Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 1:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default sims 3 won't recognize my card :(
can anyone please help me?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DeviceConfig.zip (5.4 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:23 AM
Your card may not be officially recognized (it's too new) but that doesn't mean it's not being used and it's certainly being ranked properly. Is there an in-game problem that you are trying to fix?

If you feel that you must go through the procedure to get it recognized so that the DeviceConfig.log looks better (and if you are trying to rule this out while solving some other issue), this is easiest way. You would want to "borrow" the profile of the Radeon HD 7900 in your case and have your card recognized as that.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4782510
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:25 AM
yes there are issues in game,the lighting is terrible(even on high settings) the draw distance is terrible(on high setting) makes the game look ugly
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:32 AM
Well, it's certainly worth a try then.

But what setting are you using for High Detail Lots in Game Options? Most have to settle for 2 no matter how strong their card is, that's a shortcoming in the game really. I know the option should be in your DeviceConfig someplace, but I can never remember exactly what that one is called when it shows up there.

Also the game has no built in frame rate limiter. Higher end cards will run wild on it and that can cause all kinds of lag, graphics issues, screen tearing, and crashes. Have you taken steps with Radeon Pro or some other tool to cap the fps and have you checked the rates you are actually getting in-game as you play and move the camera around with the fps on cheat code? If you have a 60 Hz monitor (most common), the displayed fps rate should never go above 60. Some monitors have higher refresh rates so can run higher.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:40 AM
hello,yes I am using radeon's frame limiter option(capped to 60) before that I was getting 500+ fps!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:44 AM
heres my settings
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:51 AM
Great. But to see if your frame rates are really being capped in-game hit ctrl+shift+C to bring up the cheats console and type fps on (enter). The actual frame rates you are getting will display in a tiny circle near the top of the screen. Again, as you play and move the game camera around the fps should not wander above 60 (or the actual refresh rate of your monitor). To make the display go away, cheats console again and fps off (enter).

These tools don't always lock things in as they should and sometimes we have to move onto more aggressive ones.

Edit: Oh, I missed a post up there. Sorry if you have already verified this then.

If the recognition thing doesn't help either, then you may have to provide us with some screenshots to show what you are seeing and get some additional advice. I would have to defer to others here on the lighting issues.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:58 AM
yep getting good frames with,you can see how awful the game looks despite the high settings.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:33 AM
Okay, time for some totally wild guesses.
-- You are playing a world with very unusual lighting like Midnight Hollow or you are using a lighting or HQ mod that isn't behaving as expected.
-- You are playing on a laptop that is not plugged in (and thus using battery power).
-- You have some sort of program compatibility setting in place for TS3 for an older version of Wndows that shouldn't be necessary.
-- Your graphics card needs its drivers updated or is malfunctioning.

That's about all I got. But don't take any of these to the bank just yet (especially if none of them apply), let's see what the others here say.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:35 AM
my game is in midnight hollow!,it has unusual lighting?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:37 AM
Hey, I got one of them right?!

Yes, absolutely. Midnight Hollow is supposed to be all dark most if not all of the time. EA went more than bit overboard with that one. There are lighting mod solutions for that available, but first try some test games in different worlds that are known to be a bit more...uh, normal like Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:41 AM Last edited by gatewaypc : 26th Nov 2017 at 4:00 AM.
I didn't know that its a shame its one of my favorite worlds,the sims 4 graphics are working fine,so its not a card malfunction
EDIT:i fixed the issue!
I tried using dragon valley and stuff looked better,but I forgot to turn on advanced rendering,i restarted the game,and everything is pretty now!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 12:45 AM
hey

could anyone help me with my computer? i have same problem, my card not recognised by the game my card is a GT 730 NVIDIA. A lower -end card, but better than my last PC's card, yet my last PC played S3 like a dream!

thanks!