Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 31 (Who?), Viewed: 1365 times.
Page 2 of 2
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:13 AM
I downloaded finally and have played a tiny bit. One thing that is bad for me is you have to be online. And it looks like all you do is one task after another? It is better than I expected from the trailer, but odds are I will delete it very soon.
Theorist
#27 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 7:11 PM
I don't want to play a sims type game on my phone. What an awful platform for a sim. This is as terrible a choice as chop's iFruit app for gtav.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 1:01 AM
I would play a tad more if on my PC. If I could just purchase for about 5 bucks outright. As it stands I expect it will be gone. I have other games on my ipad I like much more and they are ones that you do not have to play online.
Theorist
#29 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:09 PM
iPad-to-TV-cable?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#30 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 2:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
It's empty on content. The opening looked really promising ... but then, ... you just get stuck doing repetitive tasks, grinding skills and items and selling them in order to continue doing the same. Meh, was good while it lasted.

At first, I thought you were talking about TS4.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 4:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizerist
iPad-to-TV-cable?

If I liked it enough to connect to internet at home somehow would check it out. I think it will be deleted instead though.
Instructor
#32 Old Yesterday at 4:47 PM
Well, the game does differ with Sims in some key aspects. You do not control the character you create and they have no needs. The similarities are that you can customise your character and you can build and furnish their homes. It's what you do with the game's currency. And the characters look remarkably similar to Sims 4 models.

The gameplay is overly simple, you have job requests, you collect or make the items which you need thoughts for (they too take time to collect), they take a certain amount of real time (but you can queue lots at the same time) and then you hand them in. You get coins and xp. That's pretty much it. There's some social component to the game but I haven't really tried it out. I've been able to do a lot in the game without getting roadblocks, you can get by pretty well without spending any real money, unlike Freeplay. Someone would probably be tempted in spending if they really want some furniture or clothes, but the goals themselves are easy enough to achieve on their own. For instance, I'm currently at the top of the leaderboard in the Halloween event against the people I was matched with. I never spend a penny on free to play games (and usually don't play them for long since they make roadblocks for you).

Downsides of the game is that it's very much just doing the same things over and over again. There isn't much you can do and due to the lack of control over the character, you can't, for instance, tell them to go read a book. It also lacks very much in the sound department, lots of the game would be silent if not for the music. I also find it a little lame that your character doesn't do more interactions with things. Even if I can't control her, I'd still like to see her interact with the world more.

Overall it's ok, not great not bad - at the very least it provides competition. Just as a point of reference, I have a love-hate relation to Freeplay. It would be a decent mobile game if the tasks were reasonably timed, it's got a lot of content but the Sims look super dated. And the biggest problem is having to unlock everything, which would take forever to do if you are against spending any money. I prefer games I can pay outright but that's just me. I'm going to try out The Sims Mobile when it comes out too but don't expect it to be much better than Freeplay apart from aesthetics maybe.
Page 2 of 2