Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2015 at 7:20 PM
Default Is there a standard outlet type?
I know this is only a game and I am being anal when I say that I am really tired of seeing 4 or 5 standards for outlets in the real world. I know this is only a game, but is there a consensus; when building a house or public building; what type of outlet are in existence. A standard that the simworld agreed on? I could even accept the idea of Tesla's wireless power delivery system. but then why design objects with cords?

I looked online and saw all four or five (plus a military spec from the 50s) outlets, switches and connectors, with grounds, without grounds with polarization, two prong only. I've never normally worried about this when I made buildings, but I have a friend that found a house he liked; downloaded it, installed it, edited the town to put it in. moved the play family into it. and then discovered it had round Scandinavian style plugs. He now has me downloading the same house just to change the plugs and a couple other freakishly small things that normal people wouldn't worry about.

* Rant off
* Endsub Soapbox
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 16th May 2015 at 2:45 AM
what are you talking about? Is this CC or is it power plugs in sims houses you're talking about. I didn't even know there was any.