT ... Missed a digit in the total. My lot isn't THAT cheap!

Lab Assistant
#847 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:23 AM
GUYS GUYS LOOK I'm so excited I had to share!!

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#848 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:31 AM
oh good for you Freelala! That is something I have yet to do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#849 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:45 AM
I keep saying I WANT to do it ... cool to see you actually did!

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#850 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:16 AM
Good job, Freelala! Swimmable lakes are a PITA to make But they are cool to have.

Page 34 of 59