Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 4:24 AM Last edited by Jathom95 : 8th Jun 2018 at 2:21 AM.
Default All-Time Favorite Trait and Why
So yeah. I've seen similar threads for this before, but this is more along the lines of your absolute, bar-none, have to have at least one sim per save with this trait. Can be any TS3 trait you can think of.

I have to say for me personally, I've always had to have at least one slob sim per save, I just find them really fun to play with. It's easy enough to relate with their cleaning choices, but I have to admit the random burps and farts always get to me, mostly because they always manage to do it when walking past another sim. But my particularly evil pastime with my slob sims is to have them lick a dirty (one that's been left out all day) plate clean, even if they don't become nauseous from it. It amuses me much more than it should.

Edit: Thought I should add, utility-wise my favorite would have to be neat. Clean house is especially useful for large households.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:13 AM
While my favorite trait has to be Good Sense of Humor, I think I actually use Friendly more often. That being said, I usually build a sim with a specific personality, story and look in mind, so they all have differing traits e.g. a neurotic businessperson obsessed with cleanliness, a deadbeat slob with a nasty temper, or a reclusive gardener who hates most modern technology.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:10 AM
I can't really say... I suppose it depends on what the Sim will be doing? For 100 Baby Challenges, I'm always happy to see someone (especially the Founder and/or next mom) to get Family-Oriented. But with the nature of the challenge, I can't pick the kids' traits, and I personally do it so that I randomize the Founder's traits, pick one out of the five, and keep going until I have 5 traits in total.

Though I guess I'm always happy to have Good Sense of Humor on someone.
Inventor
#4 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:31 AM
Good sense of humor or genius, me thinks
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 7:31 PM
Bookworm- it makes the low end bookcases a pretty good source of cheap fun, kids do their homework quicker, you read everything faster (including skill books and toddler books), and you write better novels. Plus, if you need cash you can join the book club and see if you get something expensive (the book club can send you any book you can have show up in your game- including the ones from China/France/Egypt and the past/future ones from the time machine). Though be careful making a genius, bookworm child or teen. They have a chance that they might do their homework so fast they leave themselves singed.

If you have a mod to unlock all traits, Natural Cook on a child is pretty fun too. The bonuses to how quickly they learn too cook and never burning food applies to the child stove.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
If you have a mod to unlock all traits, Natural Cook on a child is pretty fun too. The bonuses to how quickly they learn too cook and never burning food applies to the child stove.

Natural Cook is one of those traits I have to be careful with, because it's so tempting to give it to every sim with how useful it is. But I'd rather it be somewhat scarce than have everyone in the neighborhood be a master chef with no effort.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I used to cheat their skills up, but I got bored with that, so they have to earn it these days.

Same. I maaay still do it occasionally for testing certain things, but pretty much never during normal gameplay anymore. It makes things like the reward certificates that you receive for reaching the top level feel more worth it. I love those things.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:48 PM
I tend to play love stories, so hopeless romantic
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:15 PM
I am partial to Slob, Bookworm, and Frugal.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:34 PM
Evil. I love the cackling, the rubbing hands, the fiendish delights even at their own misery, the random WTF wishes to see somebody's ghost. I don't know what that says about me, but those sims are just a delight to have around :D

omnis mundi creatura
Field Researcher
#12 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:36 PM
Dislikes children. Perfect for any Sim I base on myself.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 10:20 PM
Diva and Unstable are my favorites because of how unique and honestly just fun they can make the gameplay

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang