Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 2:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Any possible way to fix the snow flickering on the floor on The Sims 2?
Good evening everyone. New to the website and looking for some help on figuring out this issue I've ran into during my run on The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

When winter finally came into play, snow started covering the ground and I notice the floor textured sidewalks, my porch and my road started to flicker a whole lot whenever I rotate or zoom in and out my camera. But surprisingly the snow looks fine on the grass texture.

Here is a example of what it looks like. Red highlights the horrible snow graphic issue. While green highlights how the snow suppose to look.

I've been messing with my settings and still haven't figure out how to fix this issue. I also gave out my Graphic Rules.sgr and Video Cards.sgr so maybe someone here who has more experience that can pin point if it's those two files that causing me issues.

And if you're interested, here are my specs:

Intel i7-6700HQ
Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
16384MB (16GB) of RAM

And here is some extra info, I play The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in Windowed Mode. Since my Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M doesn't play well in Windowed mode for this game, I was forced to use my Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 to play the game in Windowed mode. which works flawlessly until this snow issue showed up.

I hope someone here has an idea how to fix this issue, this has been bothering me for quite some time and having a fix would be wonderful!

Also sorry if this is placed in the wrong category, still not sure if this should be in Seasons or just in general. Change it if needed.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Video Cards.sgr and Graphics Rules.sgr Files.zip (11.1 KB, 29 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 1:41 PM
Moved to help - you should get better - err help, here

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Moved to help - you should get better - err help, here

Thanks for putting it in a better spot. I didn't notice "Help" to be honest haha. Either way I hope someone here can help me with this issue, I been searching online and notice a few people on the internet also getting the same issue. But they seemed to not manage to find a way to fix the issue.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 10:10 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7819 snow flickering in ultimate collection

Yeah I remember reading that awhile back.

I did somewhat found out that it is my integrated card though, I decided to switch over to my GTX960M and play the game in fullscreen since Windowed mode won't work on it sadly and the snow stopped flickering.

I'm guessing my Integrated card is the issue, but I still wonder if there is a way to fix this so I can still play in Windowed mode on The Sims 2.