Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5751 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 3:29 PM
Wonder how hard it would be to hack the files to turn the Grilled Cheese aspiration into Creativity. It'd probably still retain the name, icon, and goofy FreeTime aspiration benefits, but if you could change the wants and some of the text it might work. (Plus, judging from her house, Natasha Una is an artist anyways.)

On the subject of aspirations, wouldn't mind seeing that dummied Power aspiration, although you could simulate it with Fortune/Popularity.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#5752 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
It would be kickass to see Creativity as a full-blown aspiration. Obviously the game is extendable by quite a bit, so it may be possible to get it working, though I said it before: The only way you could ever do it is by making an object which you could use to swap out aspirations on the fly since obviously adding aspirations to the CAS portion is probably undoable.

Power is a working aspiration, though it wasn't ever updated to allow aspiration perks and such. That, and it has a few cosmetic issues, as mandatory pointed out: Invisible icon / No "desperation" animation / no appropriate aspiration titles (it uses Romance ones IIRC) and then the fact that you'll grow up badly; even if you grow up platinum.

In other words: I'd be as giddy as a schoolgirl if someone managed to improve / fix up Power, since the whole idea of the aspiration fits several pre-mades down to a T (the Beaker couple in particular, and General Buzz Grunt since why in the world is Buzz a "Popularity" sim? goodness. lol).
I had no idea this secret aspiration even existed! I would love to see this fixed up for the game! Creativity too! I wonder if they would make better secondary aspirations?

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#5753 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 5:40 PM
Any extension of the aspirations would be awesome, in my view-power and creativity being two of the most inspired ones..but on that note, putting an aspiration in there to simulate Sims3 (ducking for cover, quick) like 'evil genius' with the power aspiration used in a bad way would definitely extend the game.

Lillith Pleasant would be the #1 person to take that aspiration and run with it. She's made for it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5754 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 7:07 PM
and General Buzz Grunt since why in the world is Buzz a "Popularity" sim? goodness. lol).

Because the "dark side" of Popularity is beating the everliving crap out of everyone rather than being everyone's BFF.
Inventor
#5755 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 1:28 AM
I'd like a hack that overhauls the way vacations/sickdays work. I've seen a few but none that seem to do exactly what I'm thinking of. For one, it makes no sense to me that a sim can't just straight up call and take a day off if they have days available. And that they have to call after the carpool arrives. One of the few things I like about Sims 4 is the ability to have a sim call any time before they work and take a day off. No stupid pretending to be sick shtick. That should be reserved entirely for when (1) the sim isn't actually ill, and (2) when they don't have any time off to take. When I first got the game, I was horribly confused on how to use vacation days because I kept trying to have them call in and ask for it. It's still weird to me that they just don't go in, because that's the worst thing to do normally.

Related to that, it would be neat if the game actually used any sim that was top of a career track as the boss of that track. Like, if I have a Media Magnate sim and a Sports Columnist, if the Sports Columnist calls in the game shows the Media Magnate sim in the icon. Also, if a sim at the top of a career track wants to take a day off, they can. They're the boss. Who's gonna stop them? XD Though as a concession maybe they'll only get paid for the day if the have a vacation day to cover it. Otherwise, they can play hooky without penalty but won't get paid for it. (I do have the institution sign but sometimes I don't want to affect the whole household.)
Mad Poster
#5756 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 1:30 AM
Have you ever seen this?
http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/D.../DuvetDays.html

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5757 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 4:01 AM
I wish the hobby plaques were customized with the name of the sim who earned them. If I hang them on the wall, how do I remember who they belong to? But if I keep them in inventory, what's the point of having them in the first place?
Inventor
#5758 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Have you ever seen this?
http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/D.../DuvetDays.html

Huh, that's odd. I remember seeing that here but it seems it's been deleted? It probably comes closest to what I described, though it lacks the call-in aspect. It's mostly an aesthetic thing but I'd really like to see it included. As I said, it's weird to me that they just don't go in.
Mad Poster
#5759 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 5:26 AM
Yeah, the creator randomly pulled all their mods from MTS and put it on that site. Not sure why.

Mad Poster
#5760 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 10:58 AM
The mod does have the call in option. A pixel can call in to work before a shift to ask for a day off with pay, or without, without a penalty if they have days accrued. If they don't, it varies as to what will happen with their job.

I haven't tried it on vacation, but will sometime.

(PS: I was the one who suggested this mod to Whoward, and am very pleased at the way it came out-I think he did a great job with it!)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5761 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 12:09 PM
There's probably a hack out there for no slapping, but I wouldn't mind seeing one that changed some of the reactions for discovering cheating based on personality. For example, while a grouchy Sim would likely slap the cheater, a very nice one would more likely run into the bathroom and sob.

Mad Poster
#5762 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 2:44 AM
Mad Poster
#5763 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 3:05 AM
Squinge's hacks aren't always the easiest the find.

Inventor
#5764 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 10:14 PM
If it would be possible: A mod which lets players live in vacation neighborhoods. I seriously would love to live at one of Twikkii Island's hotels. Wouldn't it be cool? I know that InSim lets you extend vacation days to insanely high amounts, but obviously you wouldn't ever age / have babies / go to work, so it isn't ideal for a fun experience.

Couldn't a hotel lot be packaged, installed and then plopped into a main 'hood and then re-zone it to a community lot / apartment complex? Can that work?

You might use the Twikkii template for a new Downtown, and fix your own hotels as apartments. Then your sims would live normally, but in a seaside environment. Would you set the weather to eternal summer? It sounds attractive.
Mad Poster
#5765 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 10:17 PM
Played around with hotel-style apartments before - for a retirement home, I think. It helps to have Simlogical's signs so the Sims will come out of their apartments to use the kitchens and other things. And there's other want-fulfilling paintings on this site so they aren't always rolling wants to buy stoves. I would also suggest the hack to let shopping on apartment lots in case you'd like to set up a restaurant or a few clothing racks. Beach lots glip up if they're apartments, but I recall a fix for that involving using SimPE to change some numbers.

Could be that I'm remembering some of this wrong. Please correct me if so.

Scholar
#5766 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 12:08 PM
I would like to be able to change light colour and intensity for lamps like in TS3. I hate white light, if a room has it, it feels very unpleasant to me and I couldn’t play like that. Only very few Maxis lamps give nice warm light, so I’m stuck with hiding tiki porch lamps in walls (it’s good I always play with walls up) and using Crisps and Kerosene’s candles that do have the hue I want. I have edited some light files, but I don’t want to replace everything as sometimes I might actually need white light for something.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#5767 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:37 PM
A mod that allows you to say goodbye to the neighbors in the apartment.
Test Subject
#5768 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 5:16 PM
I wish there was some kind of make up textured like soft, short hair that covers the entire back of the head (in the 4 hair colors). Like a hairline just more. So that you can't see the skin through some hair anymore. It would make some meshes that are hard to fix properly useful again. There's one I absolutely love but you can see the skin through several parts and that just breaks my heart because I have no idea how to fix something like this

Edit: I just learned that this part would be called scalp. So a scalp make up! Is that even possible?
Test Subject
#5769 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:54 PM Last edited by smrhsn : 11th Jul 2017 at 10:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Making them work 24 hours just because your garden is huge is kind of cruel. XD Maids leave at a certain time too, if your house is too big. But it's never been a problem for me because they come back the next day. The daily gardener mod is useful.

Haha I know, it sounds pretty mean, which was why I thought spawning extra gardeners/maids per related objects would be a good idea.

For example: If one gardener is capable of tending to 15 plants between 9am and 5pm (or whenever they leave), but my lot has 60 shrubs and flower beds, then four gardeners could come out of the truck and get to work. Similarly, if my sim has a mansion with 40 clean-able objects, but the maid is only able to do 25, then two maids could get out of that massive cleaning van

I got the idea from SimWardrobe's Fire Brigade mod which says "The Fire Brigade will spawn one firefighter for every seven tiles of fire on the lot, up to a maximum of eight." Knowing how stupid my sims are with fires, I thought it was a great idea, but I encounter less fires than I do overgrown hedges, so it would be nice to see a mod that could build on this for other service sims.
Mad Poster
#5770 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I would like to be able to change light colour and intensity for lamps like in TS3. I hate white light, if a room has it, it feels very unpleasant to me and I couldn’t play like that. Only very few Maxis lamps give nice warm light, so I’m stuck with hiding tiki porch lamps in walls (it’s good I always play with walls up) and using Crisps and Kerosene’s candles that do have the hue I want. I have edited some light files, but I don’t want to replace everything as sometimes I might actually need white light for something.

Plasticbox made modified lighting files that will do this, but didn't have all add-ons at the time (only base game, Pets, OFB and Seasons). These are plain text files, so it's easy to look through them and see how they work. You can then modify any Maxis lights in any EP or SP the same way. For example, I set the medieval candles from University to actually look like fire - they look so much better now!

http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...ype=2&&u=178282
Alchemist
#5771 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 7:35 PM
NPCs & townie types automatically get any applicable scholarships.
or there be a way for such characters to apply for scholarships without making them selectable; possibly through a Influence interaction.
Mad Poster
#5772 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 8:14 PM
I have used butler for gardening and not let him fire a gardener so there can be 2 NPCs gardening at the same time.
Mad Poster
#5773 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 4:47 AM
Doubt this is even possible, but it'd be cool if the three creativity skills (painting, music, and writing) were controlled by the badge system. A high Creativity helps build the badges faster, but someone who has a gold badge in writing won't immediately be able to play Mozart perfectly if they've never touched a piano before.

Mad Poster
#5774 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:53 AM
There already is a hidden painting skill. I suspect there might also be a hidden writing skill.
Mad Poster
#5775 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:58 AM
But no hidden music skill?
Page 231 of 576