Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 9:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default A Neighborhood not showing up on Sims 2 UC
Hi! I have been racking my brain about this issue. I have Sims UC and I have downloaded custom neighborhoods alot (Old Town, Meadow Creek etc) with no problems I have WIN 10 so I extract the zip files, move them into my ThisPC/Documents/EAGames/TheSims2UltimateCollection/Neighborhoods. I have never had issues doing this Until now. I am trying to download Mountainside Valley neighborhood but when i add it to the place above ^^, it does not show up. Am boggled as to why It's not showing up like the rest :O

Could Anyone help me, or tell me what I am doing wrong? Any Suggestions are welcomed Ty Much for any help!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 9:14 PM
Link to this hood?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Link to this hood?

Hi Jo xD Here you go

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=546569
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 9:36 PM
You could try deleting the neighbourhoodmanager.package file and see if that forces it.

PS - you did download the main neighbourhood version didn't you? There are two other versions where you can have the neighbourhood as a downtown and/or shopping sub-hood.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You could try deleting the neighbourhoodmanager.package file and see if that forces it.

PS - you did download the main neighbourhood version didn't you? There are two other versions where you can have the neighbourhood as a downtown and/or shopping sub-hood.

Im sorry I guess I don't understand what your asking..? I want just the main neighborhood with Sims. Is that link I posted above not the right one for the Original Neighborhood? Thanks!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiwiKatie000
Im sorry I guess I don't understand what your asking..? I want just the main neighborhood with Sims. Is that link I posted above not the right one for the Original Neighborhood? Thanks!

The link is ok, but there are 4 different downloads, one is a Downtown version etc...just make sure you grabbed the proper one.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The link is ok, but there are 4 different downloads, one is a Downtown version etc...just make sure you grabbed the proper one.

I downloaded the MV01 but it is still not showing up So frustrating! Anyone else mind helping me? Thanks!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:53 PM
Perhaps you could show us a screenshot of your neighbourhoods folder? Sounds like you've done everything right, but it's worth just checking.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:48 PM
Did you try deleting the neighbourhoodmanager.package?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:17 AM
Did you try deleting the neighbourhoodmanager.package?

Hi ok ty Yes I deleted it @maxon but I added it back in because it didnt make a difference. I'll post a pic now

Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:33 AM
This is not Program Files..this is Documents. UC works this way?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:24 AM
This is not Program Files..this is Documents. UC works this way?

Yes All of my neighborhoods work except for MV01(Mountainside Valley) ...So yes it works
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 8:40 AM
I don't see that folder in Neighborhoods. Did you just copy and paste it into Neighborhoods from where you unzipped it? And later it disappeared?
It seems Win 10 is making own rules.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 11:05 AM Last edited by maxon : 24th Feb 2017 at 11:50 AM.
No that's correct for Win10 Rosebine - here's mine.

@KiwiKatie000 - that strikes me as a lot of neighbourhoods. Maybe take the rest out temporarily and try it with just the neighbourhood that is not co-operating? I don't see the MV01 folder in there though?*

Edit: also I downloaded this and put it in my game and it loaded fine. So it would seem there's nothing wrong with the neighbourhood folder.

*Unless it's that one called MC01 - in which case, that's your problem right there.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 11:36 AM
No that's correct for Win10 Rosebine - here's mine.

@KiwiKatie000 - that strikes me as a lot of neighbourhoods. Maybe take the rest out temporarily and try it with just the neighbourhood that is not co-operating? I don't see the MV01 folder in there though?*

Edit: also I downloaded this and put it in my game and it loaded fine. So it would seems there's nothing wrong with the neighbourhood folder.

*Unless it's that one called MC01 - in which case, that's your problem right there.

Thanks maxon Yes i took out the MV01 folder because on another thread someone said to put it elsewhere. Didnt help. I'll take out my neighborhoods and just test the MV01. See if that helps. Thank you everyone for trying to help
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiwiKatie000
Thanks maxon Yes i took out the MV01 folder because on another thread someone said to put it elsewhere. Didnt help. I'll take out my neighborhoods and just test the MV01. See if that helps. Thank you everyone for trying to help

I took out all of my Neighborhood Folders and just left MV01 in and It showed up just fine :O I then took out the MC01 folder, that maxon said might be the problem, and then readded all my neighborhood folders back. MV01 is now again not Showing Does anyone think maybe 1 of my other neighborhood folders is corrupt or something? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all of you who have been trying to help
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 1:05 PM
I got that one when I had two neighbourhoods with the same number. Only the outside number had been changed and inside it was still the old number. Maybe you could check that.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 1:42 PM
I didn't think MC01 might be a problem, I just thought your folder might have accidentally got renamed. Do you have two neighbourhoods with the same name? Charity's right though, all the internal file names have to have exactly the same number as the folder.

I think you might be right. You've confirmed it is working for you without other neighbourhoods. What you could do is a sort of 50-50 with neighbourhood folders and see if you can identify which one is causing the issue.

Instructor
#19 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 1:53 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but does one have to have UC for these custom neighborhoods to work? Some of the neighborhood names mentioned here sound intriguing. I have Double Deluxe and all the EPs and SPs. I recently started playing TS2 again after getting a new computer.

goderguy
Mad Poster
#20 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 1:58 PM
If your problem is what Charity said, I'd suggest you to get Ant Renamer program. I used this for exactly that.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goderguy
Pardon my ignorance, but does one have to have UC for these custom neighborhoods to work? Some of the neighborhood names mentioned here sound intriguing. I have Double Deluxe and all the EPs and SPs. I recently started playing TS2 again after getting a new computer.

All of them have been made to only use the Base Game to play so what ever you have it should work for you.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#22 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:10 PM
If your problem is what Charity said, I'd suggest you to get Ant Renamer program. I used this for exactly that.

Its not the MV01 name that maybe causing the problem, I think maybe there is another hood with the same internal number as MV01 and that will not allow MV01 to show up.

Leave MV01 in and then add 1 at a time of your other hoods until one or the other does not show up then upload the xxxx_Neighborhood.package and I will take a look at it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Its not the MV01 name that maybe causing the problem, I think maybe there is another hood with the same internal number as MV01 and that will not allow MV01 to show up.

Leave MV01 in and then add 1 at a time of your other hoods until one or the other does not show up then upload the xxxx_Neighborhood.package and I will take a look at it.

Ok ty for all the help! Ill try it later today and let you know what happens. Ty again!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#24 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 2:55 PM
Try the new version! Maybe it will work now.
I'm aware that many people have had this issue. Something was wrong with 7zip; if the file was extracted with WinRAR, it didn't quite extract the file properly and therefore the neighborhood didn't show up.

But now it should work as usual. The file now is a WinRAR file, so there's no need for 7zip.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Try the new version! Maybe it will work now.
I'm aware that many people have had this issue. Something was wrong with 7zip; if the file was extracted with WinRAR, it didn't quite extract the file properly and therefore the neighborhood didn't show up.

But now it should work as usual. The file now is a WinRAR file, so there's no need for 7zip.

After much frustration I finally got it to work Still cannot get Mootilda neighborhood to show up..but oh well. Thank You to ALL that helped me..much appreciated!