Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 11:52 AM
Despite the earlier disagrees with this statement, I still am quite sure that the censor blur remover does not work on Macs. I tried redownloading at the time and still ended up with an .exe file. Reading the string more closely, it sounds like people are recommending a SimPE file (I believe some sort of plugin for SimPE) and saying that it will work because it's not an .exe. I know for an absolute fact that SimPE does not work on Macs, so a SimPE plugin won't work regardless of format. If it really is a SimPE plugin, I think Mac players are stuck with the blur.

HOWEVER, do try the file that Marka attached in post #3, as that is not an .exe and does not open as a SimPE file. It looks like any other ordinary hack file, and might work for you. I'm not on a Mac anymore, so I can't test it.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 1:21 PM
Quaxi's mod indeed does work fine on the Mac Super Collection...
You want the one labeled: NoCensorBlur_Nightlife.zip (dated 2006) from here:
http://sexysims.info/download.php?t=90520

Unzip it and drop the quaxi_nl_censor_v1.package into your Downloads folder.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Despite the earlier disagrees with this statement, I still am quite sure that the censor blur remover does not work on Macs. I tried redownloading at the time and still ended up with an .exe file. Reading the string more closely, it sounds like people are recommending a SimPE file (I believe some sort of plugin for SimPE) and saying that it will work because it's not an .exe. I know for an absolute fact that SimPE does not work on Macs, so a SimPE plugin won't work regardless of format. If it really is a SimPE plugin, I think Mac players are stuck with the blur.

The SimPE file that's being recommended is the censor blur patch made by Quaxi. It's a .package file, so it works on both Macs and PCs. If you're running SimPE on Windows you can just tick a box in SimPE and it'll create the file for you; obviously on a Mac you need to find a download of it... and it's that download that hasn't been working at the SimPE site.

(I can't help with a download location as I simply copied quaxi_pets_censor_v1.package from my Windows Bootcamp partition to my Super Collection downloads folder. That's the version for everything from Pets and above, so it's correct for Sims 2 Super Collection, which is effectively Bon Voyage. It works just as well as it always has.)
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
The SimPE file that's being recommended is the censor blur patch made by Quaxi. It's a .package file, so it works on both Macs and PCs. If you're running SimPE on Windows you can just tick a box in SimPE and it'll create the file for you; obviously on a Mac you need to find a download of it... and it's that download that hasn't been working at the SimPE site.

(I can't help with a download location as I simply copied quaxi_pets_censor_v1.package from my Windows Bootcamp partition to my Super Collection downloads folder. That's the version for everything from Pets and above, so it's correct for Sims 2 Super Collection, which is effectively Bon Voyage. It works just as well as it always has.)

Would it be possible to upload it someplace?
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 12:28 PM
Quote:
I can't help with a download location as I simply copied quaxi_pets_censor_v1.package from my Windows Bootcamp partition to my Super Collection downloads folder. That's the version for everything from Pets and above, so it's correct for Sims 2 Super Collection, which is effectively Bon Voyage. It works just as well as it always has.

Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Would it be possible to upload it someplace?

Did you not see my link just above muridae's post?

Go to this page:

Click on the Files tab
Download the one labeled: NoCensorBlur_Nightlife.zip (dated 2006)

Unzip it and put it in Downloads.

The censor blur is removed.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThrashNeon
Did you not see my link just above muridae's post?

Go to this page:

Click on the Files tab
Download the one labeled: NoCensorBlur_Nightlife.zip (dated 2006)

Unzip it and put it in Downloads.

The censor blur is removed.

Thanks for the info.

I was informed that one may find a copy of it at Garden of Shadows and I went and downloaded the Pets Version which is the newest version afaik. I do know that the Pets version works just fine for me.

If someone wants a copy they should go here: http://digitalperversion.net/garden...p?topic=30797.0
Page 2 of 2