Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 11:57 AM
Default How To Recolour Bath Water?
I want to create a recolour of a bathtub with black water. I'm not sure how to do this and I only want to change the water for that recolour, not the bathtub entirely it's self. Please help!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:03 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Bathwater is not recolorable by itself, so you cannot make it recolorable with the tub. As far as I know, the bathwater textures is used for all tubs.

Explain how someone managed to create a bath with red water? He use a base game bath but it wasn't a design, it was a new bath.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:52 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It's a new bathtub, which means they cloned it and pulled all the textures into the clone. Including the water texture.

So how would I do this?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 5:32 PM
After you've cloned your Object, go to texture image in the resource tree and select the image the water uses. That is the image to extract and edit to make the color you want.

Check Out my blog Sassy For Sims 2 and score some downloads
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaundak21
After you've cloned your Object, go to texture image in the resource tree and select the image the water uses. That is the image to extract and edit to make the color you want.

So to clone the object, instead of choosing "Recolour", I choose "Clone" and then open that package?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 2:32 AM
Yes, a completely custom tub with an edited texture. You can look over the tutorials on site for more details on cloning and working with textures.You may also want to ask the creator who made the "red water tub" for insight being that you want to do the same thing. Sorry for the slow reply

Check Out my blog Sassy For Sims 2 and score some downloads