Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Application has crashed. Application will now terminate message
So I've been getting that at some points (I got it stable for a while) until my sim went on vacation. I dont really think its my computer hardware (listed below) it is running in vista compatibility mode. i do have some cc i have the ford downloads that came from the sims 2 site and 2 decoration recolors running.

CPU: Intel i7-4790k (4 cores, 8 threads 4.0GHZ Turbo up to 4.4GHZ)
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA 970 GTX SSC, 4GB VRAM
RAM: 16GB 1866MHZ
HDD: 2TB WD Black Edition, 543GB Free
Directx Version 12

I have every EP and SP installed

I'm not exactly sure on my drivers i think i have the most recent or the 2nd or 3rd. I'm running out of ideas. i doubt its the Ford downloads, ass it ran fine but slow on an older pc. Any tips or ways i can find out whats causing it will be great.
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:34 PM
did you check the logs to see what the message said? It usually says that when it runs out of memory on mine....
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:36 PM
First, it belongs here: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Second, in your savegame folder (usually C:\Users\[user]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\) you'll find a Logs folder. Find the most recent Sims2Exception file and paste it in (spoiler tags is a good idea). It gives a bit more information.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#4 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:44 PM Last edited by anothereyjana : 4th Sep 2017 at 10:47 PM. Reason: NINJA-ED!
"The application has crashed, The Sims 2 will now terminate"
Welcome to the simming experience new player!

In all seriousness though, it probably isn't something to worry about unless it literally happens every time you try to send them on vacation, or unless you're also getting things like visual errors as well (then it could be a graphics issue).

First step if you're having constant crashes is to check the usual suspects, make sure that your game and your anti-virus are playing nice, and try doing a 50/50 to make certain it isn't CC that's the culprit (ie, take out half or all of your CC, run game to see if it crashes, close game, slowly add CC back, repeat until you've eliminated CC as the cause).
I know you said you have almost none, but each game and computer configuration is different, and different things will make your game puke than others, even items that have caused literally no one else any problems at all. Ex., in my previous game, I had a dining room table that kept causing crashes. Not the rest of the set, and there were no viruses or anything, because I got it from this site. It was literally just that one table, and in just my game. Sims really is super-finicky sometimes.

Also, heads-up, you'll want to put stuff like this in the help and tech sections of the forum in the future.

NINJA-ED!
But yeah, I forgot about the crash logs and memory possibly being an issue. Definitely check those first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
First, it belongs here: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Second, in your savegame folder (usually C:\Users\[user]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\) you'll find a Logs folder. Find the most recent Sims2Exception file and paste it in (spoiler tags is a good idea). It gives a bit more information.

didn't see the help as im new to the help section of the site. so my bad.

and what am i looking for in particular with the Sims2Exception file? the code? the info before the "loaded modules"?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 11:23 PM
Info before loaded modules will work.

Since you're on a 64-bit system (judging from the amount of RAM) do you have the 4GB Patch? You apply it to the executable of the latest EP (Sims2EP9.exe):
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

It makes the game able to grab more than 2GB of memory.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 12:20 AM
Info before loaded modules will work.

Since you're on a 64-bit system (judging from the amount of RAM) do you have the 4GB Patch? You apply it to the executable of the latest EP (Sims2EP9.exe):
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

It makes the game able to grab more than 2GB of memory.

No, i wasnt aware of it. I just installed them to my current pc after not playing for a few years. the Exception info is attached.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  sims2excedata.zip (767 Bytes, 198 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 1:26 AM
Huh, no exception code. And you still have half your memory.

Does it crash every time you go on vacation?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 2:52 AM
Huh, no exception code. And you still have half your memory.

Does it crash every time you go on vacation?

Not sure have to try it again. It crashed maybe 10-15 min after they arrived.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:20 AM
It could've been just a one-time thing. I actually get an error-with-no-error-code sometimes when I spin the camera too quickly with a modified camera (game gets confused on what exactly to render so it ends up vomiting and crashing).

Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 2:01 PM
On my old computer I used to get crashes if I went too long without saving. I don't think it like having to remember so much stuff.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:17 PM
[QUOTE=Corvettedude812]didn't see the help as im new to the help section of the site. so my bad.

S'okay, Corvettedude. We'll work with you wherever you are. It's just that people who know how to fix things are usually hanging out on that thread and you can get help much more quickly there.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 4:20 PM
It could've been just a one-time thing. I actually get an error-with-no-error-code sometimes when I spin the camera too quickly with a modified camera (game gets confused on what exactly to render so it ends up vomiting and crashing).

i sent them back to the same spot as the crash happened, and i didnt crash it might have been the 4gb patch that prevented it.