Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 4:14 AM
Default WCIF Set sim as service npc/set appearance to npc mods?
I don't like the NPCs that are generated for like butlers, bartenders, or landlords. I also really don't want to have to edit each one to make them look pretty. Is there any possible mod that can either set any of my Sims as the NPC for that lot, or maybe a mod that I can just fully copy appearance, traits, relationships and skills from one of my Sims to the NPC? Any help doing something even similar to this would be perfect! Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistermooman
I don't like the NPCs that are generated for like butlers, bartenders, or landlords. I also really don't want to have to edit each one to make them look pretty. Is there any possible mod that can either set any of my Sims as the NPC for that lot, or maybe a mod that I can just fully copy appearance, traits, relationships and skills from one of my Sims to the NPC? Any help doing something even similar to this would be perfect! Thanks!

I know, it's so annoying. My biggest bug bear are that all new Sims seem to be generated in crop tops and long skirts, with the weirdest names ever. All I can suggest, and what works for me, is to delete all the townies you don't want, and then search on the gallery for skilled townies. I have a bunch by sakuraleon, like Fitness Townies, Restaurant Townies etc. If only we could just set NPC's ourselves, but it's not possible at the moment.

I was also using NPC Control (available here on MTS), which utilizes current sims rather than generating new ones, but I think it needs updating. Hope that helps.
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistermooman

Yeah, the game does generate some super ugly sims
it's so very frustrating to try finding some good looking NPCs soulmates for my sims.

MCCC mod have something to deal with it, I believe. it's either the CAS or the Dresser one that should fix it..
I don't know how it works, but you can copy appearances, add clothing to a black list and such..
I should use it since I have this mod, but I've never fully understood how it works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:19 AM
@themidnitetech

Thanks! NPC control is just what I need.

@Keren

Yeah the Dresser settings in MCCC are way too confusing for me to figure out.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:09 PM
With MCCC you click on the sim you want to change choose "sim commands" then choose "modify in cas". This also works for modifying sims in overstuffed households, and anyone else in town (without inadvertently switching households).