Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC object recolours not showing/showing as original colour (SimPe/recolouring help?)
Oke so here's the deelio
I've spent the night trying to recolour this for funzies as I wanted to make in game versions of some of the drinks I tried in Japan. I cloned it to keep it seperate from the english language versions, and from that made 5 different textures.
Now I'm very new to SimPE and making my own recolours. I figured this'd be a quite good project to start with and test it all out. But I had this issue, where the recolours just show as the original one when I go to recolour the object, as seen here:

so, I went back to SimPE and as far as I know everything checks out there:

and even the Clean Installer preveiws them with different textures:

so I can't say I know where I've gone wrong

Things I've checked/tried:
double checked file paths are fine, even for ultimate collection (I've replaced the expansions folder before, too)
checked CEP. Its ticked in the file table and all seems to be fine on that front, it's finding two files and two folders.
so much googling.

other than that I'm not really sure what to do, maybe its to do with the CEP having some kind of problem I can't find in the extensive amounts of googling I've done, or maybe I'm just a nonce. either way, thanks for checking in.
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:25 AM
Did you give your clone a new GUID? If you left it the same as the original, and you have the original in game, then they will override each other and that may be why you still see the original textures. If you have the original in-game, remove it to test this.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:48 AM
Why did you need to clone it? If it uses the same mesh and has the same function, it's less work to just make recolors instead of adding an unneccessary item (it takes up space in the catalog, and and the mesh is usually bigger in size than a recolor is).

If you absolutely want to make them separate, you need a GUID. If you get the fixes by Quaxi, you should be able to register GUIDs in SimPE.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment