Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 1:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Island Paradise
Default Question regarding mods
Hello everyone!

So recently I reinstalled origin and reinstalled sims 3 and the very few packs that were listed on it. Half are missing which is not my question, just a declaration of my annoyance. Ok so the current ones i have are
Ambitions
World Adventures
Isla paradiso
High end loft stuff.

My question is, what mods would be best for those packs? Isla is lag central with lets walk into rocks, world adventure has always had a crash problem... The others seem pretty stable but that would leave me very limited. Its already limited enough without the other 4 packs that for some reason are not on my origin. I have seen a few things on how to fix isla, but they also suggested mods. The information was several years old so i want to make sure what i get is accurate.

Any advice/help/suggestions is appreciated! Thank you!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 1:27 AM
Suggesting mods is very difficult since most of the time they're very player dependent and to suggest based specifically on EP can also be difficult but lots of essential sims 3 mods are hosted here > http://nraas.wikispaces.com/?respon...c0e01267599aa77 < I personally suggest going through all of them to see which ones you like.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 2:58 AM
I need to clarify, mods that would improve overall gameplay, the ones that help with lag with and things that crash isla paradiso. Not the ones that add things to the game.
Alchemist
#4 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:55 AM Last edited by sweetdevil : 7th Oct 2017 at 8:25 AM.
I suggest using Nraas Traveler for improving the travel system that EA introduced in WA and UNI.
Overwatch and ErrorTrap are good for general game maintenance.
Register allows you to manage immigration (can be useful to avoid your town being populated with puddings in NPC roles), manage the number of stray pets (for when/if you get the Pets EP) and paparazzi (for when/if you get Late Night), and remove sims from service roles (like freeing that cute bookstore clerk from France to marry them )
Relativity allows you to modify the passage of time; longer days make for less running around feeling like you're out of time on vacation!

ellacharmed's world fixes; EA got very lazy making the worlds from EA and there are some bad routing spots where sims will get stuck, which will lead to intermittent freezing and TONS of lag.
Zaroba has made a few mods relating to vacationing and visa point requirements.
Jen&tonic made a mod to enable the WA makeup for all categories.
And any of these environmental mods by BrntWaffles will make your game even more beautiful - which is a must, as the WA worlds are gorgeous. Just make sure to read the descriptions so you don't accidentally download one for TS4.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 4:47 PM
A couple of the NRaas mods are indeed EP-specific. There isn't any harm in having them in place anyway, but they would just be pointless. For example, Tempest isn't going to have anything to do without the Seasons EP, and Hybrid would be less useful without more of the EPs that add occult states. Cupcake requires the EA Store bakery set or else the game will crash on startup.

On the others, they would all work fine even on base-game only. Some commands will still appear even if they won't work though. For example, MasterController may appear to allow a sim to join an afterschool club, but if Generations is not in play then the command wouldn't really do anything useful. Certain skills may show up also in MC, but you can't really use them if the associated EP is not present. The Vampire Caste in StoryProgression isn't really going to control anything if you don't have LateNite or Supernatural. None of this is harmful, just potentially a little misleading.

The NRaas mods that work the hardest to help with game performance would be Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, and to an extent GoHere. Would also add Traveler to that list if your sims are planning to travel to other worlds of any kind. And MasterController -- although it doesn't do anything at all just by virtue of its being there, its Reset Sim and Reset Everything commands among others are very useful.

The best solution in addition to mods to get the Isla Paradiso world to be playable would be ciane's redone version of the world which she makes available as a ready to play saved game together with pages of instructions on what she did there for the Do It Yourself crowd.
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...oving-ip-lag/p1
Forum Resident
#6 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:16 PM
I would also like to add to Sweetdevil's comment regarding register and stray pets - Isla Paradiso also has an issue with Wild horses and routing - you can simply reduce the number of wild horses to 1 (I don't think you can delete them altogether) and reduce the number of deer and raccoons as well. It is such a beautiful world that it is a shame you have to fix it to play it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 11:33 PM
Thank you! I have experience with mods on other games just never did it for the sims. With other games some mods go out of use so I was not sure what mods would still be valid. I have been looking for that redone Isla world, I saw it mentioned but thank you for providing the link!
Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by witchydesign
Thank you! I have experience with mods on other games just never did it for the sims. With other games some mods go out of use so I was not sure what mods would still be valid. I have been looking for that redone Isla world, I saw it mentioned but thank you for providing the link!

Her Isla Paradiso fix is especially important because, while it does look pretty and realistic, placing a room with arches before a door designated as the front door leads to routing issues with visitors.
I've heard the hidden islands can also cause some lag but I think it happens only when they're on screen. Also be wary of water routing, as it may lead to sims stuck out in the ocean or in an endless loop between two points on the shore (this is where Nraas Traffic and Overwatch can help).

I also second igazor's suggestion of getting GoHere; it adds the convenient option of all sims (or only vampires) being able to teleport everywhere without having to enable TCE

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!