Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop

by scumbumbo Posted 15th Nov 2017 at 7:45 AM - Updated 21st Feb 2019 at 10:57 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Feb 21, 2019 game patch

305 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 202 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 13
Test Subject
#76 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 2:37 PM
The name of this mod has me rofling!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 12:17 AM
This is an excellent mod and it's certainly not one I could play without. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 10:24 PM
This mod is fabulous. I was getting really annoyed with my sim constantly going into the bathroom to do the dishes. Now, it's not a problem.. Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 9:55 AM
Thank for making this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:04 AM
Bless You. Bless Your Family. Bless Your Cow.
Deceased
Original Poster
#81 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 6:31 AM
So for those wondering, I have played a bit (quite a bit, probably 15-20 hours in the past few weeks) with extending this idea to cabinets and food preparation. No real luck, I'm not sure it's possible without rewriting the entire food prep process which would be buggy and incompatible with nearly any future patches. I did come up with some fascinating variants on the food prep process, though. I think my favorites involved the Sim picking up from the fridge, carrying it to a (wrong) cabinet, carrying it to the next cabinet, the next cabinet, on down the line until it reached the cabinet I'd set where they'd finally fix the food. Another epic fail resulted in Sims taking the food directly to the stove, skipping the cabinet prep stages entirely, cooking the food, picking it up, putting it back on the stove, cooking the food, picking it up, putting it back... etc.

The closest I got was them picking the food out of the fridge, putting it down on a random cabinet, then immediately moving it to the set prep cabinet. It was excitingly close, but not very useful as the first cabinet they choose for putting the items down could be anywhere in the house as before.

I had the brilliant idea of copying the method used for the stove to prevent Sims from cooking on a stove surface when that stove is broken, but it turns out their code for that is broken for the exact same reasons they've just bypassed that code entirely.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 3:40 AM
I don't know how feasible this is, but like banning certain sinks, is there a way you can ban sims from eating and doing homework on their beds. Or creating an option that only certain chairs or tables are allowed to sit sims to eat/ do homework.

I go ahead and create a beautiful shared children's activity/learning room and they ignore it and all do their homework on the toddler beds.

Where do I find anything and everything
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#83 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 9:18 PM
Heck yes to having this mod! thank you!
Deceased
Original Poster
#84 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Oddysee
I don't know how feasible this is, but like banning certain sinks, is there a way you can ban sims from eating and doing homework on their beds. Or creating an option that only certain chairs or tables are allowed to sit sims to eat/ do homework.

I go ahead and create a beautiful shared children's activity/learning room and they ignore it and all do their homework on the toddler beds.

To the best of my knowledge the only way that could be accomplished is by removing the ability for Sims to sit on beds at all so that the sitting posture is not supported by the beds. I'm not sure how that is done, that's got more to do with object modeling I think, something to do with "slots" in the object model (don't laugh if I'm using the wrong term).
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
To the best of my knowledge the only way that could be accomplished is by removing the ability for Sims to sit on beds at all so that the sitting posture is not supported by the beds. I'm not sure how that is done, that's got more to do with object modeling I think, something to do with "slots" in the object model (don't laugh if I'm using the wrong term).

Sigh. I didn't think it would be that easy. Thank you so much for all the work you are doing. I doubt I could play anymore without these mods.

Where do I find anything and everything
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#86 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:42 PM
Thank you so much for this, my sims consistently walk past the kitchen sink across the house to the bathroom with their dishes...
Deceased
Original Poster
#87 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:16 PM
Had a brain wave today on a somewhat different approach to the counter issue and to my immense pleasure it worked like a charm. Don't Prep Food Where You Angry Poop is now available to allow enabling/disabling food preparation at individual counters!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#88 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 1:31 AM
Thank You
Test Subject
#89 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 4:33 AM
I can't wash dishes now. The mod works but for some reason I can only throw away all dishes. There isn't an option to clean up anymore. Is anyone else having this problem?
Test Subject
#90 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keke_43
I can't wash dishes now. The mod works but for some reason I can only throw away all dishes. There isn't an option to clean up anymore. Is anyone else having this problem?

I've unfortunately always had this problem. I use the default enabled mod so I can choose sinks I want off, disable every sink except for the kitchen sink and now they can't wash dishes, just throw them away. It's as if the kitchen sink doesn't exist! I've changed out the sink in the kitchen multiple times but it just doesn't work; they just want to wash them in the stand alone sinks, not the ones set on counters.
Deceased
Original Poster
#91 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sierramist66
I've unfortunately always had this problem. I use the default enabled mod so I can choose sinks I want off, disable every sink except for the kitchen sink and now they can't wash dishes, just throw them away. It's as if the kitchen sink doesn't exist! I've changed out the sink in the kitchen multiple times but it just doesn't work; they just want to wash them in the stand alone sinks, not the ones set on counters.

Can someone having this issue please reply - let me know what sink and counter combination you are having issues with, and if either is a CC download please let me know where you obtained it. I've tested this with most sinks and counters and haven't seen any issues, so will need help tracking down if there's a problem that can be addressed.
Test Subject
#92 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 3:37 AM Last edited by Sierramist66 : 28th Jan 2018 at 5:35 AM.
Can someone having this issue please reply - let me know what sink and counter combination you are having issues with, and if either is a CC download please let me know where you obtained it. I've tested this with most sinks and counters and haven't seen any issues, so will need help tracking down if there's a problem that can be addressed.

Ohhh, I didn't even think it could've been the counter! I feel a bit silly for not testing that now.
I first noticed it while using a CC counter and sink by peacemaker. But it's also not working with a base game counter and sink, I think that might be due to the mod by plasticbox to remove the backsplash on base game counters (I just remembered I had it in.) I'll remove that, test, and report back.

Edit: Solved the problem. Or at least my problem with basegame counters. Turns out, I'm a bit of a dummy. And this mod and the no backsplash mod seem to conflict. It's a bit of shame, I liked the no backsplash mod, but this mod is way more important.
Still having intermittent trouble with peacemaker counters and sinks. It seems to work the first time, but after that I only have throw away. (I haven't experimented with the madhox and plasticbox counters I have, either, just for an fyi.)
Deceased
Original Poster
#93 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sierramist66
this mod and the no backsplash mod seem to conflict. Still having intermittent trouble with peacemaker counters and sinks. It seems to work the first time, but after that I only have throw away. (I haven't experimented with the madhox and plasticbox counters I have, either, just for an fyi.)

I'll look into the ones you've metioned when I get the chance and see if I can figure out what might be the matter. Thanks!
Test Subject
#94 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 3:20 AM
I'll look into the ones you've metioned when I get the chance and see if I can figure out what might be the matter. Thanks!

Thank you.
It also turns out that I'm just really terrible at troubleshooting. I forgot I had hanging lights over the sink, and definitely didn't think that they were causing a problem since they don't hang low enough that I'd think they'd cause a problem. I should really know better by now.....
Test Subject
#95 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:59 PM
Is the mod still working for the Feb. update?
Deceased
Original Poster
#96 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRiz
Is the mod still working for the Feb. update?

Yes, it's fine
Instructor
#97 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:30 PM
Hello @scumbumbo with this mod and/or your counter mod I cannot load the dishwasher etc. I tried some troubleshooting and did 50/50 and these seem to be the culprits. So far I tested the combination of the BroHill Wood Counter Solution and Industrial Dishwasher, though I have briefly tried other dishwashers. I will do further testing thank you.

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Deceased
Original Poster
#98 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
Hello @scumbumbo with this mod and/or your counter mod I cannot load the dishwasher etc. I tried some troubleshooting and did 50/50 and these seem to be the culprits. So far I tested the combination of the BroHill Wood Counter Solution and Industrial Dishwasher, though I have briefly tried other dishwashers. I will do further testing thank you.

The only dishwasher I have in my game, the professional, works fine. Are these other dishwashers custom content, or from a game pack I don't have? I found the Brohill counters but those require the parenthood pack which I don't have (or intend to get).

I'd suggest trying the professional dishwasher from the game on those counters and see if that works for you. That will narrow down whether the issue is with the counters or the dishwasher itself (likely the latter). If the dishwasher is what is causing the issue and it's a CC item then let me know where I can get a copy of it for testing.

Thanks for the bug report!
Instructor
#99 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 2:58 AM
Sorry @scumbumbo I had a brain fart! My issue wasn't due to your mods at all (I don't think- I'll do further testing). It turns out I have some weird combination of route failures due to using the Maxis large round tables, (Option to load the dishwashers is greyed out when sitting at these tables!) and having 1. A shelf too low above the counter/dishwasher, 2. A cabinet too low above the dishwasher (Modern Wooden Under-Mount Cabinet to be exact). I will do further testing but that's all I got for now... Sorry again!

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Deceased
Original Poster
#100 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
Sorry scumbumbo I had a brain fart! My issue wasn't due to your mods at all (I don't think- I'll do further testing). It turns out I have some weird combination of route failures due to using the Maxis large round tables, (Option to load the dishwashers is greyed out when sitting at these tables!) and having 1. A shelf too low above the counter/dishwasher, 2. A cabinet too low above the dishwasher (Modern Wooden Under-Mount Cabinet to be exact). I will do further testing but that's all I got for now... Sorry again!

Thanks for the update, good to know it's not an issue with the mod!
Page 4 of 13