Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 7:09 PM Last edited by pleasantsims : 21st Dec 2018 at 2:06 AM.
Default Let's Play Pleasantview: Updated with Seasons 1-5
Hi guys!

UPDATE 12/20/2018: I've been gone for a while, but I'm back and releasing new videos again. Here's the newest episode where we introduce a new family to the Pleasantview story!

EPISODE 49 PART 1: THE RAMIREZ FAMILY OF BLUEWATER VILLAGE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just started a new Let's Play series on Youtube. I'm playing all the Pleasantview Families (including the Burbs and Oldies), following their original story lines as written by Maxis.

I have the Ultimate Collection with all stuff packs and expansions, plus a literal TON of mods and custom content. Check it out if you're interested! I will post updates here when new videos are released.

***UPDATE***
This thing has gotten HUGE (with almost 100 videos), so I've updated the links below to the playlists for each season instead of listing them individually.

PLAYLISTS (SEASONS 1-5):

SEASON 1 PLAYLIST
SEASON 2 PLAYLIST
SEASON 3 PLAYLIST
SEASON 4 PLAYLIST
SEASON 5 PLAYLIST

I'm currently working on Season 5, with new videos being published at least twice a week. I'll update here when the next season starts.

Other videos in this series:

Remodeling the Caliente Condo
Speed Build - Pleasantview Workforce Center (Welfare Office)
Speed Build - Pleasantview Cemetery
Speed Build - Pleasantview Retirement Home

If you like my videos, I've also created a companion blog - Pleasant Sims - where I'm sharing my gameplay rules, mods I use, Bios and Family Trees for all the Pleasantview Sims, and more.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:10 PM
In ep3/ Caliente you mention a mod to give more likes and dislikes. I went to your page, but it's not listed there. Would you mind pointin me in that direction so I can look at it as it sounds interesting?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:42 PM Last edited by pleasantsims : 2nd Jun 2018 at 1:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
In ep3/ Caliente you mention a mod to give more likes and dislikes. I went to your page, but it's not listed there. Would you mind pointin me in that direction so I can look at it as it sounds interesting?

Sure! Here's the link: http://modthesims.info/d/609675

It actually replaces some of the redundant ones with new ones like great dancer, influential, education, etc. I really like it!

I'm still working on my huge mod list for the blog. I hope to have it done by this weekend.

UPDATE - Finally finished linking to all my mods. New Page up on the Blog - Mods List.
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:51 PM
so what do you use to record @pleasantsims ?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
so what do you use to record @pleasantsims ?

I use Camtasia. It's not free, but it has a lot of really awesome video editing options.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 1:19 AM
Hey there! Fellow LP'r here, actually I do the same theme lol. I'm in the middle of watching your video and I'm really liking it and just curious, I never knew Maxis gave out an order guide in which order to play the households, I think that's really neat. Could you help me find where I could see more of it? Plz & thank you ^_^ (Now to go back to watching the first episode lol)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thisfatfunnylife
Hey there! Fellow LP'r here, actually I do the same theme lol. I'm in the middle of watching your video and I'm really liking it and just curious, I never knew Maxis gave out an order guide in which order to play the households, I think that's really neat. Could you help me find where I could see more of it? Plz & thank you ^_^ (Now to go back to watching the first episode lol)

Hi!

The household order was from the Official Sims 2 Prima Game Guide and you can view it for free online here: https://archive.org/details/The_Sim...ide_Prima_Games. Page 18 is where that part starts. It also has household playing order for Veronaville and Strangetown (still called Strangeville in the Guide).

Thank you for watching my videos! I will check yours out too when I get some time!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 5:29 AM
Hey pleasantsims, I watched your video. I liked it and the way you play, however when I went to check your blog, I got a message about mal-ware on my computer and one of those 'you have won Amazon' things on my i-pod. So, not cool at all. This needs to be taken care of. I do not want to download bad stuff from the link. Just letting you know so you can take care of it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 4:31 PM Last edited by pleasantsims : 3rd Jun 2018 at 4:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mom50409
Hey pleasantsims, I watched your video. I liked it and the way you play, however when I went to check your blog, I got a message about mal-ware on my computer and one of those 'you have won Amazon' things on my i-pod. So, not cool at all. This needs to be taken care of. I do not want to download bad stuff from the link. Just letting you know so you can take care of it.

Hi @Mom50409 !

Thanks for letting me know! I got the same thing this morning, but it HAS BEEN FIXED!!!

So sorry about that! I don't know how my site got hacked, but they apparently injected some spammy re-direct code into my files. It has all been cleaned and everything is safe again. I also paid for some super security so it doesn't happen again.

Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 10:30 PM
Thanks! I am loving your series and watching it!!! I am even considering getting Insiminator, but I want to see what happens with your guys first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mom50409
Thanks! I am loving your series and watching it!!! I am even considering getting Insiminator, but I want to see what happens with your guys first.

Thank you! I'm so glad you like it!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 1:29 AM
@pleasantsims thanks for the link, I appreciate it

Yeah it's kind of cool how we make the same types of series but in kind of slightly different ways. I'm still always learning/getting new advice on this game even after +10 years playing it myself and that's what makes watching others (like yourself) so enjoyable. I don't post as often as you but I'm a slow learner to all of this. I look forward to watching more of your videos and see where you take your interpretation of the Premades!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 2:16 PM
@pleasantsims thanks for the link, I appreciate it

Yeah it's kind of cool how we make the same types of series but in kind of slightly different ways. I'm still always learning/getting new advice on this game even after +10 years playing it myself and that's what makes watching others (like yourself) so enjoyable. I don't post as often as you but I'm a slow learner to all of this. I look forward to watching more of your videos and see where you take your interpretation of the Premades!

I know. I love how everyone has their own way of playing, and I always find it entertaining.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 2:32 AM
I love the series so far, please keep going! Your rules and mods put a fresh coat of paint on what I'm watching. Keep up the excellent work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Finaleia
I love the series so far, please keep going! Your rules and mods put a fresh coat of paint on what I'm watching. Keep up the excellent work.

Thank you! I'm so glad you like it!

I just uploaded episode 8 - It's a long one, but a lot happened to the Lothario family.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 2:21 AM
@pleasantsims where are you from btw? Do I hear a southern accent? :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:51 PM
@pleasantsims where are you from btw? Do I hear a southern accent? :D

You do! I'm from Arkansas, but I live in Colorado right now so my accent is a little subdued (been here for four years). We're planning to move back to Arkansas in the next 1-2 years, because we miss the south.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 2:56 PM
That's funny because I'm from Portland, Oregon and I've been in Charleston for the last couple of years and I've started to develop an accent lol! Only slightly but I catch myself all the time on little words and my boyfriend who was born and raised here has been teasing me too. We want to eventually go back to Oregon or maybe even somewhere slightly different in the NW but just back to the NW lol. But we have a few things to make sure are in order here before we can that will take a couple of years too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:39 PM
That's funny because I'm from Portland, Oregon and I've been in Charleston for the last couple of years and I've started to develop an accent lol! Only slightly but I catch myself all the time on little words and my boyfriend who was born and raised here has been teasing me too. We want to eventually go back to Oregon or maybe even somewhere slightly different in the NW but just back to the NW lol. But we have a few things to make sure are in order here before we can that will take a couple of years too.

That is funny! We're in opposite situations. It sucks being homesick. I am a southern girl and I don't like being in the midwest. Lol. Good luck to you. I hope you make it back where you want to be!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:18 PM
Just added a new episode - Nina Caliente. She's had a very exciting week!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 12:46 AM
New episode uploaded! The Pleasants are in for a surprise this week!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:26 AM
New episode uploaded - The Burbs! I had to condense 3 hours of play time into a 45-minute video, so it's packed with events. It's very Lucy-heavy this round. She aged up to a teen and went through a lot of changes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 3:37 AM
New Episodes uploaded! The Oldies Part 1 and Part 2. It was a long one, so I made it two parts for your viewing pleasure. A lot happens with both Herb Oldie and Debra this week.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:59 PM
New Episode uploaded! Sim State University Part 1 - Dustin and Dirk attend college. Dustin experiments with interests other than crime and Dirk struggles with homesickness. Find out if they make it through their first two years!

https://youtu.be/iw6xZnLyGk8

Part two featuring Angela and Lilith Pleasant coming soon!
Theorist
#25 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 7:26 PM
Just a quick note to let your know I found your let's play from this thread and I'm really enjoying it! Thanks for sharing.
Page 1 of 2