Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 12:42 PM
Default S4PE - Error upon launching game when merging certain packages
I wasn't sure if it's ok to ask for S4PE-specific help here, but since Simlogical's forums are gone, this (and the Sims 4 Studio forum) seemed like the best place to ask.

Is anyone familiar with this error code? This happens when I try to launch the game after merging certain package files. So far I’ve had this issue with 2 downloads: these walls (SimistaChildrensWallCollection01 and SimistaFieldOfFlowersWallCollection) and this painting (WSwallart4). When the package files are put into the Mods folder separately, alongside the other merged packages, they work fine however.

I’m guessing it’s either a faulty way of cloning the object (some sort of conflict with other packages?) or a problem with merging in S4PE?

I have extracted S4PE using 7zip, so that's not the problem.

Any help figuring this out is much appreciated!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 6:48 PM
I got the same type of problem after editing the example package given in the modding documentation and it is likely that it is a problem with s4pe not handling these packages properly. Maybe it could work to merge the files into a new package created by s4pe. Otherwise just leave them unmerged.

I can not tell you what the problem is except that the package file isn't loaded properly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 7:29 PM
Thanks for your reply. I just exported all the files inside the WSwallart4 package, imported them into a new package, then merged that, but same result sadly. Hopefully somebody can figure it out, as I'm scared of merging anything now!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 8:21 PM
This might or might not be related to the error, but the painting I mentioned (WSWallart4), has a strange bug. The catalog lists the painting for 2 simoleons, and it deducts 2 simoleons when you buy it, but when you sell the item it refunds you for around 2000 simoleons.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 2:00 PM
Just an update on this problem - it turns out s4pe was breaking some items while decompressing them. A drag and drop package merge feature has been added to the latest release of Sims 4 Studio (Alice version), so packages can safely be merged again! There is a tutorial on how to merge TS4 packages on the Sims 4 Studio forums.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 10:56 PM
Which items exactly do you mean by "s4pe was breaking some items while decompressing them", and which version of s4pe? Alternatively, how did you figure it out -- do you have a link to a discussion or bug report or something? Would be interesting in case others run into the same issue =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.