Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 7:33 PM
Default Stupid Villagers and such
No matter where I put the forge and anvil one or the other villager/NPC will block my way or view to the anvil when I am working the forge.

Is there a mod other than locking the door that will keep them out of the way while working the forge.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:53 AM
You could lock them all out of the room if you're using Grim's Medieval Core (wink), or you can set the room for Privacy, which will force all sims out of the room, but just don't forget to reset it back, or your blacksmith may never sell again! LOL
You can try putting your forge and anvil where I put mine, because NEVER do I experience a sim in my blacksmith's path, or way when he forges.
As you look inside your blacksmith's house, which is the front wall, center your view between the end of the house wall on your left, and the front door on your right. Put the anvil directly in front of you, as if there is a real window, so the anvil will be exactly below your eye sockets. LOL Now put the forge against the wall on your left, so when your blacksmith is forging, his profile will be what you see. He will be facing the wall on your left. In case the area is dark, as is the case in most areas of the game, you can put wall lamps around the forge on the wall and have a great view of all he does while at work. I put my blacksmith Qyall Quartz there so I could see very well all he does, as I needed to time my responses to get him to hammer, and heat metal some time ago. I like being up close as can be to my sims, and this location does that. When he hammers, he'll hammer right in front of you and so clicking the anvil is the easiest thing to do since you can't miss the target! LOL

Let me be more precise. When I say put the anvil in front of you, I mean RIGHT in front of you, so that it will be touching the floor base, so when your blacksmith goes to hammer his metal, he will be facing you directly, nose to nose. he will be taking a slight left turn from the forge to hammer on his anvil, and perhaps just maybe, he might smile and wink at you while he's slamming away....

Have fun, Dear,

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 10:58 AM Last edited by Eggyslav : 2nd Jul 2017 at 11:12 AM.
I have a different method: Just put the forge in the nook it used to be when you choose the furnished version, next put the anvil right in front of the forge, just like Xeny said, and then, put a fence, surrounding the work area, leaving just a small gap in it, so the blacksmith can enter. Here's a picture:

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eggyslav
I have a different method: Just put the forge in the nook it used to be when you choose the furnished version, next put the anvil right in front of the forge, just like Xeny said, and then, put a fence, surrounding the work area, leaving just a small gap in it, so the blacksmith can enter. Here's a picture:

I used to put a fence around the cask in the throne room, as the builder is an alchy even without the drunkard trait, in every single game. But what a hassle it is to need to move that fence whenever Xylan or beloved other sim wanted a drink. I used fences to surround plates of food to try and stop NPC's from stealing food from my sims, and this is when I found out that NPC's can walk through fences as if they are a ghost, so if they want what is held within the gates and fence, they will go for it. Sims cannot be contained by a fence, Eggy, sorry to say. I could not trap my Lagger Beer, Peteran Priest in the Traders Lot with a fence either. If a sim wants to hassle the blacksmith, a fence will not stop them.

However, it just came to mind about a mod Chickieteeta made which prevents the blacksmith's helper from invading the blacksmith's forge, and being constantly in their way, and chatting excessively, if and when the Watcher (player) plays the quest in which the helper is introduced into the game. I believe the quest is called The Blacksmith's Helper. The mod is here on the site, however I am uncertain that it will work with the regular NPC's as it is not designed for that purpose, just to tame the Helper...its the only way to keep that "helper" alive, at least in my game. I just don't ever play that quest, since rarely has anything in the game made me madder than that D*** blacksmith's helper!

TTFN, Toots!

Quote:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 4:15 PM Last edited by marka93 : 2nd Jul 2017 at 7:20 PM.
@Xeny thanks, I never even thought about putting the anvil up next to the front wall. :lovestruc

As for Grimms mod sometimes it works sometimes it dose not work. I could say this about all mods, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Most of the options works all the time for Grimms mod its the privacy part that seems to not work very well, some of the villagers seem to be invited by my sim when I ask them to leave they say "thanks for having me over, got to go now" or something to that effect.

ADD: There still blocking the anvil but no longer blocking my sight to it. See pic.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 10:55 PM Last edited by Xeny : 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:33 AM. Reason: adding pics
Quote: Originally posted by marka93

ADD: There still blocking the anvil but no longer blocking my sight to it. See pic.

No Dear, lol, not that way! Turn the anvil to face you so that the dunking bucket your smith uses after hammering is at his right hand, and on your left. Turn the anvil one notch, so you are on the opposite side of your blacksmith. In the pic you have the anvil too far away from you and the window. Put it under your own nose to touch the wall (window) that you are looking through. Pull the anvil all the way towards you, and turn it just once so you can see your blacksmith FACE to FACE, except the anvil will be between you and him with no space to spare. When you do this, there is NO ROOM for any other sim to get in the way.

I would show you a pic myself, except that I just started a new kingdom, and Xylan is not yet completed with First Steps. I do not think I have any pics of Qyall at his anvil , OH wait, maybe I have some of the interior of his home, so lemme check my kazillion screenshots and see what I can find. You can then see what I am trying to tell you about location of the items.

BBS
Okay, back. 1st pic is of Doc Blade Bungle proposing at Qyall's house. Can you see the anvil below in the pic?

This pic is of my king Xylan Darksword at Qyall's after having forged a Wyrmslayer sword. Xylan has blacksmithing abilities, so he forges many of the swords before Qyall can even enter the kingdom. LOL This pic below is a better view of the locations of the anvil and forge in the blacksmith's house. You can see Qyall in one of the small windows on bottom left:

Xeny

Quote:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:35 AM
That is a very nice look shop you have there and my anvil is great as it is for they no longer come between the forge and the anvil.

WOW you blacksmith is very rich.

When my blacksmith gets some more money I will change things up and make it look better.

Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
That is a very nice look shop you have there

WOW you blacksmith is very rich.

When my blacksmith gets some more money I will change things up and make it look better.

Thank you, I do love a cool shade of blue for the walls. Its about the only color my eyes can tolerate in the game's terrible default colors and the darkness in some areas of the game.

Those simoles you are viewing in the picture, are Xylan's, not Qyall Quartz who is my blacksmith. Xylan my king is the rich one, you see. I was on a quest with my king when we stopped by the blacksmith's to forge a sword, and at this time obviously, I took control of my physician, and also my blacksmith, Qyall. It is way more fun controlling more than one or two hero sims at a time, or within a quest, but I usually include hero sims in other hero sims' quests because we may need their help to accomplish a self-set task, or event I want to take place, or because one of my sims may be in a bad way concerning their buffs. Usually I can tell by their behavior, for you see I am quite close to my hero sims, as if they were real humans, and my friends. I KNOW them, LOL. I get to feeling sorry that they are in such "pain", that I am helpless to not feel bad for them, and since I know I can alleviate their hurting feelings, I take control of them for as long as is needed, then release them before the quest is complete, so if next quest includes them who I had taken control of will then have a high buff level in the new quest, and I will not have to use valuable time in the new quest to raise their buff level so they can complete their respos and tasks.
If you decide you want to do such with your hero sims also, keep this in mind...if you take control of hero sims not meant to be included in a quest you are presently playing along with the hero whos quest it is, you will need to have them complete their responsibilities along with the hero who was selected for the quest. If you do not complete their respos, they will be tagged by the game as having shirked their responsibilities, and given a negative buff, which hurts them. Even if you release the hero sim you took control of before respos started, you still must have them complete them, so go and re-take control of that sim, and complete their respos, everytime a respo is given in that particular quest you must complete. When the quest ends and a new quest begins with whomever other sim, only then will you be released from completing the respos of the sims you took control of in the first place. Okay?

I would like to see your future decorated blacksmith's home when you get to doing it. Will you post us a pic or two?

Thanks. Xeny

PS: You can give your sims 50,000 simoles immediately at any time in the game you wish, if you have testingcheatsenabled set, and call the command prompt with CTRL+SHIFT+C and in the command prompt window type Motherlode and then press the Enter key on your keyboard. Only the sim you are controlling will get the 50,000 simoles. You can do this repeatedly, or how ever many times you wish. For the amount of only $1000 type in the command prompt kaching, then press the Enter key.

Its up to you how rich you want your sims to be...TC

Quote:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 3:35 AM Last edited by marka93 : 3rd Jul 2017 at 8:13 PM.
Yes I know about motherload but I try my best not to cheat.

This kingdom it now done and I may revisit it in the future.

My king just now hit 20k and I may go back in a redo his place but not for a while.

My plan for the free play game is to have a male king, get him married with 6 kids. Then have all the other hero's as female and let them use the "wish for a child" at the well and chose the king and see how that goes.
15 kids my monarch with have by the end.

Has anyone ever figured out if more space to the building can be added, like another room or such to put kids beds in?

ADD:
I am posting some pic's in this thread for any who want to see them. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post5236144
ADD Again: More Pic's have been added.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 1:46 AM
You can try building a mini building in any open area with some of the structural items in furnish mode. You can at least build a 4 walled square, but a roof might be nigh impossible. Nothing is included to make roofs that I ever saw. You can have as many kids as you want and have them all living in a home of any sim if you use a trick I discovered some time ago with Grims Core. You have to get the kings wife, or whomever you choose to have triplets, an option in Grims Core menu, although you will only ever see the children in your heroes inventory of family members, and friends. The triplets never appear in the game as people, but after you have filled the default limit of allowed children to live in the parents' house, and the game gives the message that you must choose a child to leave the residence to make room for the new child, select one of the triplets that will be included as a choice to send away, and since none of these triplet babies truly exist as a functioning sim, the game accepts them as having vacated the home building, so the next "real" child sim can stay in the Throne Room or whatever other sim home they were born into. Do this every time a new baby is born, but you only need to do the Triplets Baby basket once, as you can continue to select the same child from the triplets over and over. Each time, the new born child will be allowed to stay.
One of the first games I ever played, Xylan had about 50 kids all over the kingdom, so many I lost count of them, and we had so many Xylan the 10th and so on...I couldn't think of any more names for them! LOL Have a blast!

Quote:
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 8:02 PM
Default Another work around.
I don't know if anyone has found this, but you can build the forge and anvil outside, opposite the Smith's merchant shop. I did this after I got an apprentice, and she was always hogging the forge, or complaining when the smith was working.