Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 7:06 AM Last edited by mirabellarose : 4th Nov 2015 at 8:18 AM.
Default Changing the hunger rating of a stove with S3PE
I downloaded a stove from Around the Sims that has a low hunger rating. I tried to change that rating with S3OC but it threw out an error message. This happens sometimes if the object was made with TSR Workshop from what I understand. So I thought I could open the package file in S3PE and change the hunger rating that way. Only I have NO idea how to do this. I know it can be done, but I can't find any instructions on the Internet anywhere. Please help?

Edit: I tried changing the scriptclass of the stove using this tutorial: https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...s-of-an-object/ however, it didn't seem to make a difference. I used the scriptclass from an Into the Future stove, and one from the Festus stove -- which I believe is a base game stove. Only one stove showed up in-game, and the hunger rating was still 5, just like the original.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirabellarose
I downloaded a stove from Around the Sims that has a low hunger rating. I tried to change that rating with S3OC but it threw out an error message. This happens sometimes if the object was made with TSR Workshop from what I understand. So I thought I could open the package file in S3PE and change the hunger rating that way. Only I have NO idea how to do this. I know it can be done, but I can't find any instructions on the Internet anywhere. Please help?

Edit: I tried changing the scriptclass of the stove using this tutorial: https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...s-of-an-object/ however, it didn't seem to make a difference. I used the scriptclass from an Into the Future stove, and one from the Festus stove -- which I believe is a base game stove. Only one stove showed up in-game, and the hunger rating was still 5, just like the original.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

I've never really worked with scripts on objects like that before, but if you use a stove from Into the future, and you don't have that EP in your game, it simply won't show up. You could clone a really expensive stove (You can change the price in TSRW if you like ^-^) I'll do some research since I want to know as well.
Inventor
#3 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 4:31 AM
The info from the buy mode catalog is just informative and doesn't actually represent the effectiveness of the stove. it's the script. If you replaced the scriptclass reference to an expensive one, probably it's improving the quality of the food.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 3:48 AM
So there's no way to change the hunger rating? I can't do it with TSRWorkshop. I thought maybe it's possible with S3PE, but I don't know how...hence my asking here. And I do have all the expansion packs, so that's not an issue there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
The info from the buy mode catalog is just informative and doesn't actually represent the effectiveness of the stove. it's the script. If you replaced the scriptclass reference to an expensive one, probably it's improving the quality of the food.

That's the thing. I did change the scriptclass (Or at least I think I did), but when I went in-game, the hunger rating was still listed as 4.
Inventor
#6 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mirabellarose
That's the thing. I did change the scriptclass (Or at least I think I did), but when I went in-game, the hunger rating was still listed as 4.

"The info from the buy mode catalog is just informative and doesn't actually represent the effectiveness of the stove."

If you would like to change it anyway, I guess you need to edit the objd file.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
"The info from the buy mode catalog is just informative and doesn't actually represent the effectiveness of the stove."

If you would like to change it anyway, I guess you need to edit the objd file.

And how would I do that? I'm sorry to be a bother with all these questions, but doing a Google search has yielded absolutely nothing useful.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 12:20 PM
Open the package using S3PE and look for the resource with the OBJD Tag. Click on it, then in the bottom of the program click on the "Grid" button which should display the information from the OBJD resource in a new window. In this new window double click on the "TopicRatings" line and look for the TopicRating that has "Hunger" as its Topic and change the Rating under that.

Just to stress again that this is a purely aesthetic change and will not actually effect the effectiveness of the stove. If you had changed the script class correctly that would have made the stove better already regardless of the rating displayed in Buy mode.