Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 3:35 AM Last edited by Kaeddilein : 30th Jun 2016 at 4:06 AM.
Default CAW-made World Won't Open in Game, "A Serious Error Has Occurred While Loading" Message Even With New Game
Hello Mod The Sims!

Long Time Reader, First Time Question Asker here. I would really appreciate some help in getting my new sims 3 world to work!!! It's a great world and I look forward to sharing... once it's working!

I created a new world in CAW called Crystal Peaks. I can't get it to actually open in the sims 3. Here's the story:

After adding some lots to Crystal Peaks, EIG regularly crash to desktop with no error notification or with 'sims 3 has stopped working'. After adding a few lots, this started happening almost immediately. I tried the usual fixes with no success, but wrote it off as common sims bugginess and figured, no harm done, I can always fill in lots later. I also tested a completely empty tiny world, Testworld opening it in EIG and trying to add a few lots and trees, to see if the problem was my system, or Crystal Peaks. Testworld crashed to desktop, so it seems Crystal Peaks is not the problem, EIG just won't work on my computer for some reason. (Or am I wrong? Does this indicate some other issue I'm not aware of?)

I exported Crystal Peaks and installed the sims3pack. At first it wouldn't export but I copy-pasted the world file to desktop and it exported fine. Then opened the sims 3 and clicked new game, and watched the loading bar crawl along with joyful anticipation. All of a sudden, after only a few seconds, the bar jumped to completely loaded for an instant, then the dreaded error message popped up:

"A Serious Error Has Occurred While Loading Crystal Peaks. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application."

I did so. The same error message came up again. I tried restarting my computer, clearing caches, uninstalled the world and reinstalled it, re-worked all routing and made sure there wasn't any overlap of lots and roads or routing errors... I've done everything I can think of. I still get the same error message, every time I try to open my beautiful world in the sims 3. I even tried moving a family into that world from a previously saved game... same thing happened. Other worlds work fine, including one I created in CAW on my old laptop.

I tried installing Testworld, completely empty tiny world, and it opened in game just fine. I added a few lots, two houses, two families, let it play for a few minutes, saved and quit, opened it again. It works. I'm guessing that means there is SOMETHING corrupted in Crystal Peaks... but I have no idea what.

There are some really weird things in the global layer of Crystal Peaks, like what looks like watermelon and other fruit in the corner, and there is a strange problem with a few spawners that were part of a lot that I deleted; the spawners are now floating in the air in the global layer and I can't delete them. Is this a likely cause of the problem, and if so, any ideas to how I can fix it?

I just deleted my DCCache folder contents, saved a new version of Crystal Peaks with the awful basegame replacements (my crystals! NOOO) exported it and opened it... it worked in the game. Am I correct in understanding that means that some CC of mine is corrupt, but Crystal Peaks itself is fine? Any tips for figuring out WHICH of my CC is good... and which is the culprit?

Crystal Peaks is a medium sized world with 87 lots, three short roads, several footpaths (sidewalks), lots of plants and spawners and some nice big crystals. Only 5 of the lots have buildings on them, the rest are just empty lots. I haven't populated it or done anything fancy at all. I've never had trouble with CAW before (though this is my first attempt on my new laptop).

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me in fixing this!!!

Kathryn
Screenshots
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 5:14 PM
Game version?

Do you have a CAW save that hasn't resulted in it crashing in EIG? EIG crashing may have resulted in a corrupt CAW file.

You can test 2 ways-
1. the 50/50 method of CC removal. Are all you CC in sim3pack format, ie only installed via Launcher and only exists in DCCache folder? Or, do you also have CC in the Mods folder?
2. deleting the last edits in CAW, like a lot or a layer, save under different name until the world loads as an installed world, not just in EIG.
Space Pony
#3 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 7:30 AM
Check your DCCache-Backup folder... I think, I'm not home at the moment so I can't check. If it's over 2GBs your CC is causing your crashes. If your like me and can't live without your CC, download CC magic http://modthesims.info/d/461888 and place all of your objects, clothing,store stuff into your downloads folder and run CC magic. Exclude any lots, counter-tops and worlds. Than delete everything in your DCCache folder, and reinstall your worlds, lots and counter-tops via the launcher, (make sure to take them back out of your downloads folder, when you open CCMagic). It happened with me, only I'd get black boxes over the buttons, I'd try and push through and lets just say the game didn't like that very much.
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 4:50 PM
I've been seeing a lot of people having trouble with EIG. It seems to only work for a very few people. It crashes terribly and I think that makes it very likely that it has corrupted your world. For myself, I've decided not to use EIG any more. When I get my world to the point of adding lots, I'll do it as a save in actual game, not using EIG.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I've been seeing a lot of people having trouble with EIG. It seems to only work for a very few people. It crashes terribly and I think that makes it very likely that it has corrupted your world. For myself, I've decided not to use EIG any more. When I get my world to the point of adding lots, I'll do it as a save in actual game, not using EIG.

Can't you change the hexnumbers identifying your world with S3PE Lucy? I haven't tried it though, just a suggestion.
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 9:40 PM
Honestly, I haven't gotten far enough with the world I'm working on. I tried placing a couple of made lots in EIG, it crashed, and then I read that almost everybody else was reporting similar issues, so I figured I would finish the topology and roads and so on, and then finish in game. But I'm taking world creation very slowly because every little step is so frustrating I can only work for half an hour or an hour at a time before I want to blow something up, and then it takes some days before I can face it again (I'm talking about placing roads, sculpting, other basic steps). I have no idea how some people crank out multiple worlds over short periods of time, when placing things is so difficult and things keep bouncing out of place.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 5:12 AM
It's very easy to make a world if you don't give a damn about routing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Aug 2016 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
Check your DCCache-Backup folder... I think, I'm not home at the moment so I can't check. If it's over 2GBs your CC is causing your crashes. If your like me and can't live without your CC, download CC magic http://modthesims.info/d/461888 and place all of your objects, clothing,store stuff into your downloads folder and run CC magic. Exclude any lots, counter-tops and worlds. Than delete everything in your DCCache folder, and reinstall your worlds, lots and counter-tops via the launcher, (make sure to take them back out of your downloads folder, when you open CCMagic). It happened with me, only I'd get black boxes over the buttons, I'd try and push through and lets just say the game didn't like that very much.

Thank you!! I just downloaded this, but the instructions page isn't working anymore. Can you be a bit more specific about how to use this?

Thank you again!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2016 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Game version?

Do you have a CAW save that hasn't resulted in it crashing in EIG? EIG crashing may have resulted in a corrupt CAW file.

You can test 2 ways-
1. the 50/50 method of CC removal. Are all you CC in sim3pack format, ie only installed via Launcher and only exists in DCCache folder? Or, do you also have CC in the Mods folder?
2. deleting the last edits in CAW, like a lot or a layer, save under different name until the world loads as an installed world, not just in EIG.

Thanks for this. game version is whatever the most recent one is.
when I delete my DCCache, load the world in CAW, save and export, it loads in game. So I think the issue is likely CC, not corrupted world... does that make sense? I deleted all the lots with anything on them, just in case. I'm open to deleting all of my CC, redownloading store stuff and doing the 50 / 50 method for everything else... but yeah. Kind of a bitch.