Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 4:17 AM
Default Your longest family tree
What's the longest family tree you've created to date? Mine is this one, which has six generations

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 3:04 PM
Of any game I've played, the completed legacy has the most complicated family tree by far. This is just the basics, showing all the heirs, and not expanding out any of the spares. I didn't know how TS3's vanilla new sim creation in town worked back when I played this, so aside from Gen 1, my sims pretty much married puddings all the way down the line. I wanted all the heirs green like the founder, so the first born green child became the heir by default. I installed Late Night during late Gen 3/early Gen 4, so that's why vampires infected the family tree.

Instructor
#4 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 6:28 PM
My longest family tree has 5 generations. It's a very complex family tree, i'm just showing a little bit

Scholar
#6 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 9:35 PM
I don't have the pics or the save anymore, but on my old computer my sim, his wife, and mistress had 30+ kids.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Forum Resident
#7 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:01 AM
You guys are amazing, you've just given me so much inspiration.
Theorist
#9 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 3:37 AM
I'm not much of a legacy/generational player but where did you get those huge family trees? I know the game doesn't show that big a family tree. The longest and largest legacy I've had is 5 generations. So... where can get that huge family tree guys? I hate keeping track of my generations on paper and pen or - if I get really motivated - on Excel. Just as an FYI, I don't have any mods NRAAS or others.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 4:58 AM
I think my poor Bardon family is at 17 or 18 generations, possibly more? They're my challenge family so they've been through the Apocalypse, build a kingdom?, Doomsday 1 and 4 and Nothing is Free, and as soon as Nothing is Free is finished they're going to go through a Zombie aftermath challenge. They really need a break :D
Theorist
#12 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I don't think it is possible without mods. There was a program I saw before, but it is more or less just a database and you have to enter the family tree yourself to keep track. It was separate from the game.

I feel like and advertiser for NRAAS mods since this is the 2nd time I posted links to the site on this forum today.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

I'm running a lot of mods from there, but I think the family tree is kept by the NRAAS Mastercontroller Mod because in "settings" there is one called "Family Tree Level." Now, this setting doesn't set the family tree level, but sets the level to be viewed and displayed when you click on your family tree. So I am not sure Mastercontroller actually keeps the family tree genealogy, it could be the NRAAS Story Progression mod that is doing it.

Try the Mastercontroller first. Put the mod in your mod/package folder like all your other mods. Click on your townhall and there should be a menu "NRAAS" then submenu "Mastercontroller." Goto "settings" and you'll see it.

Thank you As I said I've never run mods but I am familiar with the NRAAS site. I've visited over the years to read what mods they create. Just general info but I didn't know it could do those family trees. Thank you again. I'll keep it in mind if I ever decide to seriously do a legacy. Unfortunately, my attention span for legacies is rather short and that's why I've only ever gone to Gen 5 once and never past Gen 3 for the most part. However, the reason I asked is because my husband who plays this wonderful game is frustrated that the game can't keep more than 3 generations (I think) and he wants to see all his progeny. He strictly plays legacy for each world starting with his sim self. I think his family in Bridgeport is Gen 18, Isla Paradiso 15, Sunset Valley 21, Riverview 17, and Twinbrook 15 so he needs this. :D

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#14 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 8:58 AM
I don't know about longest, but that's my largest:

Some of them live in Riverview, some in Sunset Valley and some in Bridgeport. They always visit eachother and are all connected by nraas Traveler.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#15 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 10:24 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 21st Oct 2014 at 10:34 AM.
While I don't play legacies or multiple generations I just realised after reading this thread that my current Sim genetically goes all the way back to my very first Sim I created in 2009. That one was called Maximilian Hawkins and I created him as the toddler son of a Sim I downloaded from here. Since then the genetics have spread from Sunset Valley, to Riverview, to Bridgeport, to Niua Simoa, to Appaloosa Plains, to Starlight Shores, to Sunlit Tides and are currently in Lucky Palms and have involved the participation of quite some pre-mades I could find in those places.

That's Tyree, the current last descendant:

I guess I will have to wish Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu good luck for figuring out the lineage
Alchemist
#17 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:06 PM
Not a legacy player in any way but currently playing with 17th generation (all have been large familes), so not long to reach the full 20. Sadly I don't have the family tree to show because I never really pay attention to it that much and 17 generations wouldn't show in it anyway (except maybe with a mod).
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 6:04 AM
No one's going to believe me without pictures, but I have a save game that is 30+ generations. It didn't even take very long I started that game in December. My game also has suprisingly little lag from all this. The game has always been a little slow and laggy for me and maybe actually improved with time? I wasn't even a legacy type player before this lol, I just decided to try it and thats what happened. The biggest downside to all this though is that the genetics system sucks and there are maybe 3 looks that people in my family have. They all look he friggin same its soooo annoying. Thats probably also why I havent played it in 3 months haha its gotten boring.

but maybe its my fault because i havent added any new sims since gen 8 or 9 and at this point everyones marrying distant family
Forum Resident
#20 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:18 PM
I haven't got a picture, but my main family that I play has about six generations at the moment. The founder is an immortal vampire who lives with his ghost wife (Rhoda Bagley) in a crypt below the house. It's branched out so much I think the majority of Riverview is related to each other in some fashion. The tree is so large that it has sort of broken the UI for it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:40 AM
Default More than 7 generations... and most of my families are related now
Yup, not kidding. By this point, the major families from my other neighborhoods moved into a custom one I made just a few months ago, and they are thriving in their new home! To my memory, the Goths made it from Pleasantview, the Grunts and what was left of them from Strangetown, the Capps and the remaining descendants of this clan from Veronaville, and the remainder of the Bell clan from Desiderata Valley. The Goth name, however, is "extinct" now in my game - their descendents are found in the Jones family.

Anyhow, onto the question. All of my families up to this date of writing this have more than 8 generations, nearing 10 easy. This is INCLUDING any original ancestors from the start of the game. The Capp line is obviously the longest line, even at the start they can trace back to great-great grandparents. This is actually one of the main reasons I enjoy the Sims 2 so much, because I can grow families and see where things go from there. Here's hoping these names stay in town for a long time to come!

Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
What's the longest family tree you've created to date? Mine is this one, which has six generations

Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ariel-stuart
No one's going to believe me without pictures, but I have a save game that is 30+ generations. It didn't even take very long I started that game in December. My game also has suprisingly little lag from all this. The game has always been a little slow and laggy for me and maybe actually improved with time? I wasn't even a legacy type player before this lol, I just decided to try it and thats what happened. The biggest downside to all this though is that the genetics system sucks and there are maybe 3 looks that people in my family have. They all look he friggin same its soooo annoying. Thats probably also why I havent played it in 3 months haha its gotten boring.

but maybe its my fault because i havent added any new sims since gen 8 or 9 and at this point everyones marrying distant family

Inbreeding has been a problem in my game, too. When I add new people, it always becomes too much to play. It's hilarious. my Veronaville, before being rid of it (in favor of my custom town), had this issue. Capps and Montys kept marrying each other, or would marry descendants of the families that had different last names. It got to the point that whatever match I made, I checked their ancestry to make sure they were not sharing any relatives. Sometimes it was too late after the fact. I had one incident in my Belladonna Cove (also got rid of that, but didn't transfer any families to my custom hood) where I didn't realize a married couple was blood related until AFTER I got them married. They ended up adopting kids, which, there isn't any blood relation. I notice in the game they also have it so second or third cousins can marry...I only do this if I know for sure someone is adopted - no blood relation, no ugliness, no defects! Easy!!!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 5:11 PM
WOW, this is an old thread that was posted on. 34 generations.
Instructor
#24 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 12:06 AM
as much as i can remember i had almost 20 generations in my family tree on the sims with a lot of children and grandchildren but one day i deleted them all because it got so bored

but that was 2 years or so ago so i don't remember it correctly
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 1:58 AM
Mine was the 4th, then the game became so unbearably laggy I have to switch save & that neutered some of the line a little bit because 1 of the sims in there came from the game world so when I ported them, they lost their connections to their parents & cousins.
Page 1 of 2