Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2015 at 4:49 AM
Default Anyone getting a possible bug/glitch where room disappears on making a room
So after getting the patch ( Sadly i had my origin still active when patch hit so auto updated and installed with my mods + cc installed. I did do a repair game for possible problems though ) i have noticed this weird new thing i never had gotten before.

What happens is say im designing a room or editing 1. It doesn't happen every time and i have yet to find the cause for it, but what happens is say for example i am modifying a room by adding some curves ( adding walls inside a room to make it more styly ) when i am just connecting the wall on to another wall to make it a technical room, it then will remove the entire room i had been placing the wall inside and all its content. I can hit undo and it takes the connection off and all is back but again happens if i try to connect.

I did find a work-around via using the room tool and then just moving the sides out and inside that room i could tweak it and what not to make the main room have its curves. ( Little confusing but hard to explain )

So anyway, i did test thing on another room and had no issues, so the cause of this i am not sure. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue before or just within the new patch as i need to figure out if its a new bug/glitch or some mods are broken now or something.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th May 2015 at 4:58 PM
I have a temporary solution until they [hopefully] fix it, and it works 100% of the time! When you're trying to add a room, draw a wall at least one square away from the wall you want to connect it to. Then select the wall and drag it until the room is complete.

It's a bit annoying, I'll admit, but at least it works.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th May 2015 at 5:00 AM
Moving to Create > Build Mode.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th May 2015 at 2:18 AM
I had a similar glitch where when I would try and close a room with a last wall, the game would delete all the walls on the lot! The problem went away after I removed my mods folder so I guess I'll have to update all my cc? thats gonna take a while.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th May 2015 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stevo445
I had a similar glitch where when I would try and close a room with a last wall, the game would delete all the walls on the lot! The problem went away after I removed my mods folder so I guess I'll have to update all my cc? thats gonna take a while.

I've also had this problem, and my game is cc free. It's such an unfortunate issue. I hope they fix it soon.