Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 8:10 PM Last edited by DJ. : 26th Mar 2014 at 9:16 AM.
Default Disabling carpools (custom career)?
I've downloaded a custom career. Since I'm playing a sort-of medieval 'hood, I'd like the modern cars to stop coming to pick my Sims up for work.

I have FT onwards, which gives me an option in Sim pie menus to direct them to walk to work. This is the method I want to use to send my Sims to work, and I do not want cars to come at all.

I've tried opening the career in SimPE and modifying the Vehicle GUIDs by setting them all to 0x0000. The carpool doesn't come, so I can direct my Sims to go to work on foot. However, carpool doesn't come when it's time to bring Sims back from work, and Sims are stuck forever off-world until I throw an error at them using the batbox.

I'm currently looking for the following options:
  • autonomous walk to work. However, I don't think any of the in-game careers has it. Example would be university classes. However, by opening a random custom major, there was no Vehicle GUIDs BCON. But I'd definitely want to implement something like walking to and from class.
  • Sims don't have a carpool, but they appear on the lot after they finish work.
I've already tried, for example, adding the lvl10 Law Enforcement vehicle GUID (the one where the Sim flies in the sky), but they still wouldn't go to work (or get back from it).

Can someone please help me out on this? I've already found a list of vehicle GUIDs someone posted here at MTS, but the list doesn't have the captain hero or my second option. Thanks a lot in advance.