Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Finding orphan accessory meshes
Basically, I'm sorting out my Downloads folder. I've culled a lot of my accessories, checked that what remains is enabled for the right ages, shows up properly, is binned properly and basically all sorted nicely. But that means I have a bunch of orphan meshes and I *know* the orphan scanners I do aren't catching everything. Now if it was hair or clothing, I could make a sim and package them up and the package would include the mesh, so that would help me sort out the actual, working meshes from the useless ones. But accessory meshes aren't packaged with a sim. So, my question - is there like, a SimPE scan I can do that will check to see what mesh a recolour uses, something like this scan I used to find files linked to the same texture? Or do I have to pull vague meshes like Mesh129LianaSims2com to see if anything breaks?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2018 at 12:36 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th May 2018 at 1:38 PM.
Don't know about scanners, but there are a few other ways:

If you deleted the recolors from ingame, and have everything in folders, you could check the folder dates to see which ones have been recently changed, and see if you can find the meshes there.

Meshes (particularly those by the same creator who made the recolors) tend to share parts of names with the recolor files.

You can also see a preview of meshes in the GMDC if you open up the mesh files.

Another alternative if you still have the recolors is to compare the first resource/shape numbers in the 3DIR with the resource/shape instances in the mesh file.

Personally, I prefer to keep everything sorted into folders, so I know what's what, and this makes it easier to delete the files from the Downloads folder. As for my own accessories they follow a naming pattern that puts the mesh and recolors together when sorting after name (perhaps a renaming tip for future downloads?).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2018 at 12:50 PM
To see what mesh a recolor uses, you'd look at its 3D ID (3IDR). This is where you link it.
The mesh and recolors would have the same Instance number, for their resource node and the shape.
I posted while simmer22 did!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2018 at 2:37 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 9th May 2018 at 4:08 PM.
Thanks guys. I think I'll start by looking at the mesh previews to start with and go from there.

ETA: Whoop, no, told a lie, I started messing around with the Scenegraph Resource Finder and discovered that putting the instance in the TGI Search did the trick! Well. On the one file I tested. Gotta go pick up my sister's children from school now bit I'll try it some more when I return.

ETA: IT WORKS!