Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 4:06 AM Last edited by Hammyx : 14th Oct 2017 at 10:50 PM. Reason: REUPLOADED
Default When Life Strikes
Hi, if this is the wrong section (which I doubt tho(?) sorry xD

I made a video that was meant to be for school but I wanted to share it somewhere :3
It is in SPANISH -sorryforthatD:- so if you only speak English I actually would want to know, since I'd love to make subtitles -Yay, I'm growing up:D-

The start is pretty boring, I like it because, well, I did it xD But anyways, who can judge what others like but oneself?

But there's a warning, if you have issues regarding topics such as existentialism, depression, suicide, and don't like watching or reading anything related to it. DO NOT WATCH IT.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oot5jS1cpU

REUPLOADED BECAUSE OF QUALITY :v

I suck I know; I'm still learning ^^

EDIT: ENGLISH SUBTITLES UP ^^

What's the point?
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 4:34 AM
I can't read Spanish but from a technical POV, you have good emotion control on your sims - I definitely felt like I was watching a struggling conversation. The smile of the devil(?) guy at the end of the first song how it slowly rises is straight up creepy but I think you were going for that? Not sure what the setting was supposed to be or the baseball metaphor either, probably because I didn't know what they were saying. That round the back camera angle was kind of exciting but boarding your points and vary the angles could help. Like film from the bottom looking up or the top looking down instead of straight on. Also maybe use more of the slow motion cheat, such as in the scene Jamie falls to his knees, it happened really fast but that is a dramatic moment that would look better if it were slowed.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 4:41 AM Last edited by Hammyx : 12th Oct 2017 at 4:43 AM. Reason: Spelling
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I can't read Spanish but from a technical POV, you have good emotion control on your sims - I definitely felt like I was watching a struggling conversation. The smile of the devil(?) guy at the end of the first song how it slowly rises is straight up creepy but I think you were going for that? Not sure what the setting was supposed to be or the baseball metaphor either, probably because I didn't know what they were saying. That round the back camera angle was kind of exciting but boarding your points and vary the angles could help. Like film from the bottom looking up or the top looking down instead of straight on. Also maybe use more of the slow motion cheat, such as in the scene Jamie falls to his knees, it happened really fast but that is a dramatic moment that would look better if it were slowed.

Reaaally?? That's amazing!!!! I'm so glad you felt something, I did something right!! Thanks!!! It's actually the life, not the devil, but I make the reference that the devil is life itself. Yeah, I was going for that :DDD It was baseball because at first I didn't know what to write xD Yeah, I liked the angles I did but I was in a rush so thanks for the advice ^^ I hate that cheat tho hahaha (you can notice because the subtitles were kinda fast, that's how I am) but I do agree with you in that. I was way too fast; no-one falls so fast on their knees unless they're 'falling' and not 'throwing themselves.' Thank youuu for all the advice, I'm glad you liked it :DD!! I'm so happy xD

What's the point?
Link Ninja
#4 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 6:33 AM
You are welcome! Oh and that reminded me I had another bit of advice. I noticed at some points the text was really long, like took up a quarter or more of the screen and overplayed the view of the characters. That is where the slow-mo can come in handy ( I agree over use can be exhausting, but moving at fast speeds a lot can be missed) and you could break out your paragraphs (I don't know if it can work, because I don't know what is being said) but you might look into that. Overall I liked the look of both characters, their custom content really gave them more of a unique feeling between each. If that first guy was life, I would maybe see about looking into making him seem like life because the style he looked came off as gothic/dark to me at least. It might just be me though. But good job! way more than I can do at least and you got a decent vid out of it for a beginner too - because all the plumbobs and thought bubble artifacting was removed. I personally like sims vids without those distractions.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 9:21 PM Last edited by Hammyx : 12th Oct 2017 at 9:22 PM. Reason: Aclaration
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
You are welcome! Oh and that reminded me I had another bit of advice. I noticed at some points the text was really long, like took up a quarter or more of the screen and overplayed the view of the characters. That is where the slow-mo can come in handy ( I agree over use can be exhausting, but moving at fast speeds a lot can be missed) and you could break out your paragraphs (I don't know if it can work, because I don't know what is being said) but you might look into that. Overall I liked the look of both characters, their custom content really gave them more of a unique feeling between each. If that first guy was life, I would maybe see about looking into making him seem like life because the style he looked came off as gothic/dark to me at least. It might just be me though. But good job! way more than I can do at least and you got a decent vid out of it for a beginner too - because all the plumbobs and thought bubble artifacting was removed. I personally like sims vids without those distractions.

Yep, I know they were long AND fast xD I like it like that but you're right. I need to find a balance between too fast and way too slow. If it was voice over it wouldn't matter, but since they're subtitles going too fast is a problem. Yeah, I'll look into that, too much info in the screen is annoying xD And yes, I made his style like that on purpose actually. The meaning of the video is that death is life itself; the darkness itself. At the end he tells 'life' he wants to die, so life ask him if he's sure the word he's looking for is "die," that's why when he's "killed" in the final shot, it was a reference that real death is when you can't say what you think, you can't see reality because otherwise people will think you're crazy, and everything is a chaos no-one wants to realize. Thus, life.

Thanks again :DDD

What's the point?