Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 2:35 PM
Default Mod Conflict Detector Help
The last time i used MCD i had the older version, before the march update. I uninstalled it awhile ago, so now i have the newest version and i can't seem to figure it out. It seems pretty straight forward but i keep getting error messages and only a small bunch of mods are showing up, when i have thousands.

Here is what i did exactly - i downloaded MCD from Mod the Sims and extracted the zip file into my mods folder*. I launched MCD and i selected the scan tab and hit the directory option the screenshot below is what showed.

I cannot find a tutorial on the newer version anywhere. Can someone help me out or maybe link a tutorial on the newest version? Even a link to download the older version would be great! I also attached the error messages i'm getting.

*i have subfolders within my mods folder but the MCD files are directly in my mods folder.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 2:42 PM
You are not supposed to put the MCD files in the mods folder or even the sims 4 folder AT ALL
take it out to your desktop or any other place, that is not within the game files.

anyways, why do you need this tool for?
it is usually good at finding duplicates, if you have the same file more than once
but it doesn't help with finding real conflcts, and sometimes mark mods to be conflicts when they are not.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 3:32 PM
Okay thanks! i'm figuring out that it's not very useful for my specific problem like you said. Someone recommended i use it because the 50/50 method wasn't working. my icons in CAS are shifting and aren't in alignment. When i do 50/50 i keep getting different results for the same mods so i can't find what's causing the issue.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 5:25 PM
Try taking out anything that is UI related, since the issue is UI glitch..
that include cc careers, traits and especially the UI cheat mod, if you have any of those and they are not updated take them out and try your game..

there is a broken mods list for the latest patch at MCCC discord > mod_news room
you can check there too to see if you've got anything that got broken and need to be removed / updated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 9:06 PM
I finally found it! took me forever because it was a cas item. It ended up being a dress of all things. Thanks for your help (:
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 9:28 PM
Do you mind mentioning which dress? maybe it can help other people who might have it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 11:25 PM
yes of course! https://simlaughlove.tumblr.com/pos...osummersundress

The odd thing is i had this issue way before i downloaded this item.. weird. oh well i don't care about the logic, i'm just glad i finally found the problem. Thanks again!