Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vertigo
The base game wasn't built to support open worlds. The developers, unfortunately, knew what they were doing. They wanted the game to run smoothly and with minimum bugs. That's why they didn't include CASt or open worlds.

Are you a video game developer? You seem quite sure of what you're talking about ^_^
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 11:31 AM
I'm so here for a Showtime edition for The Sims 4!
The only thing I want to change is, how you build up your career. It was a bit messy at The Sims 3.
And maybe they can add a new celebrity, they already had Katy Perry, I'm here for Lady Gaga! Can you imagine if they made a meat dress in The Sims? :o
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 2:29 PM
I want a generations pack.
but really where there is focus on families.
mostly because i want toddlers again, i hate those ugly aliens your sim just pop out
Mad Poster
#29 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 3:07 PM
Generations? You means the pack where half of the content was off screen?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fullofsheibe
I'm so here for a Showtime edition for The Sims 4!
The only thing I want to change is, how you build up your career. It was a bit messy at The Sims 3.
And maybe they can add a new celebrity, they already had Katy Perry, I'm here for Lady Gaga! Can you imagine if they made a meat dress in The Sims? :o

Especially after a pets expansion. Random animals eat your clothes!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:50 PM
The base game wasn't built to support open worlds. The developers, unfortunately, knew what they were doing. They wanted the game to run smoothly and with minimum bugs. That's why they didn't include CASt or open worlds.

Ok. But now that they haveutterly failed and you can spend hours laughing your a...bs off watching all those bugs and stuttering and endless loading screens on youtube, what's their plan now, since they know what they are doing? What's phase 3?
Field Researcher
#32 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:13 PM
Sims 4: Existential Annihilation

For the first time ever, you can destroy your Sims' entire meaning system by applying our new CaT (Create a Trauma) tool. At Level 8, the Sim essentially must be gardened, rather than played. At level 9, CaT completely annihilates the Sim, every in-game Sim they ever met, and every in-game place they have ever seen. At Level 10, CaT completely annihilates the Sims 4, leaving the player totally and blissfully unaware of any memory of what happened to the game between the Sims 3 and the Sims 5.
Instructor
#33 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
Honestly, I feel that The Sims 3 would have been the perfect engine for this as you could have had a functioning station to work on (just need to rework housing into something else). At the very least a space colony could be awesome.

Actually, what if the household was the station and you had to manage power, air, and productive things like farming, mining, production, and research (kinda like Space Colony or Rimworld). You'd need to have a bridge, engine area, ect for everything to function.

If that works the game could eventually transition to space ships which you can fly to different planets or station (via another interface with some simple ship controls). Buy and customize different ships, recruit a crew, do missions, explore, ect.

I could go on all day thinking about this!

Yeah, that would have worked for sims 3 due to it being so goal oriented. It could could also fit right into the sims 4 . And I hate it.

You're asking for a spin-off. Sims is suppose to be a life simulation, and what you're describing sounds like a chore. I just want freedom to do whatever I want. I want my sims to live in a space station with the same functionality as a normal city. It would just have its own little twist on things to fit the theme. It would obviously also have a spaceport for the traveling of sims between places, such as 'Simnation' (or whatever), and other planets (such as Sixam). I don't expect the actual entire fucking space station to move anywhere.
Instructor
#34 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:21 PM

Got to agree with this. Open world is a great idea, but in practice there was a lot of issues with it.

Now for the long winded explanation.

As long as the world is small and simple like how the Sims 3 started out, open world works. The problem was as there got to be more and more expansions the game just didn't keep up. Lag became a real issue with loading the custom textures of things and trying to keep the world feeling populated with a set number of sims that wouldn't crash the system. Also any new features and venues would sometimes require remaking all the existing maps to include them. As time went on that got to be a huge number of maps they had made for sale, mind I think they made it worse with only considering the base game plus whatever expansion the world came with when building the world.

Making it into neighbourhoods is a sort of dual fix for both these problems. Making the world into smaller chunks means they could concentrate the sims into making a world feel more populated. Because it was a neighbourhood setup any expansion didn't need a complete reworking of existing worlds. Instead they could just add the required neighbourhood. It'd still be nice if they made it so it loaded the WHOLE neighbourhood instead of just "everything outside plus the one lot" but I think that is a relic of how the game was previously intended to go that just hasn't been ironed out and I hope to see change in a future update.

Much as I liked the Open world, i don't see it ever making an appearance in the SIms 4. Until they start thinking of making their expansions with an eye to how they could support each other instead of just the expanion + base they seem to follow (Selling herbal remedies in GTW seems like it would have been an easy one). Also their desire to make the game have a very low system requirement is always going to limit the size of even the neighbourhoods they do, let alone any attempt at an open world.

Still, the guys over at Colossal Order* have said they are interested in doing a life simulator, but they need a fair run up to it as it is a tall order. If I was in the Sims Studios I'd be looking at that as a reason to not rest on the Sims current laurels.

As for the actual purpose of this thread, expansions I want to see or at least expect to see:

You know, I was going to be put a few things but I realized something. To be honest, what I'd just like to see is things where they cross support other expansions. For example any other expansion that comes out has a (thematically related)career that makes use of the Get to Work expansion mechanics. There were a few packs in Sims 3 where folks wondered why they didn't make mechanics from different packs work together. The band from Late Night and the singer from Showtime are often cited.

*Colossal Order is the small company that made Cities: Skylines, the game that has defiantly taken the crown as *the* city simulator at this point.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IAmDeath
I still want my farming EP.

I was telling the same thing and got some "disagree"s and no "agree"s LOL

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Instructor
#36 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 9:16 PM
A farming EP would be so great.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by indigoskycaller
Are you a video game developer? You seem quite sure of what you're talking about ^_^

No, that's what the gurus said.
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFake
Ok. But now that they haveutterly failed and you can spend hours laughing your a...bs off watching all those bugs and stuttering and endless loading screens on youtube, what's their plan now, since they know what they are doing? What's phase 3?

idk, They'll probably try to ruin the futures packs.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFake

You have made an excellent point. I have never seen so many bugs and glitches in a BASE game (I rarely saw some in The Sims 3 base game ). The problem is, they don't know what they are doing. You have Rockstar, Paradox Interactive and other game companies that can create an awesome game with barely any problems. And if problems do arrive, they fix them without breaking something else! There's another gaming company called, Last Day of Work who have created a family-sim game similar to the Sims, but of course, it's not as complex as the Sims games. It's still good, though.

With all this technology and money they have, you would think they could create a great game to gain a larger audience. At this point, a family-sim game should gain a much larger following than The Sims 1 and 2; amazing graphics and gameplay. GTA keeps getting better and better, why can't the Sims? Some of these devs and programmers obviously don't care for their product but are willing to stroke their ego, some are solely after the money, some are afraid to speak up against their higher ups for the fear of getting fired, and some care, but they may lack knowledge to properly code what is in the Sims games. Jobs.

It doesn't take a game developer or a game programmer to sense that this direction their headed in with the Sims franchise isn't right. I don't know if they need new leadership on the Sims team or what. BTW, these excuses they keep coming up with are BULL! They just come up with these excuses to alleviate fans and to feel better about and ignore their incompetence. It's really sad. What are they doing to my favorite franchise?!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 2:18 AM
To be completely honest, I think EA would give everyone what they wanted if they thought it was possible and would make them money. None of us are game developers and we have no idea what it takes to make a game, market it, and then get it to turn a profit. I'm in NO WAY defending EA, but I think they're trying to please while also being realistic. We all wanted a game that was like the Sims 2 with aspects of the Sims 3 but ran much better than the Sims 3 did. They tried with the Sims 4, I think they just jumped the gun with releasing it. Sadly, now we need 100 expansions to feel like the game is complete, and then not even then will it feel like that. (We'll always want more.)

I personally want to see a Generations/Family expansion pack very soon, because that is my personal taste in gameplay. I really could care less about Get To Work, although I do want it just because it's getting boring with the base game. I hate DLC and Outdoor being only available on freaking origin really ticks me off. I don't use credit cards and I don't like using my bank account to purchase things.. too much identity theft.. and then when origin is gone which will happen, the games will be gone too? (Even though I've read that Sims 4 is origin oriented so even if you have the physical copy you wouldn't be able to play without origin which makes sense because you can't get around origin now..)

ANYWAY, I'd love to see pets early on too and an expansion like Makin' Magic where you weren't a mythical character and there was another town/world for the magical stuff so every single neighbor and person in your 'hood wasn't a freaking supernatural character. I mean in the Sims 3, the only human in my town was the family/person I was playing..

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 7:50 AM
Hey y'all i just got the Sims 4 with both expansions i have to say i'm really enjoying the game.
I love it how ever i miss the toddlers.

I Wold love to see more things for kids like playing Gautair or being able to cook on the stove being able to do gymnastics the joy ride thing was neat from sims 3 i would love for the jumping on the beds come back again.

for expansions
Pets/Seasons
for this one cats dogs horses birds turtles hamsters toads mice stuff like that seasonal clothing for each season
sports clothing like hockey jerseys football soccer basketball and matching shorts kids being able to shoot baskets and play a game of hockey i would love for the basket ball hoop and soccer net come back. as for games i would love skateboards hockey sticks and pucks kites, go karts for adults and kids-farm animals with pets.

I loved the Sims 2 family fun stuff i loved the kids furniture the furniture for kids in generations were cool too.
i loved island Paradise that was one of my all time favorite Sims 3 game i would love for them to make a body shop i miss making my own clothes.

I would love for the snowboarding ramp to come back again, and they should have a skateboarding one too.
Teen/Kids style-geared too just teens and kids
Bathroom/IKEA/Mansion & Garden Stuff
Holiday Stuff pack for all holidays or special occasion
world adventures with stuff from bon voyage and vacation the pjs from sims 1 were cool i loved the feet pyjamas from sims 2
70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff-that was a cool pack i loved the retro furniture
Outdoor Living Stuff- the outdoor stuff was nice
i want to see more things like kids/teens being able to play fight or challenge each other to games and stuff or the kids being able to get piggy back rides or dance with the adults being able to slide down the banister be able to have more options i do like the idea of them being left alone that is a neat feature i would like the deep fryer back and the ice cream machine even a popcorn maker or the fondue fountain was cool. i loved the pranks idea with generations that was fun to play with would like the idea of kids riding bikes and racing each other. i want the tree houses back and the sprinkler and the waterside even the wet slide i would love to see it more like real life like kids teens and adults playing sports on teams and with family members.I would like the dress up bin to return but with more things like fireman, dinosaur, alien, police officer princess king animals like dogs and cats and kids a can pretend and act like cats or animals
Also a Disney themed expansion and a superhero one-could be included in the kids pack
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 12:06 PM
An EP that can finally let you customize your townies will be great. After GTW, Shimrod's less townie spawns was messed up.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 3:28 AM
Default We need to make our own neighborhoods like in sims 2
Making neighborhoods from scratch was the best thing in sims 2. I know TS3 had a build a world program also.
TS4 only has neighborhoods with limited lot space, probably around 16-20. Sims 2 hoods could hold up to 80-100 lots on a really big map.
I'd like to see neighborhood maps we can create ourselves and to hold a lot more lots. Also the option of making roads, placing plant life, and other hood decorations and bodies of water as well, and don't forget bridges.
The ability of making our own neighborhood would make sims 4 much more enjoyable.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 4:35 AM
I'd like more space for the Sims to live in. I'd like to be able to have worlds where there can be at least 100 lots. I'd also like the population limit to be amped up.

I'd like for there to be grocery stores and other places for Sims to go shopping. I do not mind for there to be loading screens to go to them. I'd rather that than rabbit holes. I hated rabbit holes. I'd also like to see the actual schools and perhaps get an interactive teaching career.

I'd really like to see detonation come back, and hence added to the inventing / science career. I loved blowing up other people's furniture. That as a blast.
Test Subject
#44 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 8:05 PM
I would also like the teen style pack the grilled cheese aspiration was cool i would like sim kids to be able to hold hands with their toddler siblings and play games with them and even have the option to play tag with then when they walk toddler beds more toddler toys and sim kids being able to have part time jobs. even having skateboard competitions and be able to challenge others an open school and i like the idea of an open school i liked open for business
my favorite sims 3 was island paradise i loved it i would love for the kids to be able to go scuba diving and have options of things adults can do just with in kid boundaries
I would love to see the race car set come back, the castle set, i loved the hotel set form sims 2, Generations was neat with the added pranks and daycare career.
I have said it before but i would love an expansion pack that had disabilities like real life like sims having cancer ,prosthetic limbs, diabetes, wheel chairs Leg braces.
I would love a complete Nautical themed pack with clothing toys furniture and decor
a complete sports pack clothes furniture decor and toys
I do NOT want that imaginary friends back i hated that thing
i would love a dress up chest for toddlers and kids with animals , dragons princess, careers realistic dressup clothes
sim kids being able to push their toddler siblings on the swings toddlers being able to swim nad have swm fins for kids and toddlers pool toys. the video camera;s realistic kids toys like legos being able to carry around a toy bunk beds teens being shorter than adults and more interactions between teens and kids.maybe be able to piggy back younger siblings tickle them and have fun as siblings more video game options for kids and teens sliders for height for kids and teens- k that's all for now
I know some wouldnt want that butmabye some
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 5:32 PM
Here are a few ideas of mine. (Sorry for long message)

EXPANSION PACKS

LIFE OF THE TOWN

Vibrant towns and evolving worlds are now available! Sims can now visit new venues, visit community gatherings and events, and become the Mayor of your town. With new features for your Sims, new Town Edit tools are available.

Details/Features

PETS

Are your Sims feeling lonely, don’t fear, pets are here in The Sims 4. Cats, dogs, horses, and now bunnies are available for your Sims to own – create the best companions, or the worst enemies, you rule the pets!

Details/Features

WATCH FOR WEATHER

In The Sims 4 Watch for Weather, experience different weather conditions as rain, snow, or falling autumn leaves, to beautiful blooming flowers.

Details/Features

WORLD EXPLORATION

Travel around the world to many different places. See new cultures, food, and animals. Visit friends in different areas, and make new ones.

Details/Features

GAME PACKS

FAMILY GENERATIONS

In The Sims 4 Family Generations Game Pack, families have new interactions with each other. Family is more important like never before.

Details/Features

FUTURISTIC LIVING

Visit the future that otherwise you would need to wait for. In The Sims 4 Futuristic Living, you see how in years, how technology has been reformed, or how your Sims’ descendants have been.

Details/Features

HOT DATE NIGHT

With Hot Date Night, Sims can now have more social events. New venues are available too in new neighborhoods.

Details/Features

STUFF PACKS

PARTY HARD

In The Sims 4 Party Hard Stuff, you can now have teen parties that allow, “juice”. Be careful though, you wouldn’t want to be grounded.

Details/Features

SUPER SPORTS

Are your Sims athletic? With The Sims 4 Super Sports Stuff Pack, you can now enjoy more outdoor activities!

Details/Features

TEEN LIFE

Teens, like really, right? Well, in Teen Life Stuff, they get even worse.

Details/Features:

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
Page 2 of 2