Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:16 PM Last edited by ChisanaAoi : 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:55 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Fixed :)
(My brother did something on my computer and it appears to have been fixed. Testing to make sure it all works now before officially saying its fixed)

Recently it started where neither my game nor body shop will start. When I click body shop it just never pops up any form of screen no matter how long I wait and when I click to open the game it pops up a blank little error box (picture attached)
With the game I have tried restarting my computer in case it was still trying to run BodyShop as I know you can't have them both running but it still has the same issue.
I have a Windows 8 computer and am running Ultimate Collection off of Origin.
I have tried removing the custom content folder from my game but it didn't help any.
Is there anything else I can do to try and fix it before just uninstalling and reinstalling it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:36 PM
Delete your cache files in your downloads folder and try again It might be a little slow, but it should load then (the game will generate new cache files).
If that does not work, repair your game in Origin - right-click, repair game.
Good luck
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:38 PM
Yes, delete the cache files in My Documents. They're in here (I think that's still right for UC):

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

Delete the loose files called cigen.package and groups.cache and a couple of others (though if you have one called fullgame.id leave that alone).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:54 PM
Oh that seems to have fixed it thanks so much
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 8:36 PM
FYI @ChisanaAoi that's the first thing you do if you have problems.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc