Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAST yourself a chimney!

by armiel Posted 31st Jan 2011 at 5:37 PM - Updated 29th Oct 2011 at 2:39 PM by armiel

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Instructor
#51 Old 5th May 2011 at 8:56 PM
Until I saw this, I never knew that you could just drag a pattern...I always saved the exact pattern under its category in the CASt and then clicked the same one while CASting another object... laughing at myself now
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 2:13 AM Last edited by tizzyliz0227 : 30th Jun 2011 at 2:23 AM.
Default Your Fireplaces dont show up???
Hello. I am trying to use your awesome new castable fireplaces!!!! I have extracted all the files in your .rar to my package folder, but they do not show up in the bin when I am playing the game and try to use them. I tried clearing all the caches with the Sims 3 Dashboard tool, but I still do not get them to show up in the bin. Do you have any ideas why? I have no trouble running the games. I have Sims 3, WA, AMB, LN, Loft stuff.

I am TRYING to attach 2 pics to this post to show you what my bin looks like and where the files are stored on my pc...but i am not sure i am doing it correctly (this is my first time uploading pics)

OK, THE STUPID PICS WONT UPLOAD. KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE!!! GRR... HERE'S A LINK TO THE 2 PICS. I PUT THEM ON FACEBOOK.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.125712084179594.33861.100002224101242&l=cc5157262d
Screenshots
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 4:37 AM
tizzyliz0227,
First thing I need to know is, does any other CC work for you?
Test Subject
#54 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 7:05 AM
yup. other CC works. I am using patch 6.5 with Late Night.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 5:22 AM
UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED! I dont know what or why but I created a new "mods" folder and put ur files in it and it worked. So i just copied all my other package files over to the new folder and ur fireplaces are still there and working. All is good now. I dont know what the problem was, but i fixed it. LOL Thanks for the awesome castable fireplaces!!!!!
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#56 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 2:11 AM
Dunno how I went so long without these Glad I got em in my game at last! Thanks for your patience and persistence in figuring it out
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 7:04 AM
armiel, you have no idea how much I love you for this! I never understood why EA did not have this option for us. I never add a chimney to my houses because they look so stupid if you cant change the style/color of the chimney to suit the style/color of the home. But you have given us such a wonderful opportunity that I almost cried a little. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#58 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 5:43 AM
The best thing about these is that I learned about the "grab" option for recoloring. OMG! I'm a recolor freak and HAVE TO HAVE my woodwork match, etc., and this has made it SOOO easy. Don't get me wrong - I love the chimney AND I love this tip!
Test Subject
#59 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Phthon, you can delete the EA chimney pieces from custom fireplaces and use the pieces from these with moveobjects on. all the pieces are in misc deco.

For that use i also have the fake chimneys that are available here at mts.

I was thinking the same thing when you said in the instructions that it would only work with the original 6 EA added chimneys. If you use the "moveobjects on" cheat, it allows you to move JUST the fireplace part itself, & keep the chimney in place, thus, it's possible to use a custom content fireplace simply by doing a little more work & deleting the unwanted EA fireplace & adding a CC fireplace.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 7:11 AM
All I could think of when I saw this was, "YES!" You are an absolute angel. I was so tired to death of beautiful fireplaces and houses being completely ruined by hideous chimneys. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 4:32 PM
Hi, thanks so much for these, i can't wait to use them!

I'm having a problem with my game crashing at the moment though, as soon as i select the chimney and try to place it in the game, it crashes. The Fireplaces show in the menu and in the game just before it crashes.
At first i had cheats enabled and move objects on so i tried again with cheats off and it still does it. I have all expansions and am completely up to date with patches.
I do have other CC (mainly cars) which is all fine, and a few mods (no memories, digsite fix, change curtain height)

Any idea what could be the problem cause i would soooo love to use these.

Thanks
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 6:08 PM
Citti, I'm sorry, I have absolutely no idea what might be causing the crashing. Only thing I can offer as solution is that you delete the files from your cc folders, clear the caches and then redownload them.

I am not patched to the latest myself, and the chimneys work for me... Anyone else having the same issue with the current patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 6:51 PM Last edited by Citti Cringle : 25th Sep 2011 at 8:00 PM.
Thanks for the response Armiel, i'll give that a go and see if i can get them working.
I really hope i can cause i despise the ea chimneys ha
Thanks again!

Edit: Yep that worked Armiel, i actually have a sneaky suspicion that i'd missed out one of the packages in the file when i was putting them in last night. Sorry bout that.

Thanks again for these, i'm a happy bunny now :D
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 4:19 AM
Nice that they are now working
Test Subject
#65 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 10:56 PM
I actually can't use the CAST tool on these no matter what I do. I've watched the video and I understand HOW to do it, but it just still doesn't work. I'm positive it's installed correctly and that I'm using the CC rather than EA's fireplace. I'm starting from the area behind the fireplace but it just doesn't want to be CAST.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 4:23 AM
dizzysmile, Oh whee, again a problem I can't solve have you tried dragging the pattern from another object to the chimney pieces?
Test Subject
#67 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 5:06 AM
dizzysmile, Oh whee, again a problem I can't solve have you tried dragging the pattern from another object to the chimney pieces?

Sorry it took so long to reply. That works, for whatever reason! lol. Thank you dear!
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 12:09 AM
Ummm....I'n not slow, just don't have much time night now, what exacitaly is the point or use of this?
One Minute Ninja'd
#69 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 1:15 PM
I'm thrilled with this mod, and am grateful you added a new version for the fireplaces in Pets. Am I correct that this mod for the earlier fireplaces is still Pets compatible?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I'm thrilled with this mod, and am grateful you added a new version for the fireplaces in Pets. Am I correct that this mod for the earlier fireplaces is still Pets compatible?

Yes, works perfectly for me at least
One Minute Ninja'd
#71 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 3:09 PM
Yes, works perfectly for me at least

Good enough for me. This, IMHO, is one of the best build design tools available.
dodgy builder
#72 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 12:23 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 24th Jan 2012 at 8:50 AM.
I tried these, but I realiced that where I come from we have the chimney inside the house to not lose heat probably. I usually build big houses where I can hide the chimney anyway, or I just use mmo to remove the piezes. So then the default fireplace thingi was just annoying.

The problem started when I tried to remove it again. I forgot 2 files belonging to the chimneys. I found these and finally my game didn't crash when I wanted to copy one of the fireplaces in a house I have. So the moral here is: make sure you get all the piezes if you want to remove it.
Test Subject
#73 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 8:09 PM
Default hi
hmm i is great idea/work but ^^ ..it work not really i try use it but at the 2 floor he change back to normal look same.. if i move ...maybe you can help me ?
maybe collisions with oder mods? (i download a lot stuff for my game like glaswindows ect ect ) the new patch ?
dont know
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 11:51 PM
Finally! I can has chimneys that look decent! a million times thank you for your lovely works :3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#75 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 2:36 PM
making a very ambitious 1700s mansion and red does not match!! You have saved my life with this one! (Trying to build the City of Bath, Somerset, UK, need LOTS of chimneys...! ^_^
Page 3 of 5