Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 1:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Will Not Launch With Windows 10 (Never Happened Before)
I have an ASUS ROG Series laptop that has an Intel i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA GEForce GTX graphics card. I have successfully ran and played Sims 2 on Windows 10 for months now, but all of a sudden the game will not launch. I get the error dialogue box that tells me that the Sims 2 Double Deluxe is not compatible with the installed operating system (Screenshot is attached). I have never had issues with the SIms 2 with 8.1, and I had Sims running on 10 for like 4 months now. Any suggestions?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tahlore4
I have an ASUS ROG Series laptop that has an Intel i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA GEForce GTX graphics card. I have successfully ran and played Sims 2 on Windows 10 for months now, but all of a sudden the game will not launch. I get the error dialogue box that tells me that the Sims 2 Double Deluxe is not compatible with the installed operating system (Screenshot is attached). I have never had issues with the SIms 2 with 8.1, and I had Sims running on 10 for like 4 months now. Any suggestions?

Have you tried deleting your Accessories and Groups caches? Whenever I have run into a launch error, that's fixed it - though I haven't had that exact dialogue box before.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BobbiDuncan
Have you tried deleting your Accessories and Groups caches? Whenever I have run into a launch error, that's fixed it - though I haven't had that exact dialogue box before.

Thank you soooo much! It worked! I do not know why I didn't try that in the first place. I thought it was a compatibility or permissions problem. Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 10:23 PM
Ok, I didn't know where to post this. So I recently upgraded to a Win10 desktop with a R9 Radeon gu. I'd be installing the original 4 disc base game plus several expansions. What's the surefire way to install and run the game? And what config files do I need to alter? This is my wife's one and favorite Sims game and would like for her to be able to play it again. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 10:50 PM
I play on Windows 10. I use the Ultimate Collection and a different screen card - but there is no reason why the game should not install and run at once. It is possible that you may need some graphic fixes (nothing overly complicated and it depends on your screen card), but I will suggest installing it first and see if there are any problems. If you need to fix the graphics, there are plenty of help here.

My personal experience is that the game runs better on Windows 10 (though not everyone agrees with me). I have played it on 10 for several months now without any issues.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 12:25 AM
I don't have the Ultimate Collection, which I think may be optimized to run on newer Windows versions. But I've upgraded both Win10 and my display drivers and well try to run again. Questions:

1) Do I need to install all patches for the base game and the EPs?

2) Do I need to run it in compatibility mode? If so, which XP version?

3) If I run into graphical issues, what display driver info do I need to look at?
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 1:54 AM
I'm also having problems with Windows 10. For me, the game was working fine until I tried to make CC Modular Stairs work with The Scriptorium. The package files did not seem to cause any trouble, but once I placed the text files in the appropriate folders/scriptorium links, the game stopped launching. I have already deleted the accessories and groups caches. Deleting the files and unistalling The Scriptorium did not fix the issue.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:14 PM
So, after mostly trial and error, I finally managed to be able to run the game up to the Apartment Life EP on Windows 10. There are still a few issues. One of them being the large black blocks underneath Sims. But the dealbreaker for my wife is the seemingly unchangeable 800 x 600 screen resolution, which apparently makes the UI take up too much space on the screen and not display properly (or rather, her being unable to see both needs and aspirations at the same time while playing). I can't recall if that's something that changed with a patch but, still, it's annoying enough for her not to continue playing. So...any help in that regard?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:16 PM
Theorist
#10 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:06 PM
There is a couple of threads by celebkiriedhel over at Leefish, not sure if they will help but might be worth checking out. If you have CD/DVD HERE and if you have UC HERE and this one HERE.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep