Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 5:46 AM
Default how to add a bump map to an object that doesn't have one?
I wasn't sure whether this went into "meshing" or "recoloring," but since I want to do this as a recolorer of an existing object, and not as a mesher of a new one, I thought I'd find it again better if I put it here.

I have an object with no bump map that I think would look better if it had one. I think I have made an image that would do the trick, but I don't know what steps I have to take to get it into the package and recognize as a bump map. I've looked for a tutorial, but the only one I found was for skintone files and it says "get a skin file that has a bump map in it, and . . ." and that doesn't seem applicable to the situation.

Is there a tutorial that covers adding a new bumpmap to an exisiting object, or can someone tell me the steps?

Thank you.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 8:56 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=316260
Part 5

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 6:54 PM
Thank you! I knew I had seen it somewhere, and I was so dissapointed when I couldn't find it again. I should have known to search for your name!