Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 2:29 AM
Default Leveling issue in new build
I am building on a 40 X 40 lot in Riverview. I bulldozed the EA built home that was there. Then I used the in game tools to flatten and level the lot. I built a new house, and when I started to place floor tiles in the backyard for the patio, the floor would "jump" slightly with each tile. It is now slightly less than level, which wouldn't bother me, but I was planning on uploading this lot, so I would like to fix this. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 9:27 AM
There has been several reports of bugged sites in EA worlds. I don't know if there excists any fixes. Hav you tried to level it with cfe?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 12:08 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, @Volvenom I'll try cfe the next time I fire up my game. I thought I might also try saving the lot to the library and then placing it in another world.
mature minion
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 7:50 PM
If the lot doesn't have completely flat edges all the way round then even using the "level lot" tool will just make the lot as flat as it can but not quite perfectly flat. I think that's a more likely cause for your issue than a bugged lot
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 10:38 PM
if it's the edge I agree with Tee Hee She, and you can't really fix it, only thing you can do is export it to a lot with flat edges and export it from there BUT if someone places it on a non flat edged lot it wil happen again... I solve this with a border, if I build a 64x64 lot I use 60x60 tiles + tiles to acces road on this border. If that is not the case it can be fixed by creating a fence around the tiles and start dragging new tiles over it from the right heigth (!!!IMPORTANT!!!) only start from tiles at EXACTLY the right height; all tiles within fences (and in contact = 1 fenced space without seperation) will be leveled. IF there is a foundation on the edge of the tiled area remove it and replace it with a temp. fence which can be transfered back after levelling. With walls on the tiles... then you need to start all over again with building (foundation is ideal for 2 different heigths because it's impossible with walls: I would want to save space if I could by using just a wall for joining 2 height instead of the needed at least 1 tile thick foundation...).

Before I start building I always create a height map first (and if on a sloped lot I start at the top all the way down with stairs to carefully measure the height before building, after problems coming to front after hours of building a stadium i learned the hard way

So edges are impossible (and if you solve it it might come back by someone who downloads it) and you can fix if by creating a "border" for yourself (I take at least 2 tiles at all sides, 1 tile can be to small for lots with a greater height difference). Creating a height map can be very usefull before building (especially when you wan't different heights to connect) mark the heights u want to use with a tile and from that tile on you can drag with the level height tool. If you already tiled tiles you can use the tile tool to relevel them by dragging from the right height over the previous tiles and they will be height corrected. Replacing tiles for height works great for uncoverd tiles, if something build/placed on the tiles those tiles won't be readjusted (removing what is placed on it is the only way). Tiled spaces with foundations on the edge can be readjusted but if you leave the foundation intact it might slope the edges with the foundation, remove the foundation before readjusting and it will go fine (tip: keep at least one bit of the foundation intact, makes placing it again way easier
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 2:28 AM
Thank you, Tee Hee She and Anno2015 for your advice. I thought the original lot was flat, even before I flattened it. I guess I didn't check the edges carefully enough. I have abandoned the original lot and I am rebuilding on a new, carefully checked, flat lot. I think that bulldozed lots often do not behave and it is best to start with an empty lot.

Thank you for all the responses.