Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 10:20 PM
Default No Jealousy? Does it work now?
I haven't played Sims 3 in a while, but I'm thinking of leaping back in. Can anyone tell me if No jealousy actually works now... Or is there still a problem with romantic reputation.

I found it frustrating that before, when I would have my character accused of cheating and my relationship end, even when the characters are not married.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 1:07 AM
I don't recall EA updating the "Accuse with Cheating" interaction to handle "No Jealousy" so that is probably still the case for EA Standard.

The rules for that interaction have been changed in [Woohooer] for a while now though, if you wish to pursue a modding solution.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 2:48 AM
As far as I know, the reputation system is there to stay no matter what. No mod or cheat seems to get it to shut up--virtually all of my notifications come from it, and it's irritating as crap.

smash that disagree button fam, red's my favorite color
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 4:14 AM
No Jealousy is strictly something you take if you get annoyed with all the little relationship hits taken if lovers witness a sim flirting with someone else. The reputation system has so far ignored it completely, to the point that flirting with one romantic interest in front of another may not get a rise out of them, but you'll still get warnings that 'sims are catching on'. I also find that the decay on visibility has never worked (for me) except when the base game alone was installed.

If you don't run mods, you can try getting Above Reproach to reduce the chance of accusation, but the only reliable way to avoid accusations is to make sure there are no romantic interests still hanging around from earlier in your sim's life. Otherwise, your only hope is that someone nearby goes into labor or dies while the accuser is walking to them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 8:39 PM
Thanks. I was majorly disappointed when Romantic rep was introduced and broke no jealousy. I don't see why my character's relationship is anyone's business but theirs. My characters were happily dating eachother, then all of the sudden it was slapping and breakups, and horrible reps. Kind of ruined the game for me. =-)
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shenti
As far as I know, the reputation system is there to stay no matter what. No mod or cheat seems to get it to shut up--virtually all of my notifications come from it, and it's irritating as crap.

I think I'm using a mod from Shimrod that is working. I'm not at home so I can't verify that at the moment.
#7 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 10:02 PM
I have to confess the Romantic Rep system gets on my tits like a cheap bra.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
I think I'm using a mod from Shimrod that is working. I'm not at home so I can't verify that at the moment.

I just think the rep thing is very old-fashioned. A person can date more than one person and not be a cheat. =-)

I'd love to know what the shimrod mod is.
Scholar
#9 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 2:14 AM
I'm using Shimrod's mod too. It seems to work pretty well as far as the notifications go. He has two mods that address all this romantic nonsense, here and here. You have to register with the site but it's worth it. There are a couple other modders at the same site who have some great stuff.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
I'm using Shimrod's mod too. It seems to work pretty well as far as the notifications go. He has two mods that address all this romantic nonsense, here and here. You have to register with the site but it's worth it. There are a couple other modders at the same site who have some great stuff.

I know it's been a while but I've only now found this thread. Shimrod's mods don't stop Accuse of Cheating or Be Rejected socials, and they still can't be cancelled. Is there any other mods you guys know of that can modify this jealousy behaviour of the game?
Scholar
#11 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 6:50 PM
NRaas Woohooer.
Instructor
#12 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by max4love
I know it's been a while but I've only now found this thread. Shimrod's mods don't stop Accuse of Cheating or Be Rejected socials, and they still can't be cancelled. Is there any other mods you guys know of that can modify this jealousy behaviour of the game?

I have a polygamous household and so far what worked for me was giving every sim in the household the no jealousy and stone hearted trait, and after a while I give them clean slate reward just in case. Seems to work sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't, then if i get the automatic "accuse of cheating" i just cancel the action by reseting the sim, and if it's too late, just use testingcheats to raise the relationship bar again and cancel bad moodlets.
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:14 AM
I'm seriously late on this but shimrods mod is working for me.I just gave no jealousy and stone hearted to my 3 sims right when one was getting upset.two are at romantic interest and the other I entered to the household a while later. After giving that sim both rewards I made one of the couples romantically interact with the new sim while the other was next to them. Then again with the other sim. Now all 3 are romantically interested in eachother
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 5:46 PM Last edited by max4love : 16th Nov 2014 at 2:30 PM.
Ah, but I don't have the expansion packs to give those rewards to my Sims. I've only been using Shimrod's mods, and they don't work for me alone. So, I removed them.
In any case, changing the settings in Woohooer and Retuner fixed everything. I no longer have any problems.