Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Parenthood Hamper

by Athena Apollos Posted 25th Jan 2018 at 3:45 PM - Updated 29th Sep 2021 at 7:41 PM by Athena Apollos : Both versions work with 1.80

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 5:12 PM
Thanks! I use the Parenthood hamper quite a bit and was sad that it wasn't automatically changed to a functional hamper with the Laundry Pack.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:35 PM
this is great! Thank you!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 10:26 PM
A wonderful addition. Just curious though, does it change how full it looks? I'm guessing not because I don't think S4studio can do geostates yet. Great work either way.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 10:54 PM
Awesome! Are you planning on adding functionality to the other pre Laundry Day hampers?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:00 PM
lovely I was just thinking how pity it is the best looking one is only decor, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:09 PM
Thank you so much! I really like the hamper from Parenthood as well so this is exactly what I have been wanting!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
A wonderful addition. Just curious though, does it change how full it looks? I'm guessing not because I don't think S4studio can do geostates yet. Great work either way.

Thanks!!! This is my very first mod. Right now, it doesn't change in looks from empty to full. I suppose I could edit the mesh in Blender, but I'm not sure how I could add another state/texture channel to the texture channels. I added all of the hamper tags, so there aren't any other existing animations and I am not ready to branch into creating animations yet, but would appreciate any other modders who could help me take on that challenge.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:12 PM
YESSS!!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eighmylupin
Awesome! Are you planning on adding functionality to the other pre Laundry Day hampers?

Thanks!!! Yes!!! I am working on converting some other container objects that would make great hampers. I'm working on trash cans right now, but I need to work out some shadow artifact issues I have from editing the trash out of their meshes. If anyone has any object requests, I will gladly take them and see what I can do with them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
lovely I was just thinking how pity it is the best looking one is only decor, thank you!

That's the exact reason why I did made this. A wise friend told me that the best way to get into modding is to find something in the game that needed improvement and fix it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by delightfulcoco31
Thank you so much! I really like the hamper from Parenthood as well so this is exactly what I have been wanting!

I'm so glad that you finally found what you were looking for!!! Enjoy!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimJymm
Thanks! I use the Parenthood hamper quite a bit and was sad that it wasn't automatically changed to a functional hamper with the Laundry Pack.

You're welcome!!! I was too!!! If it took a newbie like me only a few hours to fix it, then it should have taken EA like 10 minutes, tops, to fix it... Oh well...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
this is great! Thank you!

You're welcome!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:13 AM
Thank you, I was just looking at this hamper the other day and was so disappointed that they did not make it usable!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jodi521
Thank you, I was just looking at this hamper the other day and was so disappointed that they did not make it usable!

You're welcome!!! Enjoy!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 9:26 PM
Like I have said on youtuber and here Simmers like you who create the stuff for Sims games are better than EA
thanks for make this hamper fuctional
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaraCroftEyes1
Like I have said on youtuber and here Simmers like you who create the stuff for Sims games are better than EA
thanks for make this hamper fuctional

Aww... Thank you!!! It's kind words from Simmers like you that encourage creators to continue creating mods.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 6:05 AM
Least Simmers like you actually add bright colors unlike EA and to tell you truth I really didn't like Sims 4 because at time I didn't know about CC for Sims 4 and now I know about Sims 4 cc I actually enjoy Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaraCroftEyes1
Least Simmers like you actually add bright colors unlike EA and to tell you truth I really didn't like Sims 4 because at time I didn't know about CC for Sims 4 and now I know about Sims 4 cc I actually enjoy Sims 4

I can't play the game vanilla, either!!! I have so many mods in my game that I can't tell what functionality is EA and what's modded!!! My /Mods folder is over 20GB!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juniormints74
This is great! I was bummed when EA didn't update this to functional with the laundry pack. Thank you so much for sharing it with us! It is very much appreciated.

You're welcome!!!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 8:57 PM
I thought this was a great addition, but had to remove it. After putting it into my game, the game wouldn't open and the error message I received in a popup box told me the game was corrupted and that this was the file that had corrupted the game and to remove the mod, and that the game might need to be repaired through Origin or reinstalled. I removed this and I was relieved that this solved my problem. Since this mod seems to work for other folks, it could be that it just conflicts with some other mod in my game. I am not complaining, just adding a bit of information for other people, who may not get a popup as I did..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ksstrek
I thought this was a great addition, but had to remove it. After putting it into my game, the game wouldn't open and the error message I received in a popup box told me the game was corrupted and that this was the file that had corrupted the game and to remove the mod, and that the game might need to be repaired through Origin or reinstalled. I removed this and I was relieved that this solved my problem. Since this mod seems to work for other folks, it could be that it just conflicts with some other mod in my game. I am not complaining, just adding a bit of information for other people, who may not get a popup as I did..

Thanks for letting me know!!! Did you get a LastException.txt file in your /Sims 4 folder after this happened?? If you did, then please post a link to it here. Pastebin.com is a great site to use. Please don't post the error text directly into here because otherwise, they're hard to read. Also, did you add any other mods when you added mine? Have you tried playing the game with no other mods except mine?
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:58 AM
The same thing happened to mine too. I got the same message as the other person. I have updated all mods I have and have all the games and stuff packs. I removed the mod and the game ran fine. Not sure what happened. I hope it gets fixed because I would love to use this hamper in my game.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Athena Apollos
Thanks for letting me know!!! Did you get a LastException.txt file in your /Sims 4 folder after this happened?? If you did, then please post a link to it here. Pastebin.com is a great site to use. Please don't post the error text directly into here because otherwise, they're hard to read. Also, did you add any other mods when you added mine? Have you tried playing the game with no other mods except mine?

There was no last exception notice because the game wouldn't open. I had put in some new CC at the same time but I removed them too. In fact I had removed them before I removed the laundry hamper, because they were in folder I had designated for new mods, and I had dropped the laundry hamper into the folder named "furniture."

I had also added the functional cake platter at the same time and 2 of Neia's career mods and a mod to prevent the autonomous putting away of toys. Those I also removed, and removing those did not open the game until I took out the laundry hamper.

These are the other mods in my game: No Mosaic, No highlights for selected objects, janitors on community lots, "don't wash dishes where you angry poop," the functional cotton candy machine, and cupcakes in a regular oven. Those are in their own folder of game mods and I have MC Command center not buried in a separate folder because it seems to work best not buried. All are updated to the best of my knowledge. My other CC consists of new meshes for clothes and furniture and recolors of clothes and furniture.

I did not try to run the game with all CC removed except for the hamper, because to honest, I never thought of it, since I was relieved that I didn't have to reinstall and start over. I don't know if this information helps you. Making the hamper functional was a great idea, so thank you.
Page 1 of 3