Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 12:45 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 10th Jan 2018 at 10:11 PM.
Default {SOLVED}Question and help with a recolor please
Ok everyone..I did it..I recolored my first matching couch, chair and loveseat..hehe..I will give you a sneak preview..here in a minute..
I just noticed something about the legs on all 3 and they are the same color as the recolor so if I have a red couch the legs are red, yellow legs are yellow..I went back into SimPE..and I can't see where you don't recolor the whole image..

See how the legs are the same color..

Now here is the original that I recolored just the picture from SimPE..

Now what don't I recolor in this last picture..so the legs will be brown or black

Thank you for your help in advance :D
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 2:18 AM
Moved to create - recoloring.

There are some handy templates that show you what is what on maxis stuff. http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=337

The legs are that solid black rectangle in the top middle. Also, does that have two subsets?

ETA: Nope the legs are not separately recolorable. I'm sure there is a CEP for them ... @shastakiss.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 2:26 AM
Thank you sooo much Huge..if it's ok can I leave this open..I am sure I will have a lot more questions along the way of learning lol..

So that means when I recolor the couch or whatever with the chairs the legs get recolored as well..??

Oh I forgot to mention in the first post..in SimPE I don't have any in game rugs..aren't they supposed to be there..
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:31 PM
They should be there - under Decorative -> Rugs.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 5:09 PM
Nysha..the rugs are not in there..I just rechecked..
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:36 PM
Is the rugs section empty or does it just not show up?

In my OW none of the rugs are listed as basegame - but some are listed as unknown. I wonder if that's related.

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 7:03 PM
There are no rugs showing up..
Well if they aren't showing up for you then I don't feel so bad lol..
I just went though every single unknown..and nothing with rugs..
I do however in that unknown have a lot of red x's with a circle around them..and with those there are no pictures..

With that I guess I won't be recoloring in game rugs...
Now with the first question..on the legs of the chairs..is there a way of fixing the color..since as you see the color of the legs are the same as the chair color..shouldn't they be wood not fabric lol..or is that how they have to be recolored..

I am color blind..I see only Black, Brown, Red, White, and Grey..everything is grey except the black, brown, red and white..it does make it hard to recolor and all that..but I look at the textures and if I like that then I go with the recolor lol..or I get help from my kids and grandkids..

Thank you Nysha for your help
Scholar
#8 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 1:58 AM
That particular chair, 'Armchair by Club Design' has only 1 mesh part 'fabric'. The legs use part of the texture in the middle at the top, you'll never get it right without the UV map so I've placed it's UV map on Box.net for you (85kb). I coloured the bit that the legs use in green (which you'll probably seen as grey but the rest is in black & white).
https://app.box.com/s/qsvgaea80q5ozs7i68l9btqsfg69o9ya
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 6:31 AM
Thank you sooo much Chris Hatch.. :lovestruc

I have never used a UV map before..not even use I have ever seen one..but will give it a try..if you see a topic on it you will know it's me

Omgosh..ok..well I know one thing..I won't ever be creating a UV map

I found where I need to fix and recolor them back to normal

Thank you again Chris..for your help :D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 8:05 PM
If you've got lots of unknowns with no thumbnail, that sounds like some of the entries in your SimPE file table need to be double checked.

Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 10:09 PM
Thank you Nysha

How do I fix that..?
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 10:34 PM
I did it..I fixed the legs on the chair..omgosh I am so proud of myself lol..

And made 11 recolors of the chair and working on making several colors on the legs..

Thank you all for your help with this..