Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 8:23 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 16th Sep 2015 at 3:10 PM.
Default s4pe 0.4 beta
Since most of the recent commits have been stuck now for more than two weeks, here is a beta release for everyone to play with:

https://github.com/pboxx/Sims4Tools...es/tag/0.4_beta

Note that github uploads need to be extracted with 7zip! (or something else that can deal with LZMA-compressed zips .. I can't upload there when I use the default format)

Quote:
Includes contributions from CmarNYC, Buzzler, Inge Jones and myself:

• Catalogue tags: Replaced hard-coded tag lists with a separate XML file being parsed into tags and categories (which makes it easier for end users to update -> simply replace the XML with one from the current game files). Includes custom Grid editors for tags/categories (COBJ and others) and compound tags (CASP); they support autocomplete. See also here

• Updated OBJD to correctly parse EnvironmentScoreEmotionTags. This is based on Inge’s and Snaitf’s wrappers from here (refactored to meet naming conventions)

• Fixed MTST (fix by Inge from last November)

• Updated FTPT, TONE, RSLT based on Maxis binary templates; more info here

• New folder bookmark functionality (Top menu > Settings; save settings when you're done)

Screenshot of the category/tag editor:

--

Please see the links linked above for more detailed info. If you want to post in this thread with feedback about a specific update, please tag the respective authors!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 11:28 AM
To Do / Known Issues:

* Labels in COBJ: UnkCommon07 | SwatchTextureIID, UnkIID01 | SlotTypeSetIID (should have been in this release but apparently I forgot to commit that)

* One type of CWAL is not being parsed (e.g. 1144A in DeltaBuild0, this has a different (shorter) WallImgGroupList (or something like that) where it starts to read one byte too late)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 1:30 PM
As requested, I am posting my feedback about this version of s4pe.

Quote: Originally posted by VikingStormtrooper
Unfortunately, for some reasons version 0.4 beta does not work correctly on my PC - it can open packages, showing the resources they contain, but is unable to show information different from "Error reading resource [...]", even if I try to open the same resources I could see in version 0.3c; moreover, it causes a "could not find a resource handler" error if I try to export a resource, whatever it is, again differently from version 0.3c (I can send you a PM with details about the error, if you want).

This was the issue. After your suggestion - using 7zip instead of WinRAR in order to unzip files -, I replaced the previous s4pe files with the newly extracted ones, and this led to the desired behaviour of s4pe. Github has probably unzipped files using WinRAR or another program different from 7zip exactly as I did, then it's all OK now, problem solved! Thanks.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 1:44 PM
Thanks for getting back! Good to know it was the compression (as usual). If anyone has an idea what compression format one could use that works with both github AND winrar, I'm all ears .. as long as as the entire project is on github I don't really want to post uploads elsewhere, that only makes it more complicated to track I'm afraid =/.

Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 3:57 AM
Github won't accept a Deflate-compressed ZIP? That's really strange.