Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 7:09 AM
Default Bad texture mapping on light fixture?
Hello there, I wanted to retexture the Lamp on a Half Shell ceiling light. I have retextured many things in Wizards of SimPE before, and a few in SimPE itself. Anyway, I changed the texture of the lampshade successfully - I got rid of the flowers and gave it an alabaster glass look. I also tried to change the color of the fixture itself - all three Maxis versions have aqua-colored metal. I made one in silver and one in gold. But when I go to the game, the aqua is still there and no silver and gold. There is NO aqua in the texture I imported. I have photos to show what I mean. Any thought or ideas? I really like the shape of the light fixture, but I do not want aqua metal...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!
Screenshots
Attached Images

goderguy
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 8:12 PM
Please don't create questions in creator feedback forum, your most likely not going to get any help and it is the wrong area of the forum.

The mapping isn't the issue, the non-recolorability of the fixture portion of the mesh is. Because the fixture is not recolorable, when you create your shade recolor the fixture portion of the mesh still points to the default texture.