Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 5:22 AM Last edited by Gustavo2Sims : 7th Nov 2017 at 5:44 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 Crashing to the desktop.. l need help urgently
Hello, I have a lot of CC on my game (28,000 items to be exact) but I always keep my downloads folder organized using "Sim2Pack clean"
but that does not seem to help since my game always crashes when I go on a community lot (yes, my game never crashes for the desktop when I'm on a residential lot or in a vacation house)
this makes me believe in the possibility that the neighbors I created was the cause of my problem, so I removed all of them from my neighborhood, (because it seems like my game crashes when a neighbor wearing custom content arrives in a lot where I'm playing )
but it did not help, my game kept crashing

is there any way to solve this problem? this error is my worst nightmare

additional note: I can not stay more than 2 minutes on a community lot without the game crashing
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:59 AM
Exactly how did you remove the neighbors? If you deleted them (and did so improperly), you may have caused neighborhood-wide corruption.

Depending on how the neighbors are clothed (by defaults, towniefied clothes/hairs, or similar) you may be able to find the culprit by looking through the clothing and hair sections firist (most likely a clothing item for child or above, possibly an Everyday or Outerwear item).

If you can visit community lots but they crash when a certain neighbor appears, it's probably not a furniture item. If the game crashes while loading the community lot, the culprit may be an item that only shows on community lots.

If you have no clue what's causing the crashing, you may have to do a 50/50 search. And yes, it's annoying having to do so - but it's better to do it and find the issue than having to go around the problem all the time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 10:28 AM
Moving to help.

What do you mean by the 'neighbours? Townies? And by 'got rid of' do you mean kill? Because if you deleted them you just caused yourself a whole heap of trouble as each deletion would have corrupted your hood one step further.

Crashing may be due to corruption if you have been deleting sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 4:07 PM
Have you tried deleting all the .cache files? These are safe to delete and simply regenerate next time you launch the game. If you make a lot of changes with SimPE or Clean installer, deleting the .cache files is usually needed to get the game to launch. At least for me.

I have the occasional crash every so often, But when I have it regularly, I use a process of elimination tactic. I have over 38k files of custom content (if you include walls/floors). I also have mine sorted into folders by creator. When I have had persistent crashes, its almost always been because of a custom content item. So I divide the folders up into new folders and narrow it down that way. It can be a timely process, but I have found its the most accurate way of knowing which (if any) custom content is causing the issue.

One place to start is move ALL your custom content to a separate folder (outside the game files folder) and load the game with a 'clean unplayed neighborhood' and see if you have the issue still. If you don't, then use the process of elimination technique.

On a related note, what if someone downloads a custom neighborhood with ZERO sims, is that corrupted? What exactly is the proper way to delete townies/unwanted neighbors?