Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-West Weasels- A Cozy and Quaint Full Neighborhood

by Phaenoh Posted 2nd Mar 2010 at 7:42 PM - Updated 23rd Nov 2011 at 5:10 AM by Phaenoh

177 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 140 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 12:40 AM
Thank you so much for posting this. I've been playing it for awhile as the main hood of my uberhood. Basically, I love Maxis sims but hate the houses/neighborhoods, so I downloaded Tarlia's cleaned up shopping districts, attached them all, took the sims (and graves) and then deleted them all.. I did the same with Mootilda's Brainania Uni and Maxis Unis. I'm using StephSims small kingdom as my shopping district for the Veronaville sims (great excuse to use all those pretty medieval clothes even though I don't have the patience for a full medieval hood ha). And Belladonna Cove as my downtown (the one Maxis neighborhood I enjoy). I love this neighborhood, it's beautiful AND functional and I plan to play this with the Maxis sims for a long time!
Field Researcher
#152 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 6:14 PM
Really gorgeous. I'm using this as the main 'hood of the prosperity challenge in my sig. Question though--what is the intention of the awning indoors in the dining room of Spanish Abode? Is it supposed to be a curtain?

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#153 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 7:17 PM
I'm glad you like my hood! I went and checked the pictures I have and I don't see the awning, nor do I remember adding it. Maybe it slipped in on accident? Feel free to remove it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#154 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 5:18 AM
Thank you so much for this such a beautiful neighborhood, I've just played the sims 2 so this is too amazing for me <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#155 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 9:57 AM
Gosh ^^ this hood is sooo beautiful! I've fallen in love with each and every lot!!! Thank you so much ♥_♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:18 PM
Thank you so much for this project. I love starting a new hood and having it all ready for me to just play. Love your little backstory for it as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#157 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 6:48 PM
I love your fantasy, all your starter Sims and this strange, yet cozy neighbourhood! )) Thanks a lot!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#158 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 8:29 PM
Awesome. Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#159 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:10 PM
What a lovely little town. I recently started playing Sims 2 again and can't wait to try it out. Thanks for taking the time to create it!
Test Subject
#160 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 1:56 PM
Can you help me? I don't know where I should place the "N327_lot" packages ???
retired moderator
Original Poster
#161 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 5:26 PM
Don't move any of my folders around, just place the entire thing (folder N327) into your Neighborhoods folder as is.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#162 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 12:47 AM
Downloaded this today. Wow, so beautiful and downright USABLE!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#163 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 7:54 PM
Love this! Thank you! Is it possible this can also be converted into a subhood?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#164 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 9:55 PM
Yes, quite easily. I use it myself as a sub for Desdirata. I believe Mootilda wrote a tutorial on how to make custom subhoods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 11:55 AM
I downloaded this right after you uploaded it. I clicked the Thank You button but wanted to save my comments until I'd played the neighborhood for a while. Then of course life got in the way, creations were needed and so on. So I apologize for taking so dreadfully long to comment on this neighborhood. I love it! I play it often. My sims there are personal favorites. I also downloaded the custom supernaturals for that neighborhood and they have added to the flow of the drama! Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#166 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 9:00 PM
This looks lovely but I have to wait to see it in game as I dont have M&G. I have just ordered a copy :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 6:05 PM
Love, Love, Love your creations! Thank You!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#168 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 1:05 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#169 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 5:59 PM
Still, by far, my favorite neighborhood, custom or standard. I lost a well-played legacy set in West Weasels to hard-drive suicide. This put me off Sims for a couple of years, but the urge is back, and it's time for new folks to move in. Thanks, again, for such a lovely place to raise my Sims.
Test Subject
#170 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 9:06 AM
At your suggestion, I'm downloading West Weasels AND your SciFi Starter Families. The question is... at the end of the day, what families should be in what houses? You designed the neighborhood for this purpose, and yeah... plantsim is obvious... but can you elaborate on where you envisioned the rest?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#171 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scrapsmcgee
At your suggestion, I'm downloading West Weasels AND your SciFi Starter Families. The question is... at the end of the day, what families should be in what houses? You designed the neighborhood for this purpose, and yeah... plantsim is obvious... but can you elaborate on where you envisioned the rest?

I didn't specifically make each house for these particular families, just supers in general and an overall silly storybook feel, but in my game: Bigfoot is in the Hermit's Hut, Wolfgang is in the Spanish Abode, The Grey's are in the Cozy Casa Blanca, I have a mannequin doll family living in the Princess Victoria, my Vampire is in Edward Manor, my plantsim started off in the Garden Villa before she married Elliott who started out in Easy Breezeway and then they moved their quickly growing family into Family Values.

All the houses were designed to be super cute rather than for a specific family, so if something feels right for a sim, go for it. The vibe of the neighborhood is just supposed to be weird and quirky, so your super families will fit in any house that is sized right for their family and needs. Don't worry about who is supposed to go where.
Test Subject
#172 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I didn't specifically make each house for these particular families, just supers in general and an overall silly storybook feel, but in my game...

I really appreciate the answer, and I'll keep what you said in mind when I play the hood. Thanks! :D
Alchemist
#173 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 2:26 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 29th Jun 2020 at 5:15 AM.
Yes, quite easily. I use it myself as a sub for Desdirata. I believe Mootilda wrote a tutorial on how to make custom subhoods.

Hi, Phaenoh! You say here that this hood can be turned into a subhood, but when I look at it right out of the box, it already has the weather stealthhood attached, so, afaik, that would prevent it from being converted using Moo's tute. Suggestions? Or, I guess I can move it all over to a new hood to convert it? I see there are also broken memories in it and such. Do you mind if I try to clean those up and convert it?

Addendum: I did clean and convert it using Moo's advice on deleting all characters for my own use. Would you like the clean and subhood versions? Or do you mind if I share them? All credit to you, of course!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#174 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Hi, Phaenoh! You say here that this hood can be turned into a subhood, but when I look at it right out of the box, it already has the weather stealthhood attached, so, afaik, that would prevent it from being converted using Moo's tute. Suggestions? Or, I guess I can move it all over to a new hood to convert it? I see there are also broken memories in it and such. Do you mind if I try to clean those up and convert it?

Addendum: I did clean and convert it using Moo's advice on deleting all characters for my own use. Would you like the clean and subhood versions? Or do you mind if I share them? All credit to you, of course!

Sunrader, thank you for cleaning and converting them! I don't like the idea of the subhood versions being separate uploads, but if you send them my way, I'll add them here and include in the post that you did all the heavy lifting on fixing them up.
Alchemist
#175 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 7:46 PM
Sunrader, thank you for cleaning and converting them! I don't like the idea of the subhood versions being separate uploads, but if you send them my way, I'll add them here and include in the post that you did all the heavy lifting on fixing them up.

Sure, that's best! I'll send you links to them in PM.
Page 7 of 8