Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop

by scumbumbo Posted 15th Nov 2017 at 7:45 AM - Updated 21st Feb 2019 at 10:57 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Feb 21, 2019 game patch

305 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 202 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 13
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:00 AM
You are my hero! Thank you for this mod, it is really annoying to see the sims running to the bathroom to do this!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:41 AM
Translation to pt_BR and thanks for this awesome mod!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4_220557DA_00000000_11C6E080CA1622EC%%+STBL.zip (286 Bytes, 12 downloads)
Test Subject
#53 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:15 AM
Here's my language file for portuguese brazilian translation
Attached files:
File Type: rar  220557DA!00000000!11C6E080CA1622EC.Português .StringTable.rar (218 Bytes, 13 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:24 AM
I've always found it strange how Sims scurry on into the bathroom with a hand full of dishes.
"Where are you going with those?"
"Uh, to the bathroom, duh."
"But the kitchen sink is RIGHT next to you."
"Yeah, well, I'm going to the sink on the other side of the house."
"Okey then..."
Lol, so thanks. It was a very strange thing indeed.
Deceased
Original Poster
#55 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CubicPoison
Thank you, this is super useful! I was wondering if it was possible to also make a similar mod except for counters and preparing food instead of sinks and washing dishes. My sims always seem to go across the house from the kitchen to chop up ingredients. xD

This is a good idea. I'll try to remember to look into this once I'm done with updating at least a good handful of my outdated mods, I don't think the process involved will be substantially different so it may be a real breeze to implement (crossed fingers).
Deceased
Original Poster
#56 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Serenidy
Here's my language file for portuguese brazilian translation

Thanks, I've added the translation to the download.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:03 AM
That file name is brilliant x,D
Test Subject
#58 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:40 PM
OMG this is genius, THANK YOU! It makes me so mad when my sims go upstairs to wash a dish
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Yes, I can confirm the mod is working fine with the latest patch.

Thank You! Placing it in game ASAP, tire of Sims washing dishes in the bathroom
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:00 AM
Thank you so much for this mod! This was soooo needed! xD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:49 AM
Thank you, this got old and ridiculous a long time ago. Maybe I've been unlucky but it was at the point where every single household seemed like they were going out of their way to do dishes where it didn't make sense, regardless of distance or sink quality. Finally, the kitchen sinks are useful for something!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:54 PM
Thanks for the enabled version!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 6:50 AM
Thank you!
Scholar
#64 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 9:13 PM
scumbumbo, it seems that the 'enable dish washing' setting is inverted whenever I load a new lot with this mod and choose the setting, but when I load the same lot again, the settings work as intended. So when I first play a lot, I have to invert the settings, but the next time I load the lot, I have to change them. lol

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Deceased
Original Poster
#65 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
scumbumbo, it seems that the 'enable dish washing' setting is inverted whenever I load a new lot with this mod and choose the setting, but when I load the same lot again, the settings work as intended. So when I first play a lot, I have to invert the settings, but the next time I load the lot, I have to change them. lol

I'm not seeing this issue. I tried a couple of lots I'd never played with both the default enabled and disabled versions. Even tried a completely new game. Maybe make sure you don't accidentally have both versions of the script installed? And remember, if the menu says "Enable Dish Washing" that means it is currently disabled and you need to select that menu item to take the action of enabling it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#66 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 10:31 PM
LOL
Field Researcher
#67 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:06 AM
Polish language:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  220557DA!00000000!0FC6E080CA1622EC.Polski .StringTable.rar (207 Bytes, 5 downloads)

My tumblr: diffevair-mods.tumblr.com
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:46 AM
not sure if it is a problem with this mod but I do not have the option to wash dishes anymore including using the dishwasher, just throw away.
Deceased
Original Poster
#69 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pawlq
Polish language:
Thanks, Pawlq - I've added this to the mod package.
Deceased
Original Poster
#70 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edchuckndoug
not sure if it is a problem with this mod but I do not have the option to wash dishes anymore including using the dishwasher, just throw away.

This will happen if no sinks are accessible that are enabled. You need to choose at least one sink and use the "Enable Dishwashing" pie-menu option to enable dishwashing at that sink.
Scholar
#71 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 8:13 PM Last edited by Apsalar : 21st Nov 2017 at 9:04 PM.
I'm not seeing this issue. I tried a couple of lots I'd never played with both the default enabled and disabled versions. Even tried a completely new game. Maybe make sure you don't accidentally have both versions of the script installed? And remember, if the menu says "Enable Dish Washing" that means it is currently disabled and you need to select that menu item to take the action of enabling it.

I know, it's not rocket science I don't know what the heck is happening if it's just my game, but I'm telling you something is inverting the settings for me when I do it the first time for a lot. I could take a picture of it next time if it happens again; the sink that the sim is using to wash dishes, if I click on it it would say 'enable dish washing' while she is still using it. Funky, I know. Then the next time I load, the sim would go to the other sink which had the opposite setting, and then I have to switch them.
It's not really a big deal, since it still works, I just have to check the settings the first and second time I load the lot. I think it sticks after that. I just find it hilarious that my game does that to me, like wtf game?

Update: It seems the issues has corrected itself! I did a test save where I encountered the issue last time, and I deleted that save. I thought maybe it had something to do with the prebuilt lots, but this time when I made a new save and moved in a new sim into a prebuilt lot, the settings are as they should be. Funky! None of the lots I tested in my play save had the issue either this time. It's confusing, but hey, maybe it just was a temporary glitch. We just love those, eh.

Simblr
Deceased
Original Poster
#72 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Update: It seems the issues has corrected itself!

Glad the issue resolved for you! I couldn't reproduce the problem any way I tried to, so there wasn't much chance of me figuring out how to fix it. Those kind of intermittent bugs sometimes make me hate it when one of my mods works perfectly for me, lol
Scholar
#73 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 9:57 PM
Glad the issue resolved for you! I couldn't reproduce the problem any way I tried to, so there wasn't much chance of me figuring out how to fix it. Those kind of intermittent bugs sometimes make me hate it when one of my mods works perfectly for me, lol

Oh man, yeah I can imagine that must be infuriating. (also I can has good grammar? It's have not has, me! *facepalm*)

Simblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:11 PM
This is one of those mods that you don't think you need until you see it, and the first thing that pops into your head is... "I need this."
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 7:54 AM
So since this works and I noticed someone asked about counters for preparing food, I was wondering if something could be made for the different stereo's. If I recall, there were a number of complaints saying that November's update caused an influx of dancing fever. Being able to disable the dance option on stereo's would be handy to address this issue (mainly on public lots) and would allow the wall stereo's to be used without worry on retail and diner lots. Would also allow for a bit more manipulation where you want certain sections of a public lot to simply have music while sims dance at a designated location where you have another stereo located.
Page 3 of 13