Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 3:10 AM
Default Need help with my antivirus program
I've got Avira on my laptop, and up until around a month or so ago it worked fine, but now it keeps turning off the real time protection every 5-10 minutes, and I can't figure out why. I've scanned the system several times, both with Avira and the free version of Malwarebytes (in free mode, not active). I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Avira, and it worked for a few hours but now it's back to turning off.

I've tried searching around, but the only thing I can find is that an update may have caused the problem - but the topics were anything from 3 years to fairly recent, so I'm not sure.

Somewhat unrelated (but possibly not), I know a recent Windows update may have caused some havoc on my computer, and I may have deleted some files through Disc Cleanup that shouldn't have been deleted (the problems started then), but Windows have updated since, and things got a little better.

I'm considering scrapping Avira entirely and trying another program, but I'm not sure which one to choose (preferably a free one). I've got Avast on my stationary, but most of the time don't use internet on it (weird issue where the computer randomly freezes if internet is connected).

Any suggestions would be helpful
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 5:15 AM
Can't help you with your Avira, sorry. I've used ESET's Nod32 for the past five years and haven't had any issues.
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:15 PM
You better off scrapping avira av, it's kinda resource heavy, i used avast for years and have no issues so far.