Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 7:47 AM
The only way to do that is by the surgery table from Uni. But it doesn't carry to the Body Shop clone. I prettied one of my sims up with the table and then exported them... same hideous sim I started out with.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 2:40 AM
Hey this tutorial helped me to create a "long lost step brother" to one of my Sims and gave me a better understanding of practical game play uses of SimPE and Body Shop to boot! Thanks!

It's time to workout: "Gramb a chambliss! Flab leeb!!!"
Test Subject
#78 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 6:24 PM
Ok, I need your help, I'm from Czech Republic, so I'm sorry for my horrible English...
Can, someone extract with SimPe, Pleasantview Sim - Pollination Technician 7?
I can't do this. Please, help me...
Theorist
#79 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 3:54 PM
Yes, I am haveing the same problem,
There is a strange thing where you cna't extract all the dead sims, or at least most of them.
Can someone help me out here?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Forum Resident
#80 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 3:50 AM
I have a problem. When I check the sims description, all I see is "Unknown" with a picture of Mr. Potato Head. I did uncheck the No Meta Information, close SimPe, open it again, and still all the sims are marked as Unknown. What's wrong?
Test Subject
#81 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 8:47 PM
I have the same problem. All I see is unkown with the Mr. Potato heads and the no meta info is unchecked.

The Imperial Everend
Test Subject
#82 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 6:47 PM
All it was was an outdated simpe, if all you have is unknowns just update simpe.

The Imperial Everend
Test Subject
#83 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 2:22 PM
Thanks so much for this tutorial. I've been barely touching my game out of fear of losing a few sims I created in CAS, now they're safely backed up
Test Subject
#84 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 5:09 PM
I want to transfer across my vampire tag with my sim and when installed, shown in the family bin, any Ideas on how to do that.

Cursors aren't people that swear so stop giggling
Instructor
#85 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 12:47 AM Last edited by IsolinaBlack : 6th Apr 2007 at 1:04 AM.
Awesome! The most cutest child-sim I have ever made, ever, I made by breeding sims... xD Almost impossible to remake the sim in body shop, so it makes it rather hard to remake the sim. This is awesome; thanks sooo much for this guide! ^^;'' -Goes to open up bodyshop and see if it works-
Edit: It works wonderfully! Wootness! ^^;'' Thankies thankies thankies thankies!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 5th May 2007 at 4:53 AM Last edited by bluemoon11 : 5th May 2007 at 5:51 PM. Reason: bleh spelling.
Hi! This tutorial works very well, and I'm surprised at how easy it is. I have one question though - while I was being an idiot a few months ago, I deleted the family containing the sim I want to extract. I noticed that in SimPE the sim and the rest of the family still appear in the sim description list but not in the sim surgery list. Is there any way to make her appear in the sim surgery list where she can be extracted?

I tried adding her and the rest of her household to an existing family, but that didn't work.

Thanks!

The real John McCain

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
-Albert Schweitzer
Field Researcher
#87 Old 14th May 2007 at 10:24 PM
Does this technique work for NPC's as well, e.g. Mrs Crumplebottom?
Forum Resident
#88 Old 26th May 2007 at 9:35 AM
This was painfully easy to follow, thank you!! ^^

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Test Subject
#89 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 10:38 AM
your good at explaining.. many thanks
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 2:12 PM
Does the neighborhood has to be in the EA games folder to extract the Sim? I say this because I just restarted all my neighborhoods but moved my old ones to my desktop. So would it affect my game is I extract a Sim from one of my desktop neighborhoods?
Test Subject
#91 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Michalyn
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I looked through the responses below but none of them seems to address this. I'm not interested in uploading my sim anywhere, I just want to change her in-game appearance while keeping all of her memories etc in tact.

I'm also trying to do this, I know about the plastic surgery machine, but I do not wish to change my sims facial structure, only his skin tone. I need to update his skin tone with one I recently created...is there a way to do this? As the only plastic surgery machine I have seen, only modifies facial structure.

That wasn't very nice...

-_-
I do believe you've killed my hat.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 7:58 PM Last edited by DJ Herself : 14th Jul 2007 at 8:07 PM.
If you want to change only their skintone, here's what you need to do:

1. Create a Sim that has the new skintone (leave them in the Sim Bin if you want; you don't have to play them at all).
2. Exit the game.
3. Start up SimPE and then open up the Neighborhood Browser and choose the appropriate 'hood.
4. Select Sim Browser and choose the Sim that you recently created.
5. Click on the More button and select SimDNA.
6. You'll see five lines of code under both Dominant and Recessive. Since this is a new Sim, both sets of code will be exactly the same (well, four lines of code and an area that lists the dominant facial features in the Dominant area).
7. Copy the line next to Skintone. Paste it into a Notepad document if you wish (again, since this is a new Sim, the code should be exactly the same).
8. Go back to Sim Browser and select the Sim you want to change. Again, click on More and then SimDNA.
9. Copy that line of code to both the Dominant and Recessive areas if you want the skintone to be very dominant. If you don't want that, just copy it to the Dominant area.
10. Click Commit and Save. Done.

Oh and Chrizta0000, yes I believe the 'hood has to be in the My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods folder to be able to extract a Sim from there. It's easy to do, though. Just move the folder back there, open up SimPE, extract the Sim, and then remove the 'hood's folder again. Easy.
Test Subject
#93 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 9:23 PM
Thanks so much! That worked perfectly. I can't tell you how long I've been trying to figure out how to do this and in the end it was so simple. Thanks again!

That wasn't very nice...

-_-
I do believe you've killed my hat.
Forum Resident
#94 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 3:21 PM
more than useful!thanx
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 11:25 AM
is there a SimPE for Mac users like me?

I have a Macbook Pro.

*sigh*

Romeo

That's me, silly. Not a sim. But uh, if you're into me, good. If not, whatever.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 5:31 AM
Thanks! This worked awesomely. It worked perfectly and I didn't have a problem.

Cheers!
Lesse

Loff
Mad Poster
#97 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 12:31 PM
I had this same problem...my simmies didn't show up in Body Shop, after exporting...

BUT !...for me, for some reasons, i have to put their pictures in BOTH "patient" AND "archetype" for it to work !!!
So i find my sim, then click on their picture...click on USE in both squarie windows, then i click EXPORT...then i rename them and hit ok.

Then i find my sims in Body Shop, and CAS. you guys could try this ? it is the only ways for me.

Rosemary :0)
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 11:58 PM
I cloned the sim... But the problem is that the sim I want is in my old computer that doesn't run the game or body shop anymore... So what do I do? I want to transfer the sim to my new pc... Any ideas?

... And music is my aeroplane.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 1:36 AM
Thank you so much for this! It works perfectly. *smiles*

"Cant sleep... Clowns will eat me." -- Bart Simpson
Test Subject
#100 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starstrucksh
UGH i keep trying to make copies of my sim toddler- and i cant even LOAD my neighborhood because SimPE says that it had an error while loading the hood' and i close that box and it brings up another warning one saying that "a sim was found twice" and i keep closing the boxes- and they JUST keeping popping up... one.. after another... after another PLEASE! help me! Im going insane (

I have the same problem!? It's crazy!
Page 4 of 7