Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 6:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Sims 2:Super Collection Mac - Own College (difficult)
Hello everyone,

I've bought the sims 2 Super Collection through the app store on Mac.

Now, I've spent 16 hours creating my dream college but there is a problem.
Even after creating it, converting it into a dorm lot with the cheat, it doesnt work.
Whenever I put my sims in there, I gets stuck in build mode.

Now i've done hours of research on the internet and I came across a few things.

First of all.
I installed ALL necessary items you need: the doors, cafeteria stuff, fridge, etc...
Nothing helped.

Then I created a whole new town, tried to place it there, didnt work.

I originally created it as a community (so everyone could go in or whatever). I tried to convert it to residential and then to dorm and it also didnt work.

Is there a way to save the construction but not the "lot format"? Or change it in the files itself that it's originaly a residential house?

There must be a solution or a way? No? I really dont want to spent a whole day building that college again..

I'm clueless and full of frustration.

Any help is welcome, thank you!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 1:18 PM
I seem to remember this was a bug with Uni early on and was fixed in a patch. However, AFAIK the Super Collection should be pre-patched. It might be that you started the lot as a community lot. Dorms are residential and should be started that way even if you convert temporarily to community while you are building. Did you place a mailbox on lot once you finished building?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#3 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 7:15 PM Last edited by esmeiolanthe : 4th Jan 2016 at 7:30 PM.
The problem is that you started as a community lot. To make a dorm, you need to have a residential mailbox, and the only really clean and safe way to get one on a Mac is to start with a residential lot in the first place. I'm afraid you'll need to take pictures for reference and start over. I'm sorry.

EDIT: Most downloadable mailboxes require FT or AL, which you don't have. However, it looks like there might be one at daydreams.etown.net that is BV compatible. It's worth a look.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 9:30 PM
Does your lot have a mail box? Stuck in build mode is usually the result of not having a mail box. The mail box is the most important item on a lot that sims are to live in. never use a lot without a mail box (because it started as community) and never delete a mail box.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 1:46 AM
I'm guessing since the three of us asked the same question that the lot is missing a mail box.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#6 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 4:07 AM
I didn't ask a question -- the problem is definitely because the lot started as community and therefore does not have a mailbox.

Now that I'm on my desktop, here is a link to the place that has a possibly BV-compatible mailbox: http://daydream.etowns.net/ It's not possible to link directly to the mailbox, so here is the path: Home page (which the link takes you to) --> Sims 2 button in the upper right --> HACKS/MODS link in the upper right box with a flashing "hot!" next to it --> Second item on the page. Installation instructions are under the link.

NOTE! I have not actually tried the mailbox linked to myself and know nothing about if/how well it works. Please please please back up your game before you try it!

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 1:07 PM
Thenk you for the replies.
Now it seems u cant place a mailbox at a community lot... so if I use the cheat ChangeLotZoning Residential, there is a mailbox automaticly.
If I then use the ChangeLotZoning Dorm, it still doesnt work...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 12:52 AM
If you start with a community lot and change to residential you need to place down a buyable mailbox, they don't just spawn.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:56 PM
Guys
THANK
YOU
SO
MUCH!

The mailbox did the trick!
Downloaded the mailbox from that website, had trouble installing, but made it work.

And now my sims live in the craziest college ever.
THANKS!!!