Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 3:13 PM
Default How to upload a lot to MTS
Hi all Maybe someone can help. I have a lovely lot in Sims 4 called Reflections that I would love to upload to MTS. Can anyone tell me how to identify it in my tray folder. Obviously it is uploaded to the exchange under my name TART4CUS But I would really like to see it on my fav Sims site. Please help
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 4:49 PM
Open your Tray folder, and displays the details of the files within this folder.
Redownload your lot and sort the files in tray folder for "date modified".
One lot creates seven files.
- 5 have the file extension .BPI
- 1 has the file extension .BLUEPRINT
- 1 has the file extension .TRAYITEM
If you want to be sure you have identified the correct files you can temporarily move all the others files in an empty folder,
restart the game and check out the gallery.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 4:49 PM
I uploaded my lot to my library, noted the date and time, and then looked for all files that coincided with that date and time. You might need to do a Save As in order to get a fresh listing. (Which is why I have three copies of the same lot with different names in my library....) Since it is already on the exchange, you can download it from there, noting the date and time.....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 5:36 PM
Thanks Guys n Girls I will give it a go when the kids are in bed so I can concentrate.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexims
Open your Tray folder, and displays the details of the files within this folder.
Redownload your lot and sort the files in tray folder for "date modified".
One lot creates seven files.
- 5 have the file extension .BPI
If you want to be sure you have identified the correct files you can temporarily move all the others files in an empty folder,
restart the game and check out the gallery.

Is this an absolute fact? I only ask because I was tempted to post one of my Aussie-themed houses and on the date created, I only had six such files that would have matched a rather complicated 'how to' that I looked up at the time. So because it didn't match, I didn't bother.

What I had was...
- 4 have the file extension .BPI

Thanks,
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrRoc
Is this an absolute fact? I only ask because I was tempted to post one of my Aussie-themed houses and on the date created, I only had six such files that would have matched a rather complicated 'how to' that I looked up at the time. So because it didn't match, I didn't bother.

What I had was...
- 4 have the file extension .BPI

Thanks,

No, I wrote 7 because all lots that I've created have always generated seven files and all the ones I downloaded had seven files in their archives.
Maybe it's just a coincidence or maybe can depend on how much contents there are in the lot.
Today I will build an empty house, just to see if it is what generates fewer files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 9:43 AM
I uploaded mine to the site yesterday with thanks to those that helped me. Just waiting for it to go live if i got everything right on the upload. In total I had 8 files for the build but it is a large one.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 1:07 AM
Moving to Create > Building since it's specifically a Build Mode question.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:04 PM
Thank you for all of the information it helped to get mine ready to upload. Maybe I am missing it but where to you go to upload your house to the board?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Nozzleman
Thank you for all of the information it helped to get mine ready to upload. Maybe I am missing it but where to you go to upload your house to the board?

Go to Create in the bar above and choose for Upload items

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page