Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 10:46 PM
Default Residential Diving Lots?
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way, either by cheats or mods or anything, that I can turn a diving area into a residential lot? I really like the idea of an underwater house for my merpeople. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 11:34 PM
The only way I know of to possibly do this is to use NRaas Master Controller > Settings > Allow Add Sim On Community Lots. The default is false and I'm curious whether changing that to true will allow moving your Sim onto a dive area lot. It probably wouldn't be a proper residential lot with a mailbox but I'm going to go into my game and see what happens if I choose adding my Sim to a Community lot (don't have any dive lots in the world I'm currently playing).

Oh, that was weird. I added my Sim to the local swimming pool. The map tag showed that it was her home. I had the option to purchase the property, but there wasn't a mailbox so it really isn't a proper home. About to exit without saving.

I wonder if it's possible to have a dive lot with some area above ground. You could try changing the lot from dive spot to residential and then build a house above ground but still have easy access to the diving area. I don't believe that Sims can live under water, not yet anyway.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:08 AM
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't able to change the lot type for some reason. I did the cheat to unlock building on lot, so I'm supposed to be able to. But it just switched back to being a diving area.