Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 10:53 PM
Default S4pe Error
Hello,

Once I try to export a .dds file, I get the following error (I attached a file).

Is this normal? I doubt.
What to do so solve the problem?

Thank you

Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:04 PM
Have you used s4pe before and this is a recent problem? Or have you just installed it recently and are using it for the first time? If that's the case, what did you use to extract the files? 7zip is what you should use- other programs like WinRAR can cause problems. (If it's the first problem, I have no idea.. sorry.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:29 PM
Using 7zip solved the problem, thank you very much.
Now I have a different problem, I found .rle2 files and I can preview them in S4pe, but I have no idea how to open them and work on them.
Tried to open them with Photoshop but didn't work.

Any ideas?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:47 PM
If you can preview them, can you export them from s4pe and save them as a .dds? (Or .jpeg, .png- something you CAN open with PhotoShop and resave as .dds)
The images you're looking at are a form of a bitmap, I do believe. Maybe you could try exporting them as a regular .bmp from s4pe, if nothing else works?
I'm out of ideas, lol. I've never worked with .rle files before.

edit: A quick search shows that some versions (earlier, I think) of PhotoShop can open .rle files. I realize that you say yours are .rle2, but I'd think that would be about the same thing.
further edit: Yeah, I have PhotoShop CS2 and .rle files are listed right along with .bmp. No .rle2 though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 12:22 AM
Good idea, apparently I can export them to DDS, then import from DDS and works.
If there are any errors I will tell.